At Last. A Truly Accurate First Blood Knife!

Hello all,

On my new tablet now, so not sure how everything works yet. But anyway, I got my brand new Martin MCE II knife in a few days ago. Guys, I`ve just never seen anything more beautiful. Plus I got many upgrades without even knowing.

I had ordered the base model that has 440C steel blade. I wanted the S35VN steel blade but it was an additional $80. I couldnt really afford that so I just opted for the base model on all.

Well, when I got my knife, I saw where Newt Martin, who makes the MCE II, had given me every upgrade at no extra charge. Aside from the S35VN blade and guard free upgrade, Newt also upgraded the guard to the lugged guard with the octagon dropdowns on each end. I also got the endcap upgraded to the skull crusher endcap, and at no extra charge.

Guys, I tell ya...That Newt Martin was such a real pleasure to deal with. Truly one of the Best knife makers on the Planet. Plus, he called me Personally as soon as my knife was completed. And he told me that he just sent the Balance Invoice to my email. I paid the balance in full immediately, and that great knife maker shipped my new knife and Steve Shephard handmade sheath right out to me.

And not only that, but he also even upgraded the Shipping to 2-Day Delivery. Totally Awesome!!!

Will post pics soon as I can learn how to post em via tablet.

Next up, is my Ray Matton hsndmade First Blood Tribute Knife. I have seen Ray's incredible work. I even have a handmade FB knife that was made in 2002 by Ray's knife making teacher and mentor, a Mr. Bill Schiller, a 40 plus year knife making and knife maker veteran and teacher!!!

Yes sir!!! I have really been blessed lately with getting these high end handmsde knives!! And on top of my new Martin MCE II knife and my brand new Matton Edge FB knife thst's being made for me right now, I also have two incredible beast of knives coming from new-but-incredible knife maker, Sam Wilson.

If you don't know that name yet, you will surely know it well, and soon too. Because Sam is fast becoming an awesome knife maker in a short time too. And he proves it in his knife test videos that you can see on Youtube and on knife forums all over the internet. Check him out when you have time. My knife pics coming very soon! Thanks for reading my lengthy post. I haven't been here in awhile!!!

As promised, here are pics of my brand new handmade Martin Knives' MCE II knife, made by Newt Martin and sheath handmade, handsewn by Steve Shephard!

Attachments

• Pic 1 Of My Brand New Handmade Martin Knives' MCE II Knife Made By Newt Martin Sheath Handmade B.jpg
    Pic 1 Of My Brand New Handmade Martin Knives' MCE II Knife Made By Newt Martin Sheath Handmade B.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 1,407
  • Pic 2 Of My Brand New Handmade Martin Knives' MCE II Knife Made By Newt Martin Sheath Handmade B.jpg
    Pic 2 Of My Brand New Handmade Martin Knives' MCE II Knife Made By Newt Martin Sheath Handmade B.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 1,155
  • Pic 3 Of My Brand New Handmade Martin Knives' MCE II Knife Made By Newt Martin Sheath Handmade B.jpg
    Pic 3 Of My Brand New Handmade Martin Knives' MCE II Knife Made By Newt Martin Sheath Handmade B.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 696
As promised, here are pics of my brand new handmade Martin Knives' MCE II knife, made by Newt Martin and sheath handmade, handsewn by Steve Shephard!

Beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's got a great combo of First Blood design along with traits from my second favorite Lile knife behind the Mission, the Sly II.

Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By the time First Blood: Part II came out, a gas station in my home town had the cheapest knockoffs of that knife; dubbed "Survival Knives". My house had a few of them! I'd love to upgrade to a piece as accurate as this one!

Hello,

Thanks man. Yeah, that is just what I thought too. Anyway, listen to this one. That darn Newt Martin is just plain AWESOME and he gave me excellent customer service. I ordered the base model originally, which gave me a MCE II with a 440C blade, round non-octagon drop down guard, and flat endcap, no skull crusher. Ohh believe me, I wanted the upgraded S35VN SS blade and the lugged guard with octagon drop down ends, and the skull crusher type cap. However, I didn't really have the money to pay the $85 extra for the blade steel upgrade.

