Back to the Future Part 3 - Cowboy Marty "Clint Eastwood" - WIP

Awesome! I love Marty's cowboy outfit - it's so over the top and silly, but somehow that makes it work perfectly. I never realized until I read through this thread just how much detail and effort went into that costume. Your work is gorgeous and I'm so jealous of your skills.

Shirt (concluded)

Back to the Shirt...
I finished up the back atomic shapes, and tried my best to fix up the first one I did with some success.
shirt_036.jpg

Then I started on the pink stripes. At first I thought sewing them wouldn't be that tough, but then once I started I realized it takes a lot longer than I was expecting. You have to make the sew lines really dense, so it takes a while. Since I knew I would run out of time, I ended up only doing the front this way, and using pink puffy paint for the back.
shirt_037.jpg

shirt_038.jpg

Then I started with silver lines and purple dots with puffy paint. As you can see, the silver goes on gray-ish but dries really shiny. This is where it was really starting to come together.
shirt_039.jpg

shirt_040.jpg

Next I attached the sleeves, which was no easy task. I don't know how shirt makers normally attach sleeves, but this part got a little sloppy. I ended up sewing it on any way I could, and then hand stitching the parts that I couldn't reach with the machine.
shirt_041.jpg

The atomic symbols on the sleeve were too small to use the soutache cord, so I went straight to the puffy paint. While doing this, I was reminded why I hate puffy paint. It's so hard to control and get right. But I think it turned out ok after much aggravation.
shirt_042.jpg

Here's how it all looks finished:
shirt_043.jpg

shirt_044.jpg

Next I'll show some photos of me in costume from work.

Last edited:
Conclusion

Here's me hamming it up for the cameras at work and home. I had a lot of fun making this really silly costume for Halloween. Hope you enjoyed the build as much as I enjoyed building it.

Disclaimer 1: I look nothing like Michael J. Fox. :lol

Disclaimer 2: I made that Hoverboard waay back in the days of VHS, so it is pretty inaccurate.

KingsKnight_final_PhotoByMackenzieThompson.jpg

KingsKnight_final_PhotoByBradHerman_sidebyside.jpg

KingsKnight_final_PhotoByShandelWilliams.jpg

KingsKnight_final_PhotoByNayounCharoenchai.jpg

KingsKnight_proof.jpg

"I didn't know the circus was in town"..... Great work on that costume, Maybe not everyone will know who you are at halloween ,but i bet you will be a smash hit at any CON.

Just saw this... this is very impressive work. The final produce is so seamless, you'd think you just sourced all the original gear. Well done!

Incredibly accurate. Awesome work! I believe batmj.com sells the pants and shirt but they don't look nearly as good as this stuff. Can't wait to see finished product.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back