Nike Mag V2 Mod Discussion (Page 58 Shopping List)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Nike Mag V2 mod discussion and builds

Got my shoes on Monday and I love them. Already did the toe mod and iron the laces down. Man the toe mod took forever lol. Cause its my first one and didnt want to mess it up. Looks so much better now.

Now waiting for my EL Sheet to come in so I can start on that.

And here is a hot pic of my wife stored on my PC for your viewing pleasure. You should be able to view it using the same technology that exists to allow us to view pics on your PC:

C:\Users\BigDaddy\Pictures\HotMama1.jpg

Can't see it? Oh well...;)

srry this is my second day im NEW!!!!!!!!!

People ask me all the time..."Are you sure you are done modding the MAGs?"

.....yeah, pretty sure.

I also have 3 more pair to do that aren't pictured here...

DCE1939A-14ED-45B6-B6C9-DCB421678612-388-00000028B4188A28.jpg

8F8BB852-8084-4AD3-8E2F-2C2205ADAFF1-388-00000029292AA627.jpg

42945E8C-A915-4B73-9E3E-F2EB7308D999-388-00000028B82716B3.jpg

Whenever my wife says I am going too far or have become too obsessed...I show her jedifyfe's photos...and all is well in my household once again.

On a related note, I can finally stop BUGGING you guys for straps! I got my pair from Who and they are AWESOME!

3cd9131fca1c75a18537d0acc963dfc0.jpg

thats alot of toes to fix brad! lols

ill definately be referencing your tutorials and mods here when I eventually get a pair. im leaning towards just removing the electronics and doing physical mods only tho.

Holy smokes Brad! i see you have opened your factory then lol! jokes aside thats a great photo, love it!!

Oh The 750mah batts last 6 1/2 to 7hrs, quite happy now I can charge both at same time and I have finally finished doing all the tests to these :)

Holy smokes Brad! i see you have opened your factory then lol! jokes aside thats a great photo, love it!!

Oh The 750mah batts last 6 1/2 to 7hrs, quite happy now I can charge both at same time and I have finally finished doing all the tests to these :)

That is a GREAT time! Good to know. Is that with 2v LEDs and resistors or 12v LEDs and no resistors?

That is a GREAT time! Good to know. Is that with 2v LEDs and resistors or 12v LEDs and no resistors?

Ye I am happy I have finally finished my rechargeable pair, my next pair will be super easy to do now I'm sure with alot less complications and I won't need to stress test Ect, I will compile a shopping list next for everything and who knows I might even make a few pairs up to sell as well, whether they are 9v or 3v I am still not sure as the 3v setup is alot more complex and time consuming but if I can get more than 7hrs from them I think they will be more sought after.

The LEDs are 12v with no resistors, they work perfectly :)

You can count me in on your prefab-buy list.

I just want to wear these shoes already. Haha. I just need lower EL set-up and LED board. I figured out my own set up with the straps and a portable battery pack with switch.

My V2 MAGs are here!! Beautifully made and worth the price! I have 90% of the items needed to do a full mod. But in the mean time I can slowly work on one since I bought two pairs. The Nike Logo was created with transparency paper printed with a laser printer 3 times over to get a super black. Looks good enough to me.

8597427586_f57d86fe50_b.jpg

8597427648_e5e28ed2ab_b.jpg

My Canon camera has always treated me well.

Last edited:

nice job with the stickers Robert! if your selling any let me know please as i use a sharpie pen to make sure my blacks are super dark and not visible without a magnifying glass, your way would save me a lot of time lol!

right so here's my shopping list for a 9v setup:-

V2 MAGS – Free shipping by ems air mag glow in the dark back to the future mags limited edition shoes-in Basketball Shoes from Shoes on Aliexpress.com THESE ARE THE MOST TRUST WORTHY SELLER AT THE CHEAPEST PRICE I KNOW OF BUT IF ANYONE CAN CORRECT ME THAT WOULD BE GREAT £160 ($239)

2 X INVERTER – CL-IPTC-9v-3-7FT ($12.50 for two inverters + $47.75shipping) total £41

2 X EL PANEL – 5"x6" EL Panel Sheet Pad Back Light Display Backlight G | eBay £26

GREEN, YELLOW AND RED LEDS – 12 Volt LED ($1.40 for 5 of each colour)

