What does your Workshop/Workspace look like?

my god. i am so envious. all i have is a dented desk in the corner of my bedroom and a shoebox full of tools. i am now going to go and cry in my corner if anyone needs me.

my god. i am so envious. all i have is a dented desk in the corner of my bedroom and a shoebox full of tools. i am now going to go and cry in my corner if anyone needs me.

I'm going to take a guess that you are young and still at home? If so, take heart. We ALL started out like you. What you see in some of these pics is a literal lifetime of collecting tools and workspace. How? One at a time. bit by bit.

You'll get there.

Just started building a new setup in my workshop for my modeling. Will have some pics soon. Should have some by the end of the week. I was starting a woodworking shop and lost interest so taking the front part of it and making it mostly a model building shop. Going to have plenty of workspace for multiple kits at a time. Seems I am more productive doing several kits instead of one at a time, go figure!!!!

Kenny M.

Seems I am more productive doing several kits instead of one at a time, go figure!!!! Kenny M.

It's called Multiple Pipelines Disorder :lol . . . keep those models cranking up from your shop :D

@ strode : you have a dented desk? :confused . . . I usually sit behind my kitchen table . . . with my shoebox and some vintage tools from my dad and a couple of cotton swabs and toothpicks :lol and I even live on my own.

Painted with just some small brushes and also with cotton swabs :

At-AT-04.jpg

This was photographed on the kitchen stove and available light :

HolyGrail05.jpg

-Chaim

Last edited:
awesome. haha, my dented desk is a second hand one i got from my cousin and infested with termites. it is literally hollow in places. i usually move around a lot so i never go over board with possessions. all the "shoe-boxed" tools are at my parents house and extremely basic. it's where i currently am and resuming building after at least 8 years or so...once i move out again, everything will cease so that sucks a bit. c'est la vie...

Here's a couple of panoramas of the main room. Painting area is on the right and the power tools are all through the door into the shop.

y4eruqun.jpg

e2uredeq.jpg

ahoudini, dude, holy crap... love it!:love

Talk to my wife, man! Thanks, though. I love how our shops have to have computers for online tutorials and reference photos and TV's and disc players to watch movies while we work! Nothing beats working on a prop or model from a movie while watching the movie!

So I added a new toy to my shop. take a look:
8538756479_bdc7786c67_z.jpg

Any opinions?
I also moved the Bowflex out so i could use it, and moved some stuff around. not really set up yet, but getting there...
8539864014_3dff078184_z.jpg

So far I really like it. I have been using it like a scroll saw, but I can cut metal, wood, PVC, ABS, you name it. I recommend tossing out the blades it comes with and buying some quality blades (I bought some Bosch). Blade changes are quick and easy, and the vacuum attachment works pretty well. The large work surface makes for the ability to work on larger projects than with most entry level scroll saws. I have only had it for a few days, but so far, so good, and you can not beat the price.

Here's some pictures of my bench. It's been neglected for the last couple of years while I got absorbed in work at my job. I need to add another toolbox and consolidate the paints and epoxys

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back