LOTR Haldirs' elven archer build.

mrbungle

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
me and some friends are building a elven archers from the lord of the rings the two towers for dragon con next year.
we want to look like we have walked off the screen ready for battle.

we are making everything from the bows to the leather work.
the armor will be made of fiberglass that will be cold cast bronze.
the scale mail will be real scale mail. not the painted leather they used in the movie.

we are going to sculpt the buckles so they are cast in brass by loss wax castings.

here is the helmet ready for the transfer mold so we can clean it up and make is nice and smooth.

002-148.jpg

001-133.jpg

003-126.jpg

here is the chest armor ready for the transfer mold.
001-134.jpg

002-149.jpg

003-127.jpg

WOW!!!!!! I love this armour, and it is looking mighty impressive right now! I really really want that helm! :D That chest piece is pretty amazing too!

You did that all just by sculpting? Pretty slick!

thanks, guys.

Jolly. yeah that is just chavant medium NSP clay. it is pretty hard stuff so it keeps detail well. i am going to do transfermolds and make castings out of fiberglass so i can clean up the armor and remold them for the final product.

makes my puny prototype helmet/crown out of paper marche look worse then it is....

but makes me all ready to re-do a better one!

your project looks good!

thanks, guys.

Jolly. yeah that is just chavant medium NSP clay. it is pretty hard stuff so it keeps detail well. i am going to do transfermolds and make castings out of fiberglass so i can clean up the armor and remold them for the final product.

I will be staying tuned for sure! It is such beautiful work so far. I'm familiar with Chavant medium, but what you are doing with it is such a pleasure to watch!

I may have missed it, but what clay are you using?
See above :cool

thanks , guys.

ere are the gauntlets , alittle clean up and ready for transfer molds.

i found away to get true metal like surfaces in resin, so stay tuned and i hope it works.

you paint the surface primer black, lightly sand it, then a gloss black then alclad then a glossy clear coat, it is what they did on the later terminator movies,.

Scalehobbyist.com: Polished Brass by Alclad Paints
006-79.jpg

004-119.jpg

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back