nuBSG Ragnar Anchorage Bomb

bodhicitta7

I've been considering trying to make a replica of the Ragnar Anchorage bomb. The graphics and electronics are no problem, but the cylinder and end cap look to be tough to replicate. Anyone have any info on the parts used to make the screen-used versions? How about measurements? Anyone who has one of the original props willing to divulge the length and diameter/circumference? Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

3207965842_6cbdfcb52e_z.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks d6 - I've probably read that a half dozen times before, but never noticed the size specs, my bad. What would be really helpful to know though is the thickness of the metal. That would narrow down my search criteria. In the meantime, I found this:

5 LB CO2 Cylinder,Aluminum: Amazon.com: Kitchen & Dining

which with some modifications would be a pretty close match. I have no idea about the end caps though. I'm assuming they were custom made?

If they're made out of plastic as the auction description states, I wonder if they might be center caps from one of those kid's cars:

battery-powered-jeep-for-kids-1-718599.jpg

It does say that the "Hero" has metal ends and the other ones including 2 others that where in a separate lot had plastic ends so they may be resin castings off the metal ones.

Thanks everyone. As spec'd by CW, it looks like a 12"x6"x.125" brushed aluminum hollow cylinder with vinyl stripes and lettering. Going by the auction description measurements, that would put the end caps at 2.5" ea, not counting the part recessed in the cylinder. I did a pretty extensive Google image search for the end caps. I tried "center hub", "center wheel cap", "kids car", & "kids jeep" plus several variations of those terms, with no luck finding anything close to the prop. Hopefully someone from the BSG prop department will chime in, or a forum member will stumble across some specs on them. I'll post back if I come up with any more info.

@Conqueror_Worm - Thanks again for the link. That business ended up being less than half a mile from my work, so I stopped by on the way home and picked up the 12" cylinder you linked to. $14 and change out the door.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back