Ilm tauntaun armature

Awesome work guys - it would be a shame to cover that mechanical work of art but hey its going to look awesome when done.
So what stop animation short film will this appear in ? :)

Man, man, man that is absolutely jaw droppingly brilliant!!

What a tremendous build mates - you are top drawer!

highest regards

MARK

Awesome work guys - it would be a shame to cover that mechanical work of art but hey its going to look awesome when done.
So what stop animation short film will this appear in ? :)

I LOVE the Taun, fur, riding gear, its such an amazing prop, seeing Guys was a real treat, but have to agree, that armature also begs to be displayed naked, its so intricate, i want i want lol. Man I'm missing out being a hack with no machining skills lol.

lee

Again thanks for all the kind comments.
Well i didn't have to add 2014 to the logo, Made it with a few days to spare. :lol
Here's a couple of shot with the tail in place.
Back Tail.jpgSide Tail.jpg

That's fantastic! Really incredible work. I wish I'd seen this thread earlier. I have one of the beautiful 8th Wonder Studios replicas of the Mighty Joe Young Armature, and would love to have one of these as well. If you ever think about selling the CAD drawings let me know. I've got a friend with a top notch CNC setup. If that request is against standard RPF policy for any reason I apologize, and please forgive my ignorance. I just got excited seeing such a beautiful representation of a childhood dream!

Came out awesome!!
Thank you all for those wonderful comment , much much appreciated.
VFX:
Your question is valid and I believe not against any policies or rules here, however it would be unthinkable to price the CAD drawings as they have many hours of research and design.
Instead we are and will machine a group of these that are already pre ordered by some guys along them feesible to produce.
Still saving up for mine but its in the books to do.
They aren't cheap at all to make as it requires a 5 axis CNC and over 100 parts but I guess you owning the King Kong armature would know that.
If this suits you please
Contact us through pm as selling through this part of the forum may be against the rules as this is not a sales thread.
Naturally the more we make at one go the more the price would come down.
Thank you for your interest
Mars

Somehow I've forgotten about this thread thanks for reminding me dsp5500 ... so in the meantime has this Taun Taun armature been covered up with some skin yet? I'd love to own a full scale Taun Taun like this ... with a Han Solo on top ... that is when my wallet would permit :wacko

Chaim

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back