Nike Mag V2 Mod Discussion (Page 58 Shopping List)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So are you saying you used a thin piece of EVA foam to replace the standard toe?

If so, details! Haha did you heat your foam to shape it, did you just use a flat piece of foam? Any other pictures of your process?

Regardless of what you did, great looking toe!

-Nick

Thanks for noticing nick, my purpose for the toecap is also to prevent toe creasing in future use.

I actually tried the steam mod first, didn't like the results so I separated the sole from the toe, cut the little stitches that bind the fabrics together and then inserted the toecap(i didnt remove/cut away anything inside.) I haven't glued them together yet as I said i deconstructed the whole shoe.. . Here are some pics and an alternate angle showing how the toecap will sit inside the shoe. I might also try to look for a slightly thinner EVA, but it depends because I'm happy with how it looks at the moment.

toemod.jpg

Attachments

• toecap.jpg
    toecap.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 128
Last edited:
I'm gonna buy a new pair of these one day. The ones I own now are in a different state and weren't modded too well. They weren't finished, but I could tell the quality of them wouldn't have been that good even if they were. Plus they were a tad too big. Maybe next year. I would try to get a pair and start them this year, but the Navy base that I'm at doesn't allow Marines to wear civilian clothes at all, so I wouldn't be able to wear them. Marines are so restricted here it's note even funny.

I'm new to the thread , from the uk , got 2 pairs of mag last week to start modding from china one from Karin which took 22 days via her ems and yes tracking was bad , got the other pair from Jeremy liu and they took 9 days !!! And tracking was spot on , I've done the iron and steam toe mod and it works great , got a couple of little wrinkles but to me they make them more movie accurate , got some new straps to , and got my el sheets etc so hoping to finish them in next couple of weeks ,

Hi fellow Modders,

So I'm on the EL sheet and wondering if you all know what template to use for size 12 shoes?

I have a template in a previous post but can't quite make out if it will fit a size 12.

Additionally the EL sheet I ordered based off the parts list doesn't fit horizontally or vertically to any pronge edge. I'd have to make the cuts at 45 degrees. Any tips would be appreciated on how to cut a 5" by 6" sheet to make use of moons and nike logo.

Finally how do you hide the connection moons so they are separated like the 2011 authentic Mags?

Thanks

Cheers , I wasn't going to mod them originally but then ..... As usual stumbled on this thread and hey presto , they got to be :0) , I'm surprised how good quality there are for replicas as that glue they use is a beast sometimes , and each shoe is it's own lol , cut my el
Sheet ready for strap and nike logo , just got to cut hole in strap , and the sole glue doesn't want to let up but il be patient , it's great seeing all the pictures of everyone's

hay fam i got free drinks and 2 pics taken last night wearing my mags , it's now getting aggravating all every body talks about is my shoes but i really don't mind i love them so much and they always ask how much are they? i tell them go to aliexpress and order them and 1400 and ill mod them (but half of my profit goes to the
Michael j fox foundation for Parkinson's research :D

Here is my new strap and layout for el sheets and inverter with on/off switch just got to put in all in lol when I get chance , toe mod looks good toImageUploadedByTapatalk1394460022.286776.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMG_0671.jpgIMG_0672.jpgjust finished painting first sole i got this pro paint from (turtle feathers) a site just for shoe moders :D
i applied it with just a medical Qtip come out perfect was going to air brush but it applied so even wit just a Qtip ??? go figure lmao

Hi fellow Modders,

So I'm on the EL sheet and wondering if you all know what template to use for size 12 shoes?

I have a template in a previous post but can't quite make out if it will fit a size 12.

Additionally the EL sheet I ordered based off the parts list doesn't fit horizontally or vertically to any pronge edge. I'd have to make the cuts at 45 degrees. Any tips would be appreciated on how to cut a 5" by 6" sheet to make use of moons and nike logo.

Finally how do you hide the connection moons so they are separated like the 2011 authentic Mags?

