Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Pre-release)

Re: Star Wars: The Force Awakens

Does anyone know if soccerball R2 is practical? I've been mulling it over and there does seem to be a fairly simply way to do it fo' realz.

If anyone is wondering about the lack of the OT characters, remember John Boyega and Daisy Ridley are also going to be playing the main characters. So it was important that they (along with Oscar Isaac) were established and highlighted in the teaser, instead of the OT cast taking the spotlight. They will be shown in the full trailer by summer 2015.

The OT characters will be playing crucial yet supporting roles, but this movie and especially the sequels will be carried by the characters of Boyega and Ridley.

For me the focus and interest in Star Wars (OT) has always been the story of Luke Skywalker, not Han Solo not even Darth Vader. The original trilogy gave us a large story arc of Luke and his journey across the universe along with other beloved characters, cool weapons and spaceships. The prequels were of course focused on the rise of Vader.

I want this new trilogy to continue the arc of Luke in a profound way. But at the same time, if they have to expand the possibilities of better adventurous storylines for a long term, they need to go beyond the OT and PT characters. And I am very much looking forward to see how all these new and old characters establish themselves and what they bring to the story. In the end that's what I will connect with.

Apparently practical but with some sort of aid to make it stable and removed post production. That shot does look CG though.

- - - Updated - - -

Inevitably...

Thank you!! That was awesome. :lol

Does the Sith-like figure have a black glove on only one hand? The hand holding the saber looks flesh-toned, but glossy.

sith-hands.jpg

-Ss

Yeah there was lens flare, CG dirt or water on a CG camera lens, zoom shots, and shaky cam.
Like I said, everything about modern filmmaking and J.J's style I hate

Yep - and I'll say it again..... 'bloody orange and teal colour grading!!!' It is soooooooo boring and obvious - just stop it in all films. Can't believe it has made it's way in to Star Wars.

Does anyone know if soccerball R2 is practical? I've been mulling it over and there does seem to be a fairly simply way to do it fo' realz.

Yeah, my son's first impression was it looked like a football.....

.....Bryancd posted a link a couple of days ago to the Making Star Wars site, where it explains the idea behind it,....and other info
New-Droid.png

J

James Gunn: "Because everyone keeps asking me my opinion, I LOVED the Star Wars trailer. I got to see it not too long ago at Bad Robot. I was dying to talk about it but sworn to secrecy. It uprooted some giddy little kidness inside of me, and I think it strikes a great balance between modern filmmaking and classic Star Wars dustiness. In talking with JJ and seeing some other glimpses behind the scenes, I'm just incredibly excited for the film."

Which is fine, IMO. But if you say something you don't like, such as the fact that ST aren't clones, and suggest based on that the film suffers from lazy story telling, well that's absurd. Surely you can understand that.
No more absurd than not being able to realize that we've already several movies setting up that Stormtroopers are clones and not being able to understand that the general public who sees these movies most likely considers this part of Star Wars lore.

So yes, it's absurdly lazy of the new Star Wars storytellers to retcon this part of Star Wars. Surely you can understand that. It's as bad as Greedo shooting (first).

Can we move on now?

Interesting stance on Luke from dark empire I believe.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    173.7 KB · Views: 95
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 95

"Can we move on now" ? really meaning, "Can I have the last word now?" Everyone is over this argument, dude.

The new ball droid looks awesome.

I'm incorporating a similar design into M-O, with a weighted middle situated between two rollerball halves.

Currently working on Baymax, would love to sink my teeth into this when I get the chance.

From some rumors I have read that is the finished saber effect. I think it's Adam Driver who collect Sith artifacts and this might be an ancient Sith sword. The narration does sound like Cumberbatch.

My God, it wonderful, it's the Star Wars I will share with my son.

This would make sense if that photo of the character holding the burnt Vader mask. If Driver's character does collect Sith objects, he would relish the Vader helmet. The claysaber may be one of these collections.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back