Nor did I have it to cover the other two upgrades. I believe the guard upgrade was another $50 and the skull crusher another $30 but can't remember their exact prices. Well, my birthday was on January 14, 2014. Newt even tried his best, and did succeed in a way, to have my knife made and to me by my Birthday. While it arrived just two days after my birthday, it still arrived in time for the actual party.

My wife wrapped it up and gave it to me in front of quite a few guests...I would say we had about 40 people that came. When I received the knife, I was stunned and puzled when I saw the lugged guard and the skull crusher endcap, which I did Not opt for due to low funds. And I was Extremely shocked when I looked on the blade near the maker mark and saw the word S35VN/ I contacted Newt by phone and asked him about the steel difference and everything else/

Newt told me that he had decided to give me the upgrades free of charge for my birthday. Then he wished me Happy Birthday. I was like What?? Here a total stranger knife maker is, who never even ever met me or did any business with me, and yet he is gicing me about $170 worth of knife upgrades for nothing!! I tell you, I actually got a bit choked up. I am really sentimental, and things like this really mean a Lot to me. Now what I have is just about the best damned handmade survival knife there is.

And soon I will have my Ray Matton handmade First Blood Tribute knife, made with D2 steel blade and guard. I just love Ray Matton's work. Ray did me a Huge favor last year when he sold me a handmade First Blood style knife that his knifemaking mentor had made. Man is it made good now. And I don't care if I have the closest First Blood knife to the movie one or not. I go for quality and quality accuracy. Now I am not taking anything at all away from Andy Wood or any other First Blood style knife maker. In my opinion, any if then that can handmake such a detailed knife is just freaking Awesome!! But just that Ray happens to be my personal chosen one to make this awesome knife for me.

And when compared to the way overpriced Vaughn Neely FB knives and the Next Generation FB nives, which I heard Neely makes as well, Ray Matton's prices are just plain awesome and way more practical than those. But that is just my personal opinion, I am sure there are people here who have different opinions. But in the end, at the end of the day as someone said, does it really make a freaking difference who makes the most accurate First Blood knife? Of course not. The Only way Anyone will have an accurate movie First Blood knife is that if they just shell out the big bucks and buy a pre-dot Lile FB knife.

Last thing, here is news that many of you might Not know. That is that the First Blood knife in the movie is Not the Original first chosen one. The actual knife that was supposed to be in the movie was the Jimmy Lile Sly II survival knife. Rumor has it that Sly still didn't think the knife looked brutal enough. Hence the First Blood knife that we know of today was born...the one with the screwdriver tipped guard. Well, didn't mean to type as much. Sorry for that. I am ending here...Have an awesome day And thanks for your reply and for reading!!

Beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's got a great combo of First Blood design along with traits from my second favorite Lile knife behind the Mission, the Sly II.

Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here are pics of my Brand New Handmade Ray Matton First Blood Knife I received today, 02-27-2014. Blade and guard is made with D2 steel. Handle is either 304 or 316 Stainless Steel. Endcap is 6061 hardened aluminum!! Ohhh Yeah!!!

- - - Updated - - -

20140215_145147.jpg20140215_145231.jpg20140216_145821.jpg20140216_145625.jpgHere are pics of my Brand New Handmade Ray Matton First Blood Knife I received today, 02-27-2014. Blade and guard is made with D2 steel. Handle is either 304 or 316 Stainless Steel. Endcap is 6061 hardened aluminum!! Ohhh Yeah!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry about the double posting above. Just have to get used to the new RPF Layout!

Attachments

• 20140215_145231.jpg
    20140215_145231.jpg
    189.9 KB · Views: 681
  • 20140216_145821.jpg
    20140216_145821.jpg
    177.4 KB · Views: 1,195
  • 20140216_145625.jpg
    20140216_145625.jpg
    190.3 KB · Views: 1,277
Hello again guys!! I felt the need to point out tht the pics of my Ray Matton Handmade First Blood knife are actualy the final pics of my WIP knife which Ray emailed to me, along with many pics all throughout my knife build.

Anyway, everything was made and blade stamped and sharpened by Ray in the pics. However, the knife was just put together temporarily for the final pics and my approval. The knife was permanently assembled together right after the pics were taken. That's why you see the cord wrapping ends on the handle protruding out. The cord was temp wrapped on the handle for those pics to be taken. LOL I received the perm assembled knife with super tight and straight cord wrapped handle. No protruding cord ends, LOL.

