Valley Forge Close-up panel build FINISHED :-)

Re: Valley Forge kit IDing

Returning to this for a bit I scaled out the panel as seen on the side of the ship to be about 40.4" by 26.4" Although that's adding a little on the bottom to not cut the octagonal pieces.

8638578135_6ce8913ed1_c.jpg

Anyone out there have a 1/15th Bandai Pazer 4 they would be willing to let a few pieces be cast from? The original used atleast 32 of them :)

Ahhh thanks Jim! I thought it used both. There's one of each of the needed 1/30th kits on ebay right now, hopefully I can get them :)

But the larger scale PzIV parts will come in handy for the full Valley Forge when you get around to that...... :p

Gene

So it looks like I need this one:
BANDAI PANZERKAMPFWAGEN IV-G in 1/30
2010048_130314153029_DSCF0018.JPG

Well I'm now the proud owner of the 3 different Panzer IV Bandai 1/30th kits. Once they arrive we'll see how far they get me. If anyone, *cough* Gene, knows of any other kits used, please let me know.

Massive thanks for the help so far!

L

Last edited:

Yesterday I added 2 stills from the movie to my montage, scaled it as best I could to one kit part I had a photo of and then printed it out.
8709305200_e3c06e6ddd_b.jpg

It'll be a big piece but not out of the question.

I do still think I'm going to need a 1/15th Bandai kit, or I'll grow a scaled up 1/30th piece. But I'll hold off until the kits arrive.

The first of three different 1/30th Bandai kits arrived. Even though I knew that they used a very small number of different kits, it's still crazy when you see that one kit provides maybe half the pieces used, all be it that I need 32 of them! And it seems that the 1/15th wasn't used on this piece, unless it's a smaller piece.

8721592341_bb3960d9f5_c.jpg

Hi Lee,
It was great to meet with you at Wonderfest....missed you in the bar Sunday. Thankx also for the patches.

I have some more data for you on this project. The lettering below the "Southeast Sub tropical '
reads "BAHI - HONDA" and below that "VALLEY FORGE SECTION 343" ...I think its "343"
See pics attached.
Stay in touch...
Tony
VF REF2.jpg VF REF Labels.jpg

Thanks Tony!
I just received the other two Bandai kits so I now have most of the parts needed.
That said there's a few holes still.

Anyone have a 1/15th Bandai Panzer they could take pics of ?

L

Thanks James.

I can 99.9% confirm the Bandai 1/15th Sturmeschutz/Assault Gun 4 is used. Anyone have one?

Hay Lee,
I was just thinking...
Its a cheat but what about finding the kits in another scale and (3D) scanning them and printing the parts .I have access to a scanner.
Also send me a complete list of what your looking for and ill try my sources .
Tonzye@hotmail.com
T

Yeh I'm looking at the 3D print option too. So far it's only 2 pieces I've found from the big kit.
L

Hi Lee,
Got you a source on all the parts you'll need in all scales.Ill PM you the details.
T

It looks like all of the kit pieces are locked down, it's amazingly simple really once you have the 4 kits used (I only have the 1/30th Bandai kits in hand) The 4th is the Bandai 1/15th Sturmeschutz

But there's 2 pieces I'm missing, FIrst a piece that looks similar to a piece from the 1/15th kit, but I don't think it is. Kinda looks like a Saturn V Engines too?
8908238650_985ae47c22_o.png

And the second is used around the main window, it's small but starts really close to camera so I'd like to find the right piece.
8908263092_0863f73891_b.jpg

I'm probably staring at the pieces and just not seeing them :)

Hi Lee,
I have the 1/15 Stug. Simon (Jedimaster) has my kit at the moment. Perhaps castings would be sufficient?
Cheers, JT

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back