Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Pre-release)

I love George Lucas. I really do. I think we should all refer to him as "dad". But a large part of me wants to blame Rick McCallum for a lot of the bad decisions.

I'll sleep better at night if I do

You'll sleep better blaming the yes man than the guy he said yes to? Whatever works for you. And it's be weird calling Uncle George "dad." That's my $0.02 at any rate.

Hey media, can we get more pics that show nothing but the actress in her mocap suit? What exactly is the point of that, when it's not showing us anything that's going to be on screen?

You'll sleep better blaming the yes man than the guy he said yes to? Whatever works for you. And it's be weird calling Uncle George "dad." That's my $0.02 at any rate.

Hey media, can we get more pics that show nothing but the actress in her mocap suit? What exactly is the point of that, when it's not showing us anything that's going to be on screen?
Your producer isn't supposed to be the yes man. He's supposed to help guide you to make better choices because you spend so much time looking at the details.

Your producer isn't supposed to be the yes man. He's supposed to help guide you to make better choices because you spend so much time looking at the details.

And George is the one who put Rick in that position. It's Rick's fault for not stopping George, but George is still the one that made the bad decisions and hired an enabler to be the producer.

Do you blame Tarkin for blowing up Alderaan, or one of the guys who didn't make the decision but also didn't stop him?

I've never thought McCallum comes across well in footage. Never met him in person. I think he produced a few very crummy prequels, but he's just that - a producer. Their job is to keep things moving on time, on budget, on schedule, enabling the director to achieve their creative vision while sparing them as much of the logistics and business considerations as possible. His job is not to shape Lucas' creative vision. Even if he were the producer who hired Lucas, once a director is on a show they're captain of the ship. That probably goes doubly so for GL, having created the world, written the script, owning the studio, the VFX company, the merchandising... McCallum doesn't get any credit for his squandered time in the Star Wars universe, but it's hard to realistically lay the blame for those movies at his doorstep either.

I'm new to pepakura, new to 3D modeling, and I hope I'm figuring things out with accuracy. My first helmet prototype was about the size of my head and it had a few bumps to adjust. Feedback is welcome. Is it too wide? Is the back too flat? It doesn't have all the details and the nose isn't attached. I do like what I have created and I have more to learn. SW7.3.jpgSW7.3 Meta.jpg

This is only the beginning.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back