Nike Mag V2 Mod Discussion (Page 58 Shopping List)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't believe that Nike will release the mags again either, the tech that is involved is too expensive, and it would devalue the 2011 release.. which will not happen..

Just sit back and relax, we all have regrets. I wish I had the money to get RD's 4 years ago. :'(

I don't believe that Nike will release the mags again either, the tech that is involved is too expensive, and it would devalue the 2011 release.. which will not happen..

Just sit back and relax, we all have regrets. I wish I had the money to get RD's 4 years ago. :'(

I'm sure a few years down the road there will be some pairs put up on ebay that people decided to wear and mess up a little bit to decrease the asking price.

Nike might not release the Mags this year but eventually they will. I collect Air Jordans and follow the sneaker culture - Nike has and continues to re-release rare shoes all the time.

To be continued...

so have they decided not to go forward with the power laces? was it even said to be this year or did i just make that up?

Nike might not release the Mags this year but eventually they will. I collect Air Jordans and follow the sneaker culture - Nike has and continues to re-release rare shoes all the time.

To be continued...

Has Nike ever released a shoe that went up for auction and sold for thousands of dollars with statements from their VP of Design stating that they will no longer make the shoe? Just curious....

- - - Updated - - -

so have they decided not to go forward with the power laces? was it even said to be this year or did i just make that up?

Here is the problem....POWERLACES does not equal MAGs. Nike has NEVER stated that the 2015 powerlace shoes are to be the MAGs. It's only been what people have read into it, There will be powerlace shoes, they may be grey, they have lights, they may have splatter paint BUT they will not look like the MAGs.

Has Nike ever released a shoe that went up for auction and sold for thousands of dollars with statements from their VP of Design stating that they will no longer make the shoe? Just curious....

- - - Updated - - -

Here is the problem....POWERLACES does not equal MAGs. Nike has NEVER stated that the 2015 powerlace shoes are to be the MAGs. It's only been what people have read into it, There will be powerlace shoes, they may be grey, they have lights, they may have splatter paint BUT they will not look like the MAGs.

Tinker led has also been teasing the auto lacing Mag for a while now so who really knows what they are planning.

Do you have a link to the statement that they will never release again?

- - - Updated - - -

Do you have a link to the statement that they will never release again?

Interview with Tinker and Tiffany:

http://marcustroy.com/newsmy-conversation-with-tinker-hatfield-tiffany-beers-about-the-nike-air-mag/

Are there any plans to ever release them as a regular release later on in the future?No. To preserve the value of what people will spend for these shoes and the money that will — and hopefully, again, that’ll be as much as we can get for each shoe, so the amount of money to charity is the most we can come up with — In order to preserve that, we’re not going to re-release this shoe and we’re not going to commercialize it any further. What you will see, though, probably sometime in the future is that there will be some– this shoe has already helped inspire some unique design features on some new shoes and we are committed to designing shoes in the future that do come alive and do sense your body and do certain things, so this is a precursor to the future of probably all athletic shoes we design.

Last edited by a moderator:
Interview with Tinker and Tiffany:

http://marcustroy.com/newsmy-conversation-with-tinker-hatfield-tiffany-beers-about-the-nike-air-mag/

Are there any plans to ever release them as a regular release later on in the future?No. To preserve the value of what people will spend for these shoes and the money that will — and hopefully, again, that’ll be as much as we can get for each shoe, so the amount of money to charity is the most we can come up with — In order to preserve that, we’re not going to re-release this shoe and we’re not going to commercialize it any further. What you will see, though, probably sometime in the future is that there will be some– this shoe has already helped inspire some unique design features on some new shoes and we are committed to designing shoes in the future that do come alive and do sense your body and do certain things, so this is a precursor to the future of probably all athletic shoes we design.

Thank you. Interesting to see what they meant by "this shoe." A Nike Mag with power lacing will be a different/better shoe though. We shall see...

Last edited by a moderator:
Nike really screwed the fan base with the whole approach they took with the 2011 MAGs. I support the charity part 100%, but making it a public release to the whole world for maybe $400 a pair would have brought in much more money than the 1500 pairs going for up to $10000. Such a waste.

If they do actually release a shoe with "power laces", it won't be a "MAG" for a few reasons -

1. The NIKE MAG was product placement in a film set 26 years ahead of the time it was made. The NIKE MAG actually set standards for shoe tech as it was the first shoe to have a lacing system that extended all the way to the mid-sole. PUMA were the first (using the BTTF 2 "power lace" scene as promotion) to commercially launch their "DISC" lacing system and explained the importance of form fitting footwear. All other companies that followed suit kept shoe laces, making the fragile "DISC" lacing system nothing more than a gimmick.

2. MAG stands for Magnetic Anti-Gravity which is tech no one has apart from the Japanese Bullet Train and the (way over priced and coming october 2015) Hendo Hover Board and both of those are WAY bigger than a shoe. Besides, what purpose does Magnetic Anti-Gravity actually serve? The train uses magnetic repulsion for a smooth ride. Hendo just want to have something BTTF2 inspired out this year.

3. There is just NO ROOM for motors in a wearable shoe and why it has not been done yet. The real MAG is sleek like a sock with a sole. If NIKE were to make a "power laced version of their NIKE MAG, you would not be able to wear it anyway.

4. Stress on electronics and mechanics are too great and no company would be able to place any sort of decent warranty on a product like a power laced shoe. Even NIKE gave just 4 months (with a one time repair clause) for their MAG shoe which cost way more than most people are prepared to spend. There was a set on eBay where the strap light didn't work. It was just outside the 4 month window and he was prepared to off load them.

Don't mean to be a dream killer, just my $0.02 worth.

To be continued...

Air Jordans are not comparable to the Mag release.

I dont feel so bad dishing out a couple hundred for some v2s and mods, compared to these:
http://www.sneakerfreaker.com/articles/10-of-the-most-stupidly-expensive-sneakers-ever/

This shoe is probably the ugliest thing I have seen.
nike-air-yeezy-2-red-october1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back