Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Pre-release)

Re: Star Wars Episode VII

I wish it was Johnnie Walker Blue, but I only have Black.

View attachment 337294

Ha! I guess there are always exceptions we can make to blue milk... :lol

I can't really see there being any truth in this rumour, particularly given his comment about it. If there'd been any possibility about Pegg being involved he'd have kept tight-lipped or non-committal.

If he's been spotted on location though if probably means JJ's invited him to visit. I can very easily see them sorting out a costume and him spending a day or two out there as an extra.

I agree with you Jeremy. Simon Pegg in Star Wars would be a bit much, not that I don't like him as an actor, but that he's already hard-wired his image of Scotty into most people's
brains and I think he'd be a bad addition to this cast. Let's hope it's just rumor.

"Han Solo doesn’t move like he did 35 years ago." Actually it sounds like not much has changed.. I don't know about SW, but didn't Harrison get hurt during filming for all the Indy films? :lol

Yeah. Riding the elephant in TOD damaged his back. Speaking of Indy, ROTLA debuted on this day in '81.

Harrison Ford Injures Ankle In 'Star Wars' Mishap

Wait...the poorly written article says he is 'booked for three Star Wars film'.... plot spoiler or just assumption?

Also, the article doesn't mention whom or what Alcon is (although we know it is Alcon Entertainment). I suspect the line 'Ford's ankle is repped by UTA' is some sort of joke?

Aw man I can't believe it! I hope it's nothing as bad as the news articles make it sound. "Crush" is a harsh word....

so now Han Solo's part is being re-written to use a cane... and here we were worried about Peter Mayhew! :D

"Han Solo doesn’t move like he did 35 years ago." Actually it sounds like not much has changed.. I don't know about SW, but didn't Harrison get hurt during filming for all the Indy films? :lol

Or just put Solo on a tauntaun for the entire film.

imageedit_7_5743881344.jpg

^There's a thought. :D

But seriously, what worse luck could this movie have had after all these years of people like ourselves pining for the old days of Star Wars and, when we finally get it, this. I don't know how far along principal shooting or whatever they call it has come but hopefully it's far enough along that his major work is done.

I wish him a speedy recovery, not just for SW but moreso for himself.

Wait'll he does something major as Indiana Jones,like bust a hip or such.

Maybe he'll realize he needs to slow down.

Geeze what'd he do? stick his foot between the ramp door and the body? maybe he really DOES hate Solo and wants out bad.....

Apparently it had something to do with a filming scene in the Millennium Falcon with one of the hydraulic doors. It's not a secret though that the media can really
dramatize things, so maybe it's nothing more than a scratch with a trip to the hospital as only a precaution.

Apparently it had something to do with a filming scene in the Millennium Falcon with one of the hydraulic doors. It's not a secret though that the media can really
dramatize things, so maybe it's nothing more than a scratch with a trip to the hospital as only a precaution.
This would most likely be what the truth is... Hopefully its nothing that will cause a big delay in filming... It may be nothing... any time an actor is injured in any way it is standard procedure to get them checked out... they must according to insurance policies required for the industry... many times I've heard about actors being rushed to the emergency room or what-have-you for minor burns, cuts or scrapes.. his might turn out to be a bruise... but you can't have a 70 year old days or weeks later complaining of migraines or chest pains and it turns out that minor accident caused a clot to break free from that bruise and cause an aneurism or stroke... imagine the lawsuit.
could be he sprained it, or it just hurt so bad he couldn't walk for the moment.. we've all been there and know how that feels.. so they rush him in to make sure he doesn't have a fracture. hopefully he doesn't.

Last edited:

This would most likely be what the truth is... Hopefully its nothing that will cause a big delay in filming... It may be nothing... any time an actor is injured in any way it is standard procedure to get them checked out... they must according to insurance policies required for the industry... many times I've heard about actors being rushed to the emergency room or what-have-you for minor burns, cuts or scrapes.. his might turn out to be a bruise... but you can't have a 70 year old days or weeks later complaining of migraines or chest pains and it turns out that minor accident caused a clot to break free from that bruise and cause an aneurism or stroke... imagine the lawsuit.
could be he sprained it, or it just hurt so bad he couldn't walk for the moment.. we've all been there and know how that feels.. so they rush him in to make sure he doesn't have a fracture. hopefully he doesn't.

Yeah, I'm thinking "precautionary" as well. We'll definitely know in the next day or so I'm sure. But, as has been posted elsewhere, he has had accidents before and everything panned out well; he must be made of some fairly resilient material. :) I definitely wish him well. I've never had a broken or even a sprained anything, but I can't imagine anything worse than being laid up for weeks and months with a cast, or worse, have to have pins surgically installed! :facepalm

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back