Nike Mag V2 Mod Discussion (Page 58 Shopping List)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you mix colour into regular caulking silicone by adding oil based paints. Maybe that is the answer to this mystery. I don't have cracking from walking on my pair which has been covered in a film of grey tinted flexible polyurethane for what must be over a year now. Silicone is rubber and when mixed into paint, should provide a flexible coating. I do not know the shore of caulking silicone, but for the sides, it should be fine, maybe not the base of the sole.

I have not tried this yet, but am curious to see how the white silicone would go to attach the clear soles. It is an adhesive after all. Being white, will give the finish I am after as well.

Would this be then enough to preserve the texture on the sole or would it go on thick and cover it?

It will be hard to get the same result as the walk on black as hardening stuff in the paint and the ingredients aren't showed up on the bottle.

What i can do for you guys is doing a very small try to mix flat white and walk on black to see how the paint react on a flexible item.

Cheers, could you try and give it a hard time and wee how hard it is to rub off. I think regular Angelus is a good solution for a display pair, but it would be nice to make them wearable and not have to worry about the colour rubbing off.

I have a gray pair of addidas that would need to have their soles repainted, i can't promise you to do it quickly, but next week i will give you a feedback if my schedule allows me to, with two layers applyed to a test pair of shoes i can tell you that for the side of the soles, this paint is lifeproof, took it under the water, had a walk into rainy weather, walks into gravels, and after a very quick cleaning it looked perfect.

For the test i always do the same thing, walking in the mountains, it is the only way to see really well in one day how a paint can stay on shoes for long and resist to daily life. ;)

For the swoosh i won't even bother myself to paint it, i found a shop that sales fake leather for sailing at a decent price so it will be strong enough to be washed as much as i will want, strong enough to resist to any weather over the time.

If anybody has a logo print of the V2's swoosh it would help me a lot to be able to get a laser cut because luckily i have a factory that is willing to do it for me.

So far, this is the best scan i managed to do, maybe somebody who's much better than me at photoshop will manage to make it look more "straight"

1.jpg

Attachments

• Right.jpg
    Right.jpg
    441.1 KB · Views: 183
  • Sans titre-1.png
    Sans titre-1.png
    79.2 KB · Views: 193
Last edited:
Would this be then enough to preserve the texture on the sole or would it go on thick and cover it?

Probably smooth over a bit, but you can add texture by patting it with a gloved hand before it sets.

In the end of the day, if you have to choose over colour or texture, it is the colour that is more important.

With the right amount of speckles and splatters, a smooth sole still looks good without the texture, take the customs for example

IMG_20151004_171522.jpg

has anyone seen these? they are chinese knockoffs but look pretty legit... no auto lacing but otherwise fantastic replicas

im not sure how much the authentics coming out later this year are but if its more than these, I'm gonna get me a pair of these...

Lol. I hope you're not serious?...those are the real MAGs.

has anyone seen these? they are chinese knockoffs but look pretty legit... no auto lacing but otherwise fantastic replicas

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GiaKOqhkdX4

im not sure how much the authentics coming out later this year are but if its more than these, I'm gonna get me a pair of these...

Whoa looks to good to be true. Those shoes look like the real deal to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm gonna get a pair of these, they look fkn awesome

Sent from my SM-G928I using Tapatalk

PT Barnum would LOVE you.

One of of two things will happen:

1) you will receive the Chinese knockoffs
2) you will be scammed out of your money and get nothing.

Good luck

I do find it interesting that they list both the v2s and these. Quick Google search of their site seems to indicate the site is legit. We need a Guinea pig [emoji1]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi I'm new to this forum discussion. Have started modding a pair of my own V2. Hopefully I'll have them finished for halloween. I've decided to go down the 9v power route following Taff83's instructions. I've got a few 9v mini inverters CL-IPTC-9v-3-7FT spare for sale. If your from the UK and don't want to pay the crazy $55.41 just for shipping plus duty + vat. Message me. I'm looking at £10 for each one delivered.

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
If they can reproduce an exact replica of the 2011, at least make the tongue longer haha waiting for a new version isn't gonna work, modding v2's or saving for a 2011 release is all there is. And also scratch builds are an option

Lol. I hope you're not serious?...those are the real MAGs.

Whilst every thing about them screams REAL DEAL (making this video a money sham), there is something about the way toe bends that makes me think these are not real. I have NOT seen the real shoe in person, only photos and videos of them, but I have not seen the toe do its funky little thing it did in this video before in any of the others I've watched. Maybe the shoes are just too big for her tiny feet, but someone doesn't look right here.

I'll let someone else dive head first into this shallow pool because gut feeling suggests rip off waiting to happen.

- - - Updated - - -

Screw paying $700

Sent from my SM-G928I using Tapatalk

Dude, with our dollar at $0.70USD, try about $1000.

I agree - Those look like authentics to me.....

I did decide to hit up their chat.... this is what "Jenny" said:

Hello,May I help you?

我 20:51:24
Hi -

I just saw the Nike Mag Pre-Sell for $700 - http://www.gogoyeezy.cn/?Authentic-Nike-Air-Mag-presell-p706153.html

Are the shoes in the pictures like the ones that will be sold? Those look like actual Mags that were produced in 2011.

jenny 10:51:51
as the pics show

我 20:52:55
If I buy a pair, is there a way to get tagged pics before they are sent? There are other replica mags out there that don't light up on the strap...etc.... I do not want those.

jenny 10:53:10
we can do that

jenny 10:53:17
we can also show you before we ship

jenny 10:53:20
and you can check

我 20:53:24
when are you expecting these to be in stock?

jenny 10:54:25
2 weeks

我 20:55:03
awesome.... can I give you my email so you can email me once they are in stock? I am a serious buyer and would purchase upon pictures requested...

jenny 10:55:56
ok

jenny 10:56:02
what is your email address friend

Last edited by a moderator:
Nothing looks off at all. The strap even has the little plastic piece that was added after the original "prototype" mags were made. These are the originals.

Why am I feeling a sense of deja vu?

- - - Updated - - -

Nothing looks off at all. The strap even has the little plastic piece that was added after the original "prototype" mags were made. These are the originals.

So it a scam then?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back