Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Pre-release)

Re: Star Wars: The Force Awakens

Falcon-Teaser-Maybe.gif

There was an alleged SW: The Awakening trailer leak gif with the Millennium Falcon zooming towards camera. It seems fake, not enough detail. The Falcon's upper jawbox is not clean as it is in the gif. Looks cool otherwise, though.

Its nice, but isnt the falcon supposed to be firing from the top and bottom guns?
I don't recall the description of the trailer exactly, but if there's more than Han and Chewie aboard and the situation is grim enough, then both quad cannons should be in use. Like in this photo I made a couple of days ago with my FM Falcon (which is here only to depict the ease of faking these things).

Firing-Falcon-Flickr.jpg

Lando had some gunners on board, its on the deleted scenes, although in the real film all we ever saw was him and Nine Numb, someone had to be sat at the quads.

Lando had some gunners on board, its on the deleted scenes, although in the real film all we ever saw was him and Nine Numb, someone had to be sat at the quads.

I recall that. I just went back and watched the ROTJ dogfight and all the shots at TIE fighters seem straight ahead, but they are red and come form the top quad gun it seems. I must be thinking of the EU, I am sure in the EU the Falcon had forward firing guns.

I recall that. I just went back and watched the ROTJ dogfight and all the shots at TIE fighters seem straight ahead, but they are red and come form the top quad gun it seems. I must be thinking of the EU, I am sure in the EU the Falcon had forward firing guns.
I think the quads could be locked in a forward position and be fired from the cockpit, but they could only rotate when manned.

In that First giff the radar dish is rectangle shaped, interesting, matches the pic of the falcon landed, could be fan made still

Last edited:

I think the quads could be locked in a forward position and be fired from the cockpit, but they could only rotate when manned.

In the X-Wing Alliance game you could lock both turrets to fire forward (at least on YT-2000). Not sure how canon that is though. It seems like a handy feature though if you don't have gunners on board.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back