Game of Thrones

Snake126

Have any of you ever thought about making a Game of Thrones Night's Watch costume? I have been thinking about it lately, and was wondering if anyone has done anything like it.

In a more general sense, I'm trying to suss out how the capes work. It seems everybody has this crisscross thing going on, which is cool, but it looks like they would buckle in the back, which would be highly impractical to put on without help.

Has anybody ever done a cape in this style?

Not making the night's watch outfit, but I am 2/3 done with a full Theon Greyjoy Ironborn set. Don't the nights watch just die everything black that the person has? So, technically couldn't you make them however you wish?

Rue

Not making the night's watch outfit, but I am 2/3 done with a full Theon Greyjoy Ironborn set. Don't the nights watch just die everything black that the person has? So, technically couldn't you make them however you wish?

Rue

One video I saw claimed they dyed your clothing black, but in the books they did keep a certain amount of clothing like gloves and cloaks available. All black.

In a more general sense, I'm trying to suss out how the capes work. It seems everybody has this crisscross thing going on, which is cool, but it looks like they would buckle in the back, which would be highly impractical to put on without help.

Has anybody ever done a cape in this style?

I am working on a Night's Watch costume and I think I have figured out the cape. I made the cape out of just a rectangle of fabric 5 yards long with a top pocket sewn in the top, much like the pocket you thread a curtain rod through. The belt just threads through the pocket and you will have to buckle in the back. I'm playing with the idea of using snaps in the back. I think they might be a bit easier than having to buckle something behind your back. I have not had a chance to test this out however.

I am working on a Night's Watch costume and I think I have figured out the cape. I made the cape out of just a rectangle of fabric 5 yards long with a top pocket sewn in the top, much like the pocket you thread a curtain rod through. The belt just threads through the pocket and you will have to buckle in the back. I'm playing with the idea of using snaps in the back. I think they might be a bit easier than having to buckle something behind your back. I have not had a chance to test this out however.

I've since found a couple of tutorials showing what I suspected... it's a belt. When I searched for "Game of Thrones Cape" I got nothing, but when I changed it to cloak, I got a few hits.

This is the best tutuorial I've found so far, and it's hard to argue with his results.
Game of Thrones style cloak (tutorial)

To put it on, once you get it fitted right, just leave it buckled. All you should have to do it pull it around your chest (cloak in front, buckle in back), flip the cloak to create the "X", then toss it over your head.

Should save you the hassle of having to buckle it every time.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back