BEST Snape wand replica!!!

hideousboi

hello everyone, this is my first post. nice to meet you. im matt, ive been working in the "toy"/ collectibles industry for 13+ years. im a huge Potter fan. the other day i decided to RE-create snape's wand from the potter franchise.
i started with the same cinnabar bead they used for the handle. after molding it i grafted 2 together t make the handle. as you can see it has a Chinese bat motif. something you cant see in the washed out noble collection versions.
i hope you enjoy!

Welcome to the forum. I'm noone here, but just wanted to say welcome. As for the wand, I know less that nothing about anything HP, but I can recognize good work. Great job.

Cool work, and welcome to the rpf. The members here are very helpful but don't forget to use the search options to find threads and builds that interest you.

:eek: holy crap, I never knew, this is great! Nice work by the way too - It looks better than any of the "licensed" collectibles out there :)

Ooooooooo Want! What did you use for the end cap, the middle spacer and the sleeve connecting the handle and shaft? Did you make the shaft?

I'm totally impressed!:thumbsup both with your detective work in finding that cinnabar bead and the construction of the rest of the wand. It looks great! I'll be ordering some of the beads myself very soon.

Welcome to the RPF, and thanks for sharing.

ATL

Very cool; I too had no idea they used an actual found item for the handle! Lovely piece, looking forward to seeing it all finished

Great build, and great find on the bead! I've just ordered a few for myself, going to have to try to find the time to put one of these together. Excellent stuff!

Thanks again hideousboi for identifying the cinnabar bead. I wouldn't have attempted my latest project if you hadn't!

Snape wand with LED.JPG

It's similar construction to the McGonogall wand I made a while back.

ATL

Attachments

• Snape wand with LED.JPG
    Snape wand with LED.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 156
Last edited:
Is this UK site the only place to get the beads? Any places that ship from the US? It'd be a lot nicer if I could just walk into my local craft store to find these -_-

Pete SSS - Thank you very much! :)

GreyFeathers - Local craft places like Hobby Lobby, Michael's, and JoAnn Fabrics just don't carry such a speciallized bead. If there's a beading shop near where you live, they may be able to special order some for you, but you'll need to be certain that they order the right ones because they probably won't accept returns. Consider just ordering them from Beadworks (London). The postage wasn't all that much and I've about convinced myself that the makers of the original prop probably bought these beads from this same store.:p

ATL

Last edited:
Thanks ATL, I probably will order from the London shop - though I think I'll order extras in case I mess up during construction. Thanks for the pictures! I think I'm going to try to make a lighted one as well. Beyond my skill level at the moment, but I have to learn somehow!

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back