What does your Workshop/Workspace look like?

My garage is really well insulated, so I usually just leave the door leading to the house open and let the central heat and air cool/heat it. It also makes it easier for the cat to harass me:lol

I also just added the following must haves to my workspace: drill press, band saw, belt/disc sander, bench grinder and shop vac.

Robert

Agreed! My 6" x 48" belt sander and my 6' tall drill press are both from my wife's grandfather's machine shop, so we're going back 40 - 50 years. Still running great!

I've got 3 separate work areas:

The vac forming / general purpose area:

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3905/14944441238_7a3f68076d_z.jpg

The painting/bondo/fiberglass area (1500CFM exhaust fan venting outside)

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5593/14950324686_6b04c51325_z.jpg

And the garage, which I don't have any good pics of, just individual tools. That's where the lathe, drill press, welding gear, etc... lives

I like that DIY Vac Former...got any build plans for it?

My good friend Richard_2001 and I have been busy remodeling the "studio" (formerly known as "the shop" LOL). It's taken a long time and a LOT of effort just to get to this point. But, one entire corner of the work area has now been completely transformed.

This is my "ventilated work booth" Mk II. The old one was where I spent about 90% of my time while in the shop. This new model has many improved features and now doubles as a spray booth. There are still a few finishing touches to add, mainly trim around the outside of the hood, some power strips across the top, and Slatwall panels will be attached to the inside walls. Other than that, the booth is fully functional and ready for our next project.

Attachments

• NewWorkBooth.jpg
    NewWorkBooth.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 203
I have 2 rooms ,one is my modeling room, which is currently a disaster and in dire need of repainting. The other is my mancave/office/workspace for laser cutting..and its currently getting a makeover. Heres a few before shots..it needs alot of help lol
100_1228.JPG100_1229.JPG
so to start,I decided to add some scenery..a simulated window ,resembling the Medical Frigate scene in ESB and of course a fresh coat of paint
100_1231.JPG100_1428.JPG100_1429.JPG100_1442.JPG
another wall done ,dedicated to ships mostly...the next 2 walls require moving my PC/worktables and laser ,so they'll get redone when I have time to stop working.
eventually the floors will be redone in black marble tile and new lighting to brighten things up.
100_1467.JPG100_1437.JPG100_1425.JPG100_1424.JPG100_1470.JPG

Too quiet here for a WHILE!

I am getting ready to do a MAJOR reworking of my workspace. I will be clearing out my (Insanely messy and jam packed) Garage, installing new electric in the Garage and basement, adding a CNC Router and other equipment...I am VERY Excited. So let's get this thread fired up again!

Here are a few shots of my garage studio. My wife and I built it ourselves and it's my Fortress of Solitude when I need to relax!View attachment 260169View attachment 260170View attachment 260171View attachment 260172View attachment 260173View attachment 260174View attachment 260175View attachment 260176View attachment 260177View attachment 260178View attachment 260179View attachment 260180View attachment 260181

It's still a work in progress. I still have to stain the cases and add the plex fronts to some of them.
Very impressive cases, cuts down on dusting, great idea, some. Very cool models, I'm also into cars so nice to see the mix, bttf scene is excellent

I have done some more work on my shop. Still one more corner to finish up and organize. When I finish that I will post some more photos. ;)

Just starting to build my workshop. I have ordered a 16 foot x 12 foot shed/garage. Groundwork done this weekend, shed arrives and is built next weekend.

This is where we are so far.

IMG_20160228_111632.jpg

IMG_20160228_150301.jpg

Will post more after next weekend. Plans are to thermally seal the innards and then add wall, floor and ceiling boarding. Then 6 foot LED lights and power. Lino floor and paint walls...then get modelling. Hand made spray booth/box going in and vented outside, tables, bench and industrial shelving going in too. Exciting times. The kids are loving it as it means they can have the kitchen table and living room floor back :lol

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back