What does your Workshop/Workspace look like?

Well then.
I'm just getting into modelling again as an adult, some of these set ups are crazy.
I love how everyone has plenty of Star Wars stuff about :D

I finally got around to taking some pictures of my workshop. There's a ton on my blog, in this post:

The Project Workbench: Workshop Tour

But here's the general idea.

shop1.jpg

shop8.jpg

Well, my daughter, her boyfriend, and two grandkids moved out this week. That means I get the spare room back! Before I got married two years ago it was my modeling room/man cave. After I got married our youngest daughter moved in with her kids. They took over the spare room and pretty much everything was put in storage except my desk, which went in our room. They moved out and then two weeks later my oldest moved in, the ones who just left. So now, I am reclaiming the spare room. Oh, and this will be the first time since we got married that the wife and I will have the house to ourselves!:devil

I'll post a pic after the move is done.

I got my desk moved back into the spare room today. I still need to hang some shelves and build a hanging paint shelf/caddy thing on the wall. It's good to get this out of our bedroom, we have room for more....bedroom type stuff.....

Attachments

• 100_6846.JPG
    100_6846.JPG
    375.4 KB · Views: 249
Heres a little but Ive mine..my work desk..my casting area is in the garage,and I have yet to finish building my RC building desk..it rests on its side at the moment..the rest of the areas are so messy,too ashamed to post them lol
100_9404_zpsd6a9a237.jpg

Nice collection of paint and stuff. I don't have near as many but I want to build something to hang them up, like a spice rack type of thing. Right now all my paints take up the two bottom drawers.

2014-03-02 20.57.37.jpg2014-03-02 20.57.30.jpg2014-03-02 20.57.51.jpg2014-03-02 20.51.02.jpg

I set up a father son bench. His side is much cleaner then mine.

I love the TV ideas. I have been using the laptop for netflix.

Last edited:
I have completely reworked my workshop since December. My Dog died and I got the whole basement to myself now. Also, my business Partner has our CNC Workshop set up. I will post pics of both in the next couple weeks...

Here's a shot of my main work desk... It's what I'm using while I get the rest of the place set up correctly. The room I'm in now is 3.35m x 4.5m (11' x 14.7') with a 3m (9.8') ceiling.
13845525665_01acd926ec_c.jpg

I'm turning my current apartment into my model/prop shop. The apartment is roughly 100 m2 (328 sq ft). This goes together with the basement which is another 90 m2 (295 sq ft), that is already set up as a machine shop with, among others, a large engine lathe, bridgeport mill and all the bits needed.

The plan is:
bedroom 1: current work area. This area will be where I do the bulk of my builds.
bedroom 2: Clean room with the computers, Laser cutter and whatever needs a clean environment.
Living Room: Office and display/storage space for completed works and those waiting to be shipped.
Kitchen: Spray booth, chemical storage and all things messy.

Hey guys, loving all your workshop/workspace photos. It's really interesting for a noobie like me to see. I'm just starting to set up my own workspace in a spare bedroom. I have the basic tools (drill, jigsaw, dremel, random orbit sander) but have room and small budget to add something more substantial - currently thinking of a band saw. I was just wondering what other people thought were the best tools to buy first i.e. what tools do you use most or would miss the most if you didn't have them. I'm not sure what direction my prop making will take me but I currently have plans or have already started making Hellboy's Samaritan handgun, M-41 Pulse Rifle, Storm Trooper helmet, various spacecraft from Star Wars and Aliens etc. (to try and give you an idea of what sort of work I will be doing). Thanks and sorry if this is not 100% on theme for this thread.

So this thread has been quiet for a while. I am getting ready to completely "renovate" my work spaces. I will be clearing out the Garage and Basement, installing some new electrical to handle some new equipment, and adding two 3D printers and a CNC router table along with some more common equipment and then re-installing everything. I will take some before and after pics and expect to take about a week to ten days all told. In the mean time, SHOW YOUR STUFF!

I used to have a whole double garage full of builds and work space but I sold most of my stuff and downsized. This is my tiny temp work space until I get cashed up again and go bigger. It's not much, but it gets the job done;)

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back