Nike Mag V2 Mod Discussion (Page 58 Shopping List)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok 3 confirmed the steam method works, so I guess I should JUST DO IT now. Could this be used to flatten the lace ribs as well?

Hey guys! New to the forms. Can anyone refer me to someone who does mods for the Nike Mag in the states?

thanks for your advice JEDIFYFE :)
ill post picks of progress IMG_0653.jpg

got all the nasty gold paint off lol

cool, DJ - what colours are you going to be replacing the gold with? I've been thinking about getting a black pair of V2's and removing the gold paint and swoosh, and putting a white swoosh on and repainting the text on the back white too. You know, like the old 90's Nike basketball shoes where they were mostly all black with the Nike stuff white (air DVST8 or similar, shown below)
Air-Dvst8-black-130230-012-1large.jpg

Gotta go buy a new iron to try Emmet's idea, mine coughs up rust when I put water in it, lol! So glad I tested it on a random cleaning cloth first......

Never been a big fan of the black mags but seeing them finished I am starting to really like them. Great job. Any pix of them turned on?

Never been a big fan of the black mags but seeing them finished I am starting to really like them. Great job. Any pix of them turned on?

The soles are being tinted yellow by The Cross Customs. As soon as I have them done and he posts pics the them on, then I'll post them up.

Sweet.
To everyone who has done the toe mod with the iron, how quickly does the toe shink? Im thinking of doing it but apprehensive cause I dont want to ruin them

Those Nike Footwear bag inspired customs look great Brad. Or should I say they look rather Mag-nificent? (Corny joke)

Also, thanks for the new confirmed toe mod technique guys, can't wait to try it out tomorrow on an old pair, and then if all goes well do it on my current pair. Speaking of my new pair, I got them in the mail recently and when I opened them up I noticed :eek a few glue stains on the upper from when they were made...grrrrrr it made me mad!

Sweet.
To everyone who has done the toe mod with the iron, how quickly does the toe shink? Im thinking of doing it but apprehensive cause I dont want to ruin them
Not sure what the other guys did here, but I think it might be advisable to stuff a sock or something similar inside the toe first. I will have a go on my display pair tonight after my kids go to sleep.

Yea I was thinking the same thing with a sock. Make a vid cavx. I might even try tonight too while the missus is at the gym

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back