Ilm tauntaun armature

Full steam ahead now!!
Part's look great.:p
I have to audit the model again but from memory there's over 120 individual components to the armature!
11.png10.png7.png8.png9.png

Lol rob

Lee , just looking and basing it on those pics that machining leaves our shapeways stainless skull for dust !
Love the finish, love the result and love state of the art machine shops.

Unbelievable Rob!!

That looks absolutely perfect mate.

BTW, the prototype skull is going with me next week as well, there are a few well known fella's I will be showing it to…

Highest regards

MARK

Thanks Mark, Thats a big buzz for both of us. :D
Pity your leaving before the Taun is complete, Would be incredible to get an updated photo of the guys standing in front of it.

Lol rob

Lee , just looking and basing it on those pics that machining leaves our shapeways stainless skull for dust !
Love the finish, love the result and love state of the art machine shops.

The Shapeways skull you showed me a while back was superb, this alloy one, is off the charts, cant fathom the work involved!

lee

Yes mate, The same prototype place I told you about. I gave up trying to use my dremel, Just wasnt cutting it:facepalm

Now where did I leave that dam instruction manual?
Hey, Mars, Were the hell are the stainless steel balls and rod:facepalm
IMG_5410.GIFIMG_5412.GIFIMG_5413.GIFIMG_5414.GIF

WOW!!!
Thisi shipped didnt it ? And you didn't tell me!
How long before I smell it??
Balls are here , rods are on the way to me.
Other balls I will get on the supplier again......
Talk about WOW ,

There's been this strange man hanging around my mailbox lately! I didn't want to take a chance giving you a heads-up:lol

qcfoundry
Re: Ilm tauntaun armature

balls....**snicker**
rod.....**snicker**

:lol

scotthothpatrol
Re: Ilm tauntaun armature

Glad to see all the parts can't wait to see her put together. Are the feet in there somewhere?

Most of it's there, The feet are great, So small and detailed in stainless. I'll post a pic
So how many did you want again Scott? :lol
IMG_5414.GIF

Awesome stuff Rob!
It looks like you built the actual thread sizes into the parts for the hardware, was the shop able to machine them like that or did you have to tell them what thread size to use?

Hi Matt, Yes I built all the correct spec threads into the model, Partly to help me figure out the fit but also partly because they could machine the part and thread in one hit for certain parts. I still sent 2D plans specifying thread for all parts as well. There were a lot of different process used on the parts including EDM.

Rob

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back