Quint's hat from Jaws

I have a lady on the etsy website who is sourcing material for the Quint hat, using the Heddels hat as a guide. I am going to be her guinea pig once she sources the oilcloth, in a tannish color, or thereabouts. Willing to share pics when the finished product is done.

I'm following this as well, been wanting one of these for a bit now.

I like wearing hats that fit, I don't understand why that original website that made replicas got it so wrong in the very basics of hat making... fit. Pretty funny really.

The material has been sourced and shipped......... just waiting for her to message me back. She can make the hats fitted rather than with a back strap. I would advise ordering one size up, as they are a bit snug. Should know something within the week. also, as an aside, anyone unhappy with the Heddel offering willing to sell?

The material has been sourced and shipped......... just waiting for her to message me back. She can make the hats fitted rather than with a back strap. I would advise ordering one size up, as they are a bit snug. Should know something within the week. also, as an aside, anyone unhappy with the Heddel offering willing to sell?
Has there been any update?

Finally picked up the hat stretcher that sapper recommended and it works pretty well. It's annoying that I had to go this route, but at least the hat no longer cuts off my circulation!

So, I know it's been a while, but I have the finished hat...... well, 3 of them, as we adjusted the look............... Norma at Stockbridge Sewing has it right on, IMO. I believe you can see the hat on the Etsy website, and you can also contact her with specifics. I actually sent her the Heddel hat pics, and that is what she used for her pattern. I have a hard brim, a 6-row sewn soft brim, and a 2-row soft brim. I am happy. I am an old dinosaur, so I couldn't post a pic if you held a gun to my head, but I can say Norma will fix you up.

Thanks for the link, coozco. At $50 bucks, it's a bargain compared to the Heddels. That said, I don't think I'll be getting a new one after all; what I have will suffice if I do a Quint costume some day. The hat fits "good enough."

The Heddels is now sold out, so maybe the Etsy one will be a fine substitute for those still seeking a Quint cap.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back