What does your Workshop/Workspace look like?

When we bought our last house in 2009 one of the things on "the list" was a workshop space for all of my hobby stuff. After more than 20 years of being shoved into a dark corner I was rewarded with a property that had a new 28 x 18 ft workshop

IMG_0036.jpg

IMG_0035.jpg

I got to work on it right away and now 3 and a bit years later here is where it's at. I took out the wood stove this year and ran/buried a dedicated 60 amp line to facilitate a heating and cooling system that keeps it at a constant 22 degrees celsius (71 F). Also treated myself to a new Artograph 1530. Still learning to airbrush but heck, why not be ready when I get decent at it!

PaintCorner_zps0e7cf188.jpg

Looks a little dumpy right now due to the 3 projects I have on the go. A SN Y-Wing, a Cooper Avenger, and a SS 44" Eagle Transporter. I have a reference library section, extra 4 foot fold down table attached to the bench and a tv/PS3 to have a little relax time. My wife sometimes thinks that if I ever get a bathroom installed she will never see me again!

Corner1_zpsce4def9f.jpg

Corner2_zps5873b485.jpg

I'm new in my house so I haven't set up a workspace yet but what I'm really curious about is I saw a few pics of you guys with retail shelving for items like the aluminum and brass and what I was guessing was a humbrol display (both full of product). Did you guys grab these from a store going out of business or straight up ordered from the supplier. Based on what I see from local shops, stocking the display is cost prohibitive.

Should I suspect a business license and ordering from a wholesaler? I normally order styrene and abs in 2x4 sheets from like TAP or U.S. Plastics but it's a little unwieldy to chop down.

I like these pics - I'm working out of a tackle box for supplies on fold-able banquet tables and a hanging fluorescent lights. I need to get some work done before making a perm setup in the basement - we need Radon remediation.

-Makrel

When we bought our last house in 2009 one of the things on "the list" was a workshop space for all of my hobby stuff. After more than 20 years of being shoved into a dark corner I was rewarded with a property that had a new 28 x 18 ft workshop

IMG_0036.jpg

IMG_0035.jpg

I got to work on it right away and now 3 and a bit years later here is where it's at. I took out the wood stove this year and ran/buried a dedicated 60 amp line to facilitate a heating and cooling system that keeps it at a constant 22 degrees celsius (71 F). Also treated myself to a new Artograph 1530. Still learning to airbrush but heck, why not be ready when I get decent at it!

PaintCorner_zps0e7cf188.jpg

Looks a little dumpy right now due to the 3 projects I have on the go. A SN Y-Wing, a Cooper Avenger, and a SS 44" Eagle Transporter. I have a reference library section, extra 4 foot fold down table attached to the bench and a tv/PS3 to have a little relax time. My wife sometimes thinks that if I ever get a bathroom installed she will never see me again!

Corner1_zpsce4def9f.jpg

Corner2_zps5873b485.jpg

I honestly wouldn't know what to do with so much room. I'm literally using the very corner of my bedroom and my closet as a work shop aside from the large tools in the basement.

DAMN Jason!! You go boy!!!

Some nice setups there!

Evan, nice to have space, huh?
My shop is 16'x24' and right now the back half is storage, mainly my wife's and daughter's crap. That's....about....to ....change......

I want my shop back!!

Kenny

Well as it seems I'll now be back home for good, I can start planning to build my workbench in my bedroom. Not Ideal I know but there's nowhere else for it to go. Just need to figure out how much timber I'll need, and incorporate a space for a spray booth. :D I can't wait.

Oh it does already, any and every flat surface in my room is covered. I figured it's about time to seperate my PC desk from my modelling space, because my keyboard aint cheap and is suffering from all sorts of mess.

WOW... what I would do for some of these spaces! My workshop is basically my computer desk. Not much space at all... I keep having to find tools that I've buried under other tools. Would love to have enough space to do stuff and store the tools and materials I need to work on any project. I am sooooooooo jealous!

Just moved into a house with - FINALLY - a two-car garage ... at least HALF of which is allocated to my soon-to-be "Weekend Workshop/ManCave." :cool

First element will be building my "ultimate" workbench - which will be utilizing the 2x4 Basics Workbench Legs + Shelf Links set (see below) . . .

25.jpg

:D

All of the pictures were REALLY tidy. Do they really look like that? I can barely find a pencil with all the clutter on mine!

Worked out the dimensions for my workbench, 2900mm by 720mm. Should be more than enough room! (untill it's completely cluttered up and leaves me no space)

Just need to work out what I need storage for,
Paints
Tools
Kits
Kits in progress
Drying rack
Airbrushing space
Flat Materials

I'm sure there's more I'll forget :p

Here are some pictures of our new workshop. I have spent the last 6 weeks to entirely redo the garage section and install cabinets on the walls of our second work space

We bought this house especially for the unfinished basement. The whole space is occupied by our workshop, garage and stockroom

going down the stairs on your right you can find the stockroom where we store most of our supplies. On front, the workroom for sculpting and assembly jobs. and on the left the garage.

IMG_5999_zpsf2120d2e.jpg

Stockroom ( 10'x9' )

IMG_6001_zps9a8894e4.jpg

IMG_6002_zps0761d8db.jpg

IMG_6003_zps49c26c86.jpg

Workroom ( 11'x15' )
workroom still in progress , I need to fix some details for it can be 100% functional

IMG_6005_zpsc8bc5d7d.jpg

IMG_6006_zps329a4a15.jpg

IMG_6009_zpsd9403628.jpg

IMG_6027_zps50193d2e.jpg

IMG_6023_zps091df7a6.jpg

IMG_6022_zps054f6bce.jpg

IMG_6010_zpsfcf49e13.jpg

and the Garage ( 10'x21' )

IMG_6011_zps57a5ac75.jpg

IMG_6012_zpsd3d5934f.jpg

IMG_6013_zpsb8ec27f3.jpg

IMG_6014_zps3dabedad.jpg

IMG_6015_zps144bf03d.jpg

IMG_6019_zpsf8dd474f.jpg

IMG_6021_zpsa6eff870.jpg

I would kill (almost) for any of these spaces.

I'm confined to a 6x2' table in the corner of my 20x25' apartment.

100_0105_zps3d6f6c9a.jpg

Oh, but to dream.

That cat would be the first thing that went!
Freaking allergies!!

Just kidding!

Kenny

Yeah, I'm not real happy with my other cat.

Two of my window inserts for my 1/350 TOS Enterprise went missing off the table and I can only find one.

Fighting urge to strangle.

I have the barest beginnings of a workshop! I talk about it in another thread but I went nuts cleaning the basement and found for myself enough space to put in a workbench and some storage.

View attachment 138077

I doubt it'll stay this clean for long. :p

Trevor

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back