Brother Where Art thou...Hair Product?

TazVader

Sr Member
Hey folks :p I know there was some one selling these a while...a long while ago so it seems. Does anyone know where to get a tin of Dapper Dan made ect? Or a transfer to put on a tin? I dunno. How were these made originally? Anyone?

Regards
TAZ

PS I guess I should have put this in the junkyard but I was actually interested in seeing if someone with the knowhow would like to share the setup costs to do a run...ect.... :angel

I made this up after first seeing the movie. Found the image on the film site, I think. It's not a very sharp image, and the can's scrap cardboard, but it's been sitting on the shelf in my office for quite a while. The "hair jelly" is some polyethylene foam packaging.

Gopher, Everett?

dapcan1.jpg

dapcan2.jpg

David

Oh, and by the way, imagine Dumbledore declaring, " Harry Potter...I thought...you was...a toad", or maybe Darth Vader, " You weren't on any mercy mission...I thought...you was...a toad" Don't know why, but it seems to work almost everywhere. :rolleyes

Well, ain't this just a geographical oddity, 2 weeks from everywhere!
I'll take the FOP damnit and give me 2 dozon hairnets!:lol

When you do find a source, let us know please?

Still nothing doing here. Indy Magnoli did say he'd looked into it but hasn't found a worthwhile way to do it yet. I suppose any run would have to be so massive as most tin makers do them in runs in the thousands.....

Ideas anyone? There were a few screen used one floating around at one stage. Anyone got one?

Regards
TAZ

oh, you mean this? :)

dapper_dan_can.jpg

I got this from another board member when he did a run of them. I cannot for the life of me remember who it was though. All i do know is that I have had about 20 strangers offer to buy it from me after seeing it on my website.

I guess that just shows what a cult following the film has LOL

KaPow did a run? Maybe we can convince him to do another....I am sure there would be enough interest (I hope) KAPOW!!!!!!! Where are you mate!

Regards
TAZ

I'd buy one if a new run ever happened. I'd be sorely tempted to actually put pomade in it and make it practical!

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back