Nike Mag V2 Mod Discussion (Page 58 Shopping List)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Photos are great and the shoes look amazing. Maybe yourself or anyone else that has these can tell me, does the material 'glisten' in light/photo flash on all pairs or have you coated your pair with something??

From one irish to another:) im not sure if they've coated them? But ivr taken photos of mine with flash nd no glistening.
Hope it helps.
Paudie

Well, my midsole EL for my first shoe broke. Looks like I have to order a sheet from airair in order to have enough to make another one when I get to my next shoe.

Well, my midsole EL for my first shoe broke. Looks like I have to order a sheet from airair in order to have enough to make another one when I get to my next shoe.

Hopefully they will be the same color. That is, if you already made both EL soles already.

Hopefully they will be the same color. That is, if you already made both EL soles already.

I've only cut out one midsole piece and that is the one that is broken. Airair's picture looks like it is the same color, but the picture is really low quality, so I can't be 100% sure.

Mitas I cannot understand why you are having such a hard time with that bottom el panel installation. I just used an xacto knife to carefully slice the sole away from the side of the shoe. I do sort of an in then down technique. Then I slice all the way down near the base. From there you can carefully flex the side wide open to easily drop the el panel in. I think you aren't opening it enough and are trying to fit it in there by pushing with too much force from what it sounds like. Just slice that baby open all the way.

yeah, you have to fully open that side sole rubber right to the bottom, its a real pain to do, but hairdryer it and slow do it. it eventually comes off.

The EL sheets i have are all Aqua, i just used about 8 sheets already for cutting out lots of sole lights and strap lights.

One A6 sheet, you can cut out 2 soles if you wanted to, just angle your template on the sheets, and you should be able to do it.
Or you could just cut out 1 sole bit and 1 to 2 strap cutouts using an A6 sheet.

I just use plain scissors cutting out the EL sole bits, or you can use a sharp exacto knife.
Then you can just use some grey electrical tape and tape it over the middle bit and edges to make it look perfect.

Mitas I cannot understand why you are having such a hard time with that bottom el panel installation. I just used an xacto knife to carefully slice the sole away from the side of the shoe. I do sort of an in then down technique. Then I slice all the way down near the base. From there you can carefully flex the side wide open to easily drop the el panel in. I think you aren't opening it enough and are trying to fit it in there by pushing with too much force from what it sounds like. Just slice that baby open all the way.

I cut the whole thing off. You must not have read my post. That whole piece of clear sole isn't attached to the shoe anymore. The reason the EL broke was because the layers of it peeled up for some reason and just stopped working.

I cut the whole thing off. You must not have read my post. That whole piece of clear sole isn't attached to the shoe anymore. The reason the EL broke was because the layers of it peeled up for some reason and just stopped working.

Hmm. Either it was a bad piece of EL or did you possibly get super glue on the backside of the EL?

Ah yes I do recall you mentioning something about removing that thing entirely. Also that EL sheet is not supposed to peel apart so easily like that. BTW your lights are done. Message me if you still want them.

Hmm. Either it was a bad piece of EL or did you possibly get super glue on the backside of the EL?

Yes, I believe that's what happened. Lesson learned lol

- - - Updated - - -

Oh I agree. I wouldn't wear them myself. I just saw Mitas' rendering and wanted to "fix" it. My OCD going crazy.

That was just to be more accurate to the hoverboard. I wasn't serious about making them. The original pink was too dark. The hoverboard has hot pink paint and velcro, so I matched that with the color of the upper.

Man those buttons that I got are great. You can't see them at all through the cuff. I really recommend them.

Also, here's another mod I did. I made the ankle bubble stick out like it should.
DSC00207_zps28fb45dd.jpg

DSC00209_zps8be45872.jpg

DSC00208_zps66a39166.jpg

I just cut the extended border around it off and glued it back in place. After the border is cut off, there is a line all around the edges that isn't entirely clear like the rest of the bubble due to the natural imperfections of cutting it off and I matched that up with the heel cup and that's where you need to glue it back. I hope that makes sense. When you actually do it, you will know what I'm talking about. And make sure to use an exacto knife or other razor blade. Scissors can't fit through the tight corners.

Last edited:
So what's the final verdict? I'm using the LEDs from the shopping list on pg. 58 and am planning on wiring them in a series per JediFyfe's tutorial. I am using a 9v battery setup. Do I need resistors? Thanks in advance to everyone on here. I'm already knee deep into my first shoe.

So what's the final verdict? I'm using the LEDs from the shopping list on pg. 58 and am planning on wiring them in a series per JediFyfe's tutorial. I am using a 9v battery setup. Do I need resistors? Thanks in advance to everyone on here. I'm already knee deep into my first shoe.

If you follow the way Jedifyfe did his, they will be dull. You have to do it the way Taff does it. He hasn't been here in a couple days though, but keep an eye out for him. And you don't need any resistors.

First, THAT is a great mod Mitas! I hope the bubble stays in place while walking.

I'm unsure why your LEDS turned out dull the way that I have them wired. It must be the voltage of the LEDS you have. I believe mine are 3v LEDS.

First, THAT is a great mod Mitas! I hope the bubble stays in place while walking.

I'm unsure why your LEDS turned out dull the way that I have them wired. It must be the voltage of the LEDS you have. I believe mine are 3v LEDS.

lol thanks. That means a lot coming from one of the masters :) And it stays really well because it will be glued to the heel cup and the upper behind it. Also my whiter sole mod kind of fell apart since I had to remove the EL because it broke. It peeled most of the paint from the midsole off so I just removed it all. The outersole I cut off is still a little brighter than the other shoe for some reason though. Not sure why. It might be the spray paint that I put on and removed those couple times. I'm not going to do the whole mod again. Takes too much time. Just the spraying and removing of white spray paint. It gives enough brightness for me.

And my LEDs are 12v. Taff put them in a different circuit setup than you. I'm not going to tinker around with it anymore though. I ordered a set for my shoes from Robert. He also threw in a whole sheet of strap labels for me for free. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back