Someone on another forum had pointed out to me the cord ends were showing and making it look poorly wrapped. I straightened that out Immediately with same type comment I am leaving here. Not sure why the person would even point that out and thinking Ray sent my knife like that. Anyone and Everyone that knows Ray's work and his excellent attention to detail, would know right away that those pics were WIP pics aka Work In Progress Pics. But I did want to come here and point it out as well to prevent any false negative rumors from forming!! Thanks for the compliments!!

Hello again guys!! I felt the need to point out tht the pics of my Ray Matton Handmade First Blood knife are actualy the final pics of my WIP knife which Ray emailed to me, along with many pics all throughout my knife build.

Anyway, everything was made and blade stamped and sharpened by Ray in the pics. However, the knife was just put together temporarily for the final pics and my approval. The knife was permanently assembled together right after the pics were taken. That's why you see the cord wrapping ends on the handle protruding out. The cord was temp wrapped on the handle for those pics to be taken. LOL I received the perm assembled knife with super tight and straight cord wrapped handle. No protruding cord ends, LOL.

Someone on another forum had pointed out to me the cord ends were showing and making it look poorly wrapped. I straightened that out Immediately with same type comment I am leaving here. Not sure why the person would even point that out and thinking Ray sent my knife like that. Anyone and Everyone that knows Ray's work and his excellent attention to detail, would know right away that those pics were WIP pics aka Work In Progress Pics. But I did want to come here and point it out as well to prevent any false negative rumors from forming!! Thanks for the compliments!!

I had a FB knife made by Ray a few years back, and I couldnt fault it either. :)

I will Never Ever sell my Ray Matton Handmade First Blood knife!! Ray said that mine was quite possibly the Last one he will ever make or at least make in a vry long time. He said that mine would be the Creme Da La Crem, aka Cream Of The Crop. Ray said this before he even started on it.

When he was finished, I could see tht he really keot his word. His past ones are just fantastic looking ones as well. Ive viewed abd compare his past ones to mine and I'd go with mine any day!! This amazing knife is just totally flawless. Ive not found a flaw yet. One thing he did for me was just before permanent assembly and then shipping, was tht he put the most Perfect hair shaving edge on my D2 steel blade FB knife.

Ray's incredible knife making work goes above and beyond high quality. He supercedes that and customer service by very high margins. Ive said before and will say it again, Ray Matton's customer service is by far the absolute best CS I have ever experienced. He nade the whole entire process of my knife build fun, pleassnt, and the most exciting buy I have ever encountered.

Ohh, and get this... for my Matton Edge, Ive done been offered Over half more of what I paid for it. But it didn"t even flinch me toward selling it!! I was actually offered the amount today. It was the 3rd offer I had since receiving the knife that I've received. The offer was $2,350. I looked at the guy and seriously said, "Not Happenin'!!!! Carry On!!" LOL. Thanks for reading

Well I just went to his site and he has posted quite a few e-mails concerning the BF posts which seems to vindicate him .

He is also knocking Andy woods FB Knife stating it is not accurate.

Good to see that this hobby is not the only one which has endless bickering amongst it's members! :lol

Yeah, not too long ago I read that, then saw it in a few other places.

Too bad, good looking knives.

Thanks for the heads up.

The Andy Wood First Blood knife looks amazing, really nice, the next best thing to owning an actual Lile knife, perhaps better because you won't be afraid to use it. I may have to add my name into the Andy Wood owners circle here soon.

As for Britt and Black Starr, I can only speak for myself but my dealings with him have been %100 positive and his First Blood knife, for the price range he is making for, is an outstanding functional tool in my experience, granted that's been a few years ago.

Hello guys,

Well I have said it before and will say it over and over: My handmade Bill Schiller First Blood knife and my brand new handmade Ray Matton First Blood knife are, in my opinion, the very best, highest quality made First Blood knives ever! Just absolutely Awesome!!

And Nothing...I mean NOTHING...beats my superior handmade Andrew Clifford Sly II style knives as far FB as other Sly II knives made. I will even go so far as to say that my #1 ACK Sly II style knife is the best made knife there is. The blade on that rugged beast gets sharper abd stays sharp longer than any other knife I have ever owned!!

