Nike Mag V2 Mod Discussion (Page 58 Shopping List)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The RD heels cups are also a bit drooped in the back and the rear part of the midsole on the RDs is much thinner.

See this photo..

attachment.php

Attachments

• Mag Comp.jpg
    Mag Comp.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 538
Thanks for that. I probably won't be able to get the back of the part that low, but will see what I can come up with as I have some time off in December.

Would you say the inner wing is the same length as the outer?

Care to share?

I am wondering if it is possible to mod a pair of the US8 V2s.

I've had an idea for a couple years now actually to make a Marty BTTF II inspired costume. There supposedly will be an event here in L.A. next year to celebrate the movie. Heard it is going to be at the Universal Studios backlot, not sure about the details as of yet as it has only been talked about with friends. Just for the fact it is 2015 and I wanna have a fun outfit to wear to any BTTF events or cosplay events in general. I am a huge fan and own a Delorean. I will be getting either the HC store shoes or the V2 knockoffs from AliExpress and modifying them as most of you have here.

Thank you all for all your insightful tutorials, videos and photos on how to do the mod you're all awesome!

I've had an idea for a couple years now actually to make a Marty BTTF II inspired costume. There supposedly will be an event here in L.A. next year to celebrate the movie. Heard it is going to be at the Universal Studios backlot, not sure about the details as of yet as it has only been talked about with friends. Just for the fact it is 2015 and I wanna have a fun outfit to wear to any BTTF events or cosplay events in general. I am a huge fan and own a Delorean. I will be getting either the HC store shoes or the V2 knockoffs from AliExpress and modifying them as most of you have here.

Thank you all for all your insightful tutorials, videos and photos on how to do the mod  you're all awesome!

That would be something worth attending.

If you are going to buy replica shoes and mod them, then just buy the V2s and know you are at least 75% of the way there.

That would be something worth attending.

If you are going to buy replica shoes and mod them, then just buy the V2s and know you are at least 75% of the way there.

The HC stores one are great but I know I am going to have to deal with too much with modding them. The V2 looks closer to the original MAGs to deal with the mod.

What are the RD ones I've read about on here?

The HC stores one are great but I know I am going to have to deal with too much with modding them. The V2 looks closer to the original MAGs to deal with the mod.

What are the RD ones I've read about on here?

Yes, get the V2's. The HC's are an inch too short.

RD means Real Deal Mags. Meaning the real nike mags.

Yes, get the V2's. The HC's are an inch too short.

RD means Real Deal Mags. Meaning the real nike mags.

Coo! yes I plan too. I figure with the MOD I would need to do on the HC ones why not pay the extra 100 bucks and have less to do. I want the NIKE logo and correct straps on there. All that MODing you need to do to the HC shoes makes no sense to get them when you have to pay the extra money anyway to MOD them. I will be replacing the NIKE logo with the light up ones.

I am supposed to be getting a few of these soon. I will post about them when they arrive. I have 6 of the small round 3V inverters now, but they apparently won't power enough EL sheet for the soles, just the amount used on the strap.

Hi folks,

I'm considering trying a combination of the steam method and the re-gluing method for slimming the toe box down on my V2's and maybe the HC's as well. During the steam process you kind of muffin top the toe box and have a bit extra fabric, along with possible wrinkles. You could potentially tuck/re-shape and glue down that newly flattened fabric back down. Was thinking it could also relieve some of the tension on the toe sole too that happens in the straight gluing method.

Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back