2 X LITELONG 880MAH BATTS C/W CHARGER – http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2pcs-LITE...pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts_13&hash=item4ad0ef1858 £15.00

4 x 9V CONNECTORS, 2 FOR CHARGER AND 2 FOR BATTERY IN SHOE - 05176 5x PP3 MN1604 9V Battery Clip Holder Snap Connectors Cable Lead 110mm | eBay £1.50

2 X TORCH SWITCHES – 5 Pcs
2 Pin Terminals On Off Push Button Torch Switch White AC 250V 1.5A | eBay
£1.98

2 X DC JACKS – 10pcs DC Power supply Jack socket 3.5 X 1 mm | eBay £2.69

2 X DC PLUGS – DC 5.5x2.1mm to 3.5x1.35mm Famele/Male Power Plug Cable | eBay £2.44

**THIS IS OPTIONAL** ANKLE BUCKLES TO HOUSE DC JACK - Cloneprops Store by cloneprops on Shapeways
ALTHOUGH IF YOU DON'T WANT THESE USE A KNIFE/DREMMEL TO REMOVE A SPACE IN THE V2 BUCKLE FOR THE PC JACK euro52.33 (£45)

So for the shoes and all of the above (inc shipping costs from suppliers to the U.K for buckles and inverters is basically a total of £300.

ON TOP OF THAT YOU NEED TAMIYA WHITE PRIMER FOR BUCKLES, LOCTITE GLUE (LIQUID AND GEL) COPPER WIRE, SOLDERING WIRE, GLUE STICKS, HEAT SHRINK, LAMINATED WINDOW SIGNAGE STICKERS FOR N1KE LOGO.
YOU NEED A GLUE GUN, SOLDERING IRON, HOUSE IRON, HAIRDRYER, EXACTO KNIFE, BUTTER KNIFE, PLIERS AND SCISSORS.

TO frost the LED bubbles you can use what I used if you want or a matte finish (both work the same)
http://bit.ly/QFq8Nc

Brad- if you can link your 9v inverters that you use or clarify that these are the ones you use that would be great as i'm pretty sure you have sourced the best ones so far in regards to dims.

If I have missed anything please let me know or correct any components that can be superseded by a better part (cheaper, smaller dims ect ect)
Your feedback would be great, Thanks!!

PS – sorry for the caps just thought it would be clearer :p

Last edited:

right so here's my shopping list for a 9v setup:-...

Taff, I was just thinking to myself how it's going to be a pain to look back through the thread to pull all of this info, and here it is all in one place. Outstanding, and much appreciated.

Taff, I was just thinking to myself how it's going to be a pain to look back through the thread to pull all of this info, and here it is all in one place. Outstanding, and much appreciated.

Thanks for that I really appreciate your post!

Ye I did say to myself I would compile a shopping list when I finally knew my rechargeable setup would work so I could share it with you all and to finally have done it today feels great! I know I have posted all sorts over these last few months which I would like to apologize for any confusion but with the list above it should help those wanting to buy these in the future and for those wanting to mod their own :)

Whether or not I will start making these up for rpf members only will depend on demand for rechargeable mags and the time I have, due to my upcoming wedding, the only thing which can't be bought is the hours to mod them, but I honestly think I could make a pair fully done in one week now, since I have done every test possible. I must state this though.. Do not have your shoes switched to "ON" when you plug them in to the charger, as the charger is 10volts it WILL blow your inverter.. So make sure your shoes are "OFF" before charging.

This is what they would look like if I did sell pairs, I would also include the mag leaflet aswell and if I can manage to get a rip of the DVD I would also add that in(no extra charge as rpf members have supplied/helped free of charge) Note if I do make more pairs the EL in the soles would be more of a dome shape, my only flaw in this pair..but hey I still like the look of them personally :)

Maybe I should start a interest thread and see where it goes from there :? I'd love to know how much a rechargeable pair like this would sell for, as its around 7hours light life and only needs 4 hours to charge I think quite a bit "shrugs shoulders"

Last edited:

hi

how warm does the 9v battery get?

In use and when charging it doesn't get warm :)

The charger gets slightly hot when it charges two shoes at same time but that is only natural.

If you ever find the batteries getting to hot it usually means something is wrong, the cells inside the battery is what is heating up and that is not a good thing.. Two things happen (worst case scenario) first the battery explodes or second the battery will lose charge and not hold its charge, maybe dropping out at around 6-8v max.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back