Andy makes 3 different styles of his Sly II type knives: First one, while a bit different than the Lile original Sly II, still is made moreIin style with Lile's original. The 2nd one is Andy's own creation which he designed to fit my request for a knife to be made in memory if my baby brother J6stin, who died in 2012. It has the Sly II style blade and the Rabdall Knives style finger groove micarta handle. Full tang makes this one a true blue quality knife.

The 3rd and final one in Andy's Sly II style knife series is one that I call a Sly II knife on steroids!! It has I Back Dura Coated heavier blade. The hollow handle is made with a thick knurled high carbon steel. The endcap is also a high carbon steel, tempered and hardened. Folks, if you saw and held this hefty knife, you would agree with me about it being a Sly II style knife on steroids!!

And there they are.,, just a small amount of the hardcore habdmade knives that I own. I own quite a few more but I wouldsay these are the cream of the crop!!! Thanks for reading!!!

It's a little late but I FINALLY DID IT!!! I FINALLY GOT MY HANDMADE GIL HIBBEN RAMBO 3 KNIFE AKA R3!! I COULD NOT BE HAPPIER AS THIS WAS A LONGTIME DREAM COME TRUE FOR ME!!

AND THEN, JUST WHEN I THOUGHT THINGS COULD NOT GET ANY BETTER, ANOTHER DREAM CAME TRUE FOR ME...ONLY TRIPLED!!!

I ALSO FINALLY, AFTER MANY YEARS OF WANT AND DESIRE, I FINALLY GOT MY HANDMADE RAMBO MISSION KNIFE MADE MY INCREDIBLE ANDY WOOD!! OHHH IT'S BEAUTIFUL TOO!! I ALSO GOT THE ANDY WOOD HANDMADE FIRST BLOOD KNIFE AS WELL. I ALREADY HAVE TWO OF THOSE BABIES...

ONE WAS MADE BY THE RECENTLY DECEASED INCREDIBLE CANADIAN KNIFEMAKER BILL SCHILLER (MAY HE REST IN PEACE!!), WHICH IS A VERY RARE ONE-ONLY BY HIM. I ALSO BOUGHT MY STUNNING IMMACULATE AND NOW-RARE RAY MATTON HANDMADE FIRST BLOOD KNIFE!

I SAY RARE BECAUSE RAY NO LONGER MAKES KNIVES. MY FIRST BLOOD KNIFE WAS THE VERY LAST ONE HE WILL MOST LIKELY EVER MAKE. AND HE MADE IT AS A FAVOR TO ME TOO!

AND LAST BUT SURELY NOT LEAST, I GOT AN EXTREMELY RARE HANDMADE FIRST BLOOD/ RAMBO MISSION STYLE KNIFE MADE BY GERMAN MASTER KNIFEMAKER WOLF BORGER! WOLF SADLY, IS NO LONGER LIVING EITHER!

ANYWAY, GUESS WHAT FOLKS? I JUST HAVE 1 MORE KNIFE TO GET AND I WILL HAVE THE BEST MADE NON-LILE FIRST BLOOD KNIVES EVERMADE...ONE MORE HANDMADE RAMBO MISSION KNIFE TOO, AND I'LL HAVE BEST OF THE BEST OF THAT KNIFE AS WELL!! THESE ARE THE ONES MADE BY VAUGHN NEELEY!!

I ALSO HAVE ACQUIRED 2 TIMBERLINE HANDMADE SURVIVAL KNIVES FROM THE 1980'S BUT IN MINT CONDITION...A HANDMADE BILL SANDERS SPECIAL CUSTOM ORDERED SA3 SURVIVAL KNIFE WITH A 9" BLADE AND THAT AWESOME ONE MADE BY VAUGHN NEELEY...A HANDMADE TIMBERLINE SA9 9" BLADE!!

AND THERE IT IS!! OHH YEAH, I'VE ACQUIRED QUITE A FEW MORE HIGH QUALITY HANDMADE KNIVES THAN THESE!! BUT EVERYONE OF THESE KNIVES ARE WHAT I CALL MY DREAM KNIVES COLLECTION!!

THANKS FOR READING!!! PICS COMING SOON...SOON AS I GET THROUGH THIS KIDNEYSTONE THAT I HAVE, LOL!!!

BUT I THANK YE FER-A READIN'!!!!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back