Thanks

My shoes are size 12 also, and this is *almost* how I did it. My sole EL pieces were in the same position as pictured here, but the small strap logos I did at the top and bottom of the picture, where the other sets of metal prongs are. Position them so they are oriented vertically in the photo. It doesn't look like there's enough room at the bottom, but there's just enough. I found that the metal prongs make the best and easiest connection, but Jedifyfe showed another way by making a slit in the EL and inserting the wire tape, folding it over and gluing it down. That way saves you from trying to get the small pieces on the other set of metal prongs. If you can get the connection to work, it would give you more freedom on the EL sheet.

img1209fcustom.jpg

My shoes are size 12 also, and this is *almost* how I did it. My sole EL pieces were in the same position as pictured here, but the small strap logos I did at the top and bottom of the picture, where the other sets of metal prongs are. Position them so they are oriented vertically in the photo. It doesn't look like there's enough room at the bottom, but there's just enough. I found that the metal prongs make the best and easiest connection, but Jedifyfe showed another way by making a slit in the EL and inserting the wire tape, folding it over and gluing it down. That way saves you from trying to get the small pieces on the other set of metal prongs. If you can get the connection to work, it would give you more freedom on the EL sheet.

http://imageshack.com/a/img824/5443/img1209fcustom.jpg

Thank you so much, this helps a lot. So to hide the moons, will you leave that whole paper template in front of the EL so it won't shine through or how would you hide it? Apparently the template I have is way longer than yours. Any chance you have your template handy so I may print it out? Thank you.

** I blame theRPF Forums for spending money on what turned into a passion: Just ordered a laser printer and clear sheets for the Nike Logo. *** I'm forced to now make more shoes lol.

- - - Updated - - -

View attachment 295791View attachment 295792just finished painting first sole i got this pro paint from (turtle feathers) a site just for shoe moders :D
i applied it with just a medical Qtip come out perfect was going to air brush but it applied so even wit just a Qtip ??? go figure lmao

Wow Amazing job man! What color are you going to make the letters and swoosh?

It's funny because an earlier posts I read that Jedifyfe didn't like the black shoes then later on he got them. I'm tempted now myself.

I don't think I ever said I didn't like the black soles. I hate the gold splatter and I hate that a guy ruined a pair of real mags but I've always like the black look.

I don't think I ever said I didn't like the black soles. I hate the gold splatter and I hate that a guy ruined a pair of real mags but I've always like the black look.

my bad, I may have read it wrong. That will by my next move.

Are you doing anything with Jordan V's? I've always wanted those shoes when I was a kid and just thought they were too expensive back then. HQ Replicas are about $130 with Rephot. Thoughts?

I may have over stretched my Nike Straps when I was trying to separate them. Just curious has this happen to anyone and if so how do you get them back in place. I was thinking using an iron? Tips? Thanks.

My favorite Jordan's were the 7's. The Raptor and Hares.

I gotta say the black and reds on those raptors are pretty sweet with that design

Ok so I'm laying out the dollhouse wire and I cannot get the EL light to turn on?? I've been scratching contacts on both the wire tape and the EL to get a spark and nothing. Direct connection without dollhouse wire tape works fine.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    581.5 KB · Views: 113
I gotta say the black and reds on those raptors are pretty sweet with that design

Ok so I'm laying out the dollhouse wire and I cannot get the EL light to turn on?? I've been scratching contacts on both the wire tape and the EL to get a spark and nothing. Direct connection without dollhouse wire tape works fine.

Did you peel off the transparent sticky layer off the top of the coloured side of the dollhouse tape wire before soldering or connecting?

my bad, I may have read it wrong. That will by my next move.

Are you doing anything with Jordan V's? I've always wanted those shoes when I was a kid and just thought they were too expensive back then. HQ Replicas are about $130 with Rephot. Thoughts?

These guys are good for reps, and cheaper than rephot:
Air Jordan 5 Perfect, Air Jordan Perfect, Footwear , Wholesale Footwear , China Footwear ,Discount Footwear , Cheap Footwear , Authentic Footwear , Replica Footwear , Youth Footwear , Official Footwear , Pro Bowl Footwear , Super Bowl Footwear
They've never taken my money and not delivered.
The nike free's and airmax 2013s I got from them last were awesome. About the only difference between the 'fake' and real nike frees is that on the fakes the foam is a little harder. (as I have real nike frees to compare)
You get free shipping if you order over a dollar value (i think $180) as you see in screenshot below..... damn now im wanting to order what i just posted, lol

jordan 5s.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back