Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Pre-release)

I've listened to Mark's voice. There is definitely an effect on it. If its just for this teaser, then it means nothing. If that effect is from the film, then it could mean Luke is altered in some way. We've already seen his hand has been changed. What if other parts of him have also become machine? What if in his old age he's partly followed his father's path? Oh man this is so fun to speculate!

He says "my sister has it" slower in ROTJ and his voice is older in the new trailer, although Mark Hamill is doing a great job of sounding like Luke, which sounds silly as he is Luke, but his voice has changed as he has aged, like everyone, but he does a great job sounding like ROTJ Luke.

And you can hear mechanical background when "my son" is said and along with the Vader breath there is a faint echo of each of Luke's words.

- - - Updated - - -

Listen carefully and you can hear James Earl Jones "my son"

Well, the good (or bad) news is we have 8 months to speculate whether it is or isn't actually from the film.
That's plenty of time for all kinds of crazy theories.

The Vader helmet bites. It does not look like a burned ROTJ Vader helmet. It looks like a clay helmet someone squished in.

- - - Updated - - -

The concept art for his burned helmet looked so much cooler.

The helmet in the trailer, I feel at least, looks better than the concept art. It looks like a skull. You got teeth, holes for the nose and eyes, the back of the helmet curves back into the helmet similar to the shape of a head, etc.

star-wars-vader-helmet.jpg

Looks cool to me. Semi-molten metal that has cooled.

I agree about the earlier comment about Chewie's eyes. I had noticed that in one of the Force for Change vids and it was decided at the the time it was just a stunt double with an ill-fitted mask. However the Chewie in the trailer has the same, deeply set eyes too. Of course he is standing so it might've been the double again. My guess is Mayhew is likely only Chewie when he's sitting down.

Vincent Chase Ruins 'Star Wars' in 'Entourage' Parody Mashup (Video) - The Hollywood Reporter

So much time and effort on a parody which is actually more so an ad campaign.

From the article:

" 'Startourage' imagines what would happen if the 'Entourage' boys went to a galaxy far, far away.

The boys from HBO's Entourage were never known for their good taste or discretion.

A new parody takes that to the extreme, imagining what would happen if Vincent Chase were given the keys to the Star Wars kingdom. In STARTOURAGE: The Foursome Awakens, Johnny Drama gets to do the trailer voiceover, Lloyd plays an Ewok and scantily clad women dance around — a lot.

The parody was shot over 13 hours at a movie ranch in Canyon Country and produced by Windowseat. If you notice Turtle's affinity for sandwiches, that's because the piece was commissioned by Quiznos, which has done other movie mashups as part of a viral marketing campaign.

The Star Wars stuff looks pretty authentic, and the producers' legal department had to approve everything — from script to the final cut — to ensure the video wouldn't put them in legal hot water.

"The whole idea is not to make fun of Entourage or Star Wars, but to pay homage and spoof if in a positive light," Windowseat Creative Producer Ruth Du tells The Hollywood Reporter.

After the well-received Star Wars: The Force Awakens trailer that premiered Thursday, fans will be happy Vinnie Chase wasn't involved. "

STARTOURAGE: The Foursome Awakens | Quiznos | Toasty.tv - YouTube

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back