Nike Mag V2 Mod Discussion (Page 58 Shopping List)

Status
Not open for further replies.
are you referring to the EL panel soles?

Sent from my iPhone us
Yes both that and the heel cup have yellowed, cavx posted pictures of his latest toe mod which are my pair and you can see the yellowing

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using Tapatalk

are you referring to the EL panel soles?

Sent from my iPhone us

His soles have been removed and chopped up to make new masters for the new clears I am making. A change in my roster at work has caused a delay on this project until Thursday now. I hope to get at least the first pours done on the weekend.

His new soles will be clear UV stable rubber.

I just want the fresh look as my midsoles have yellowed :(

First of all, cover well your shoes with 3m blue tape so the paint won't be drunk by the tape.

Remove very gently the old gray paint with acetone to have a clean base.

Apply a first layer of Angelus leather dye (i'd recommend you to mix black and white dye) so at least if the paint cracks you'll see gray paint under it but Angelus paints seem to be strong.
Let it dry for a half a hour at least.
Go for a second layer if the base isn't covered enough, then go for the paint. (1 layer of paint "normally" should be enough.

I tryed it today on some old black Nike TN, made the splatter too with the tropical sun yellow and i wear them to have a test shoes that bend to see how the dye and paint react when worn.

Last edited:
Thanks for the guide Klen, gotta find where I can buy Angelus paint in Australia cavx we got some repainting to do lol

Last edited by a moderator:
His soles have been removed and chopped up to make new masters for the new clears I am making. A change in my roster at work has caused a delay on this project until Thursday now. I hope to get at least the first pours done on the weekend.

His new soles will be clear UV stable rubber.

CavX what size are the new clears going to be? I'm still looking to get a pair of the clears

Sent from my iPhone us

Thanks for the guide @Klen, gotta find where I can buy Angelus paint in Australia @cavx we got some repainting to do lol

ADUBZ you've got some masking up to do first :p

I am still going to use rubber on my pairs because I know that works, won't fade, crack or peel.

CavX what size are the new clears going to be? I'm still looking to get a pair of the clears

Sent from my iPhone us

So the current sets are US13.

The new sets under development are US8 and US9.5.

I am hoping that the US8 and US8.5 use the same size outersole just like US12 and US13 appear to do. I am hoping that the US10 and 11 also use the same part.

The US9.5 seems to be a size of its own.

Last edited by a moderator:
Too bad you had too much splatter at the end :(

This is the technique i'm going for my black mags (with less paint on the toothbrush to have a smooth result) it makes me able to have more control on the density of the splatter and look really close to SA shoes plus it's cheap and easy to remove !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oL_Y401JfDM

For the paint i made researches ending with that the best technique to get a result that is not too matte, not too glossy is this one :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlDeBs2oPD4

I'm not sure as a wearing pair it will last forever but at least it is easy to redo and more affordable than technique you use 100 products for just painting.

This isn't a finished sole, I was just trying this technique. You can do more or less splatter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This isn't a finished sole, I was just trying this technique. You can do more or less splatter.

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg

Your splatters look pretty good to me.

Attachments

• 1077815_10151758765366276_1910326114_o-1080x675.jpg
    1077815_10151758765366276_1910326114_o-1080x675.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 62
I bought some Angelus to paint my hc's but haven't started yet. I'm glad I waited because now I can use it on my v2's instead. But I didn't think you had you dye the soles before you painted them? I didn't see on the site or the tutorials I watched. I did see some people mix and use their paint and dye to tint clear soles.

But I didn't think you had you dye the soles before you painted them? I didn't see on the site or the tutorials I watched. I did see some people mix and use their paint and dye to tint clear soles.

The reason is here at 3:35 ;)

The goal is that if you removed the base's paint and that your light grey cracks, you won't "much"see it with your dye layers.

Last edited:
I honestly don't know that I'd wear a pair that had been painted since it will eventually crack and wear off. I do not plan to wear the shoes that I am working on, they will be for display only. I'm hoping maybe cavx or somebody will make a midsole that has the proper color mixed into the rubber so cracking won't be an issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441135705.481777.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1441135718.199225.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441136010.229388.jpg

I used Angelus Light Blue die mixed with Angelus Sole Brite. That didn't work after 3 applications. it just soaked right into the sole. then I used strait dye without sole brite but it didn't dye the soles equally. Oh and I made a big mess as you can see.

it looks freakin terrible is what it looks! the yellow of the soles mixed with the blue and not in all areas. I even power scrubbed the soles and prepped them for dyeing but that had no affect on them. these soles are not normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back