Does anyone make good Lambda Shuttle STL's?

curiouslysophie

I am on a bit of a 3D printing binge recently and I want to do one of the most iconic ships of Star Wars, the Lambda Shuttle. I am just wonbdering if there are any decent, and importantly accurate STL's out there to print?
The closest I've seen is the gambody one, but there are a lot of wrong bits on that one.

Cheers,
Sophie

Funny that we were just talking about that in the, Correcting the Revell Imperial Shuttle proportions, thread in how most modeling companies seem to get so much wrong with the shuttle.
As for 3D printing, never have tried that, but hopefully you can find someone that has a good accurate version.
Its usually that top find and cockpit that are the most wrong.
It does seem to be one that doesn't get done correctly. I want a decent large size one. The gambody one is good shapewise, the details are off though. Maybe I can try altering the stl if a good one cant be found?

It does seem to be one that doesn't get done correctly. I want a decent large size one. The gambody one is good shapewise, the details are off though. Maybe I can try altering the stl if a good one cant be found?
Just looking at that one, from what I saw, doesn't look too bad, if I saw the correct one anyways.
What size are you going with?
This is the old MPC I built a few years back, with the really bad top find and horrible angled cockpit.
Still, its nice to own a classic piece like this.
P1012225.JPG

I'm thinking around 1/68 scale, that is probable the largest I could do on my Saturn 2, about 50cm tall with wings deployed. The gambody one does have a pretty nice interior. Debating whether to do that or black out the cockpit window.

That is a fantastic job on the MPC one too! I really like the weathering :)

I'm thinking around 1/68 scale, that is probable the largest I could do on my Saturn 2, about 50cm tall with wings deployed. The gambody one does have a pretty nice interior. Debating whether to do that or black out the cockpit window.

That is a fantastic job on the MPC one too! I really like the weathering :)
Thanks. I see some people weather the streaks going down the wings when folded out in flight mode. But the ILM one looks to have it streaked down when folded up, as it makes since that it would be sitting on a landing pad, outside in the weather like that.

50cm is a pretty good size. Probably around the size of the old Kenner toy....(that I had to sadly sell years ago for money)

Merlin models Looks like they are about to put out a kit but it's over $1,200 , And I think the guy from Sci-fi Studio scale models announced on his Facebook page that he's closing up shop and have seen no further updates on their shuttle on their page. You can get the one from BigBang's collectibles or the one from Gambody to use as a blank canvas. Looks like I got my pages mixed up It's not sci-fi studio scale models that are going out of business It's another company called (scifimodels.de)

Last edited:
Merlin models Looks like they are about to put out a kit but it's over $1,200 , And I think the guy from Sci-fi Studio scale models announced on his Facebook page that he's closing up shop and have seen no further updates on their shuttle on their page. You can get the one from BigBang's collectibles or the one from Gambody to use as a blank canvas.
So far, that’s been my plan. I’m sure the Merlin Models one will be incredible, but out of my price range.
I’ve started modifying the Gambody one. It’s not as bad as I thought. The shape is good, mostly the details are accurate. It just need some touch ups here and there and a bit of greeblie correction. Im also going to redo the cockpit too.

Indeed last week scifi studio scale modellers started the sale for a Studio Scale B-wing ... anyhow Sophie has started her 3D upgrade Tyderium project ... I for one can't wait to see how it turns out ;)

Chaïm

I don't know how much accuracy and correct proportions matter to you, but it does seem like the Gambody shuttle STL would need a bit work as well to get the correct proportions. This shuttle just can't get a break lol. Anyways, good luck with your print and build! Excited to see your progress!

image_1.pngScreenshot_20230104-152116_Gallery_1.jpg

Last edited:
I don't know how much accuracy and correct proportions matter to you, but it does seem like the Gambody shuttle STL would need a bit work as well to get the correct proportions. This shuttle just can't a break lol. Anyways, good luck with your print and build! Excited to see your progress!

View attachment 1709903View attachment 1709904
Was curious to overlay the drawing on top the 3D model, and I can see the issues better now. Not horrible, but still a few things are off.
The 3D render is not quite a perfect side shot, but still enough to tell.
shuttlediff.jpg

I don't know how much accuracy and correct proportions matter to you, but it does seem like the Gambody shuttle STL would need a bit work as well to get the correct proportions. This shuttle just can't a break lol. Anyways, good luck with your print and build! Excited to see your progress!

View attachment 1709903View attachment 1709904

Ah, now I see it. I can live with some small details wrong, but the shape is one I wouldn't be able to.

Was curious to overlay the drawing on top the 3D model, and I can see the issues better now. Not horrible, but still a few things are off.
The 3D render is not quite a perfect side shot, but still enough to tell.
View attachment 1709976

Looking at that overlay I think it might just be easier to design a new one from scratch. I think it would turn out better and be more accurate, plus I could add better interior parts than the Gambody one. Got me thinking now!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back