Medical Frigate build by Jim C

Re: Medical Frigate / Nebulon B studio scale build

I'v attached the last of the ship hulls to the rear side of the stalactite and rigged up the 3-D interior effect in the lighted windows.

For the windows on the studio model, they used film slides of employees and various random shots of the ILM model shop lit by fluorescent sheet (Lightsheet). Bill george told me they had a terrible time filming the model because the Lightrsheet was too dim and gave off a bluish light.

I'v taken care to duplicate the look of each window including that "bluish" tint.

O2102198%20copy%202.JPG

Last edited:

The structure at the very bottom of the stalactite will be the final kit-bash assembly done for the front section of the Medical frigate.
Starting with cutting up and mating together three Indy car bodies.

O2102096%20copy.JPG
O2102102%20copy.JPG

Detailed with some Roco tanks and lots of Plastruct.

O2102118%20copy.JPG

O2102172%20copy.JPG

O2102180%20copy.JPG

O2102193%20copy%202.JPG

How you figured this out based on the reference photos I've seen of this ship is incredible! One of my favorite ships. I love you ShowCraft!

Fantastic work! I know it was a struggle for people to put together basic parts maps for years and you're doing this so quickly and well. And that part at the bottom...how???!

This has the be the pinnacle of kit ID'ing, I'm in awe of your work.

See, I told you he's a machine;) (nice to have Bill George to talk to and have some info on that model)...keep up the good work, it's crazy amazing!

hi Jim

looking great , I am using your build as a reference , I am still gathering the endless list of kits , sent you an email but had no response :(

your work is a true inspiration and a reason for me to learn more and more, is not an easy task trying to track your progress

how much do you think that beast will have cost you when it will be over?you seems to have buy a lot of model kits to realize this!

Yeah I'm just finding this one now, this is one of my favorite ships! I had started a 5' version a while back but it didn't survive a move so it all got scrapped. It in no way compared to this monster though! Craziness!

I would love to see some updated photos on this. Any progress?

After getting my hands on the last kit needed for this area, I was able to put together the Ligier assembly that sits at the top of everything on the non-hero side.

KG_MED-FRIGATE-%20002%20copy%204.jpg

O2102337%20copy.JPG

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back