1:1 Millennium Falcon Cockpit Replica - Group Build

Actually, the more I look at it, the more it looks like some sort of bearing or clutch housing. Possibly some sort of bracket with a pillow block bearing or clutch attached to each end. Then the wire terminals, or whatever they are, were attached to it's perimeter after the fact. Here's what the part might look like without the terminals surrounding it.

View attachment 453886

And the round flange things at each end might be part of a clutch or bearing?
View attachment 453887

Looks like I have a new greeblie to design! ;)

Hi Gang,

So... remember that box of greeblies? There's even more coming...

20150415_192931_zpssfh4hiyk.jpg

20150415_220109_zpskcqbqywd.jpg

20150415_220118_zpsxggumdwe.jpg

Most of these greeblies are for one panel...
20150415_184355_zpsgmecd4dd.jpg

20150415_184405_zpsp4cjdxsf.jpg

New cassette style greeblie
20150415_184424_zpsbmfxhg3h.jpg

This greeblie has always baffled me. It looks like a clipper guard for hair clippers. They were everywhere...
20150415_184506_zpszx3pjjov.jpg

20150415_184546_zpsskjrffff.jpg

Love this pic!
20150415_184608_zpsucv62oka.jpg

Random greeblie plates
20150415_184635_zpstbi6hlan.jpg

20150415_184817_zpstxwhhnua.jpg

Love this one too - have NO idea what it is
20150415_184858_zpsbi4fhjwb.jpg

This one sits up near the "radar" screen. It appeared to have a "holo-projector/swivel vent" attached to the round circle. Jessie designed a 3D model we're printing
20150415_184938_zpsod58b5qm.jpg

More work on the armrest greeblie - this one is going to be tough because of its location
20150415_185141_zpsfne7ekdd.jpg

20150415_185152_zpsa22sxioo.jpg

The original idea was a simple wood shape
20150415_185441_zpsalutypum.jpg

The famous door greeblie - this one was really difficult to design - limited images but figuring out the different layers wasn't easy
20150415_185820_zpsybe8plus.jpg

LOVE IT!
20150415_185937_zpsnejmzgds.jpg

20150415_185942_zpsawh7ic87.jpg

20150415_185948_zpsvjlu5rd3.jpg

Another
20150415_190213_zpsb85a2nsh.jpg

This greeblie attaches to another panel
20150415_190401_zpsgxtwofea.jpg

Here is the basic layout - still need to prepped and painted of course
20150415_191324_zpsykxepoam.jpg

20150415_191340_zpsqfktgm9y.jpg

20150415_191411_zpsv4hx8apd.jpg

This greeblie has kicked my butt - not sure why! UGH
20150415_191433_zps1dhxkbgr.jpg

Sorry about the flash. Once we paint them they look right at home
20150415_191448_zps7z1uzcaw.jpg

One of the 2 panel greeblies for the lower back panels
20150415_192010_zpsddd1rjo0.jpg

Jessie is off to the lab to cut even more so stay tuned!

Greeblie Madness! That is awesome!

That multi-layer door greeblie looks like the interior dash AC/heating filter for a vehicle. I wonder if Volvo's had a AC filter?

Looks like I have a new greeblie to design! ;)

Another shot in the dark: The T-shaped bracket also kind of reminds me of some sort of mortise latch. Similar to the one below, but turned around so we're seeing the back side of it, with the spring-loaded latch facing away.
Comp2.jpg

Nope... I'm magic.

That's true. Her twin has no powers at all... kinda sad. ;)

- - - Updated - - -

Greeblie Madness! That is awesome!

That multi-layer door greeblie looks like the interior dash AC/heating filter for a vehicle. I wonder if Volvo's had a AC filter?

Hi Psi,

Thanks so much! Lots of design work but the real credit goes to J for the cutting! The actual part still remains a mystery. We think it might be a headlamp housing - to what we're not sure.

- - - Updated - - -

Another shot in the dark: The T-shaped bracket also kind of reminds me of some sort of mortise latch. Similar to the one below, but turned around so we're seeing the back side of it, with the spring-loaded latch facing away.
View attachment 465137

WHOA! Good find... Tough to know exactly... the original designers used vitually everything and anything.

YUP! Notice the new greeblie just to the right of JJA. It appears to be some kind of clear container?

SWEET! :) I am so happy right now.

I think it's some sort of new display that show images in the glass, as opposed to being projected off the glass.

The greeblie that was there is ESB and RotJ (which I happen to be working on right now) always reminded me a bulky ammo clip. The EpVII greeblie is very similar to a "sight glass flow indicator". So if we were to keep consistent with all the "special modifications" Han did to the MF and any mods in the last 30 years... I can only assume that this new part/greeblie would enhance performance. Just my opinion. :)

http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=147319&page=246&p=3589880&viewfull=1#post3589880

I'm looking the net to see if i can find anything similar.

- - - Updated - - -

Think I breathed more Star Wars than air in the last 2 hours. And then there's a greeblie update! Great work on them!!

LOL you too, huh? The trailer was amazing! I'm so happy.

Yup! The event kick-off went better than I had hoped and then the trailer kicked in. Whooah!! Chewie and Solo did look rather at home there.

Yup! The event kick-off went better than I had hoped and then the trailer kicked in. Whooah!! Chewie and Solo did look rather at home there.

I was so glad they streamed the trailer. I enjoyed the opening of the event. Wish we could have been there! I have no doubt the audience went NUTS!

There is mass speculation to what's going on with Han and Chewie. My guess is that they have been looking for the MF and finally found her. I think they also stumble across Rey and Finn inside hence the drawn weapons. Not a spoiler - just an opinion.

Hi Gang,

I just got an email from Starkiller with this YouTube video of the Force for Change winner - DC Barns. Congrats to Mr Barns! In the video are detailed images/video of the Falcon! Check it out!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVUAFMVwYm0

I've also posted some of the highlights!

05_zpsuhbroedx.jpg

04_zpsf4xq0ib8.jpg

01_zpsoaqmagkr.jpg

02_zpsxz7wfjnz.jpg

Note the glow of the new armrest greeblie
06_zpsafj57jj2.jpg

03_zpsvaeq2po4.jpg

That must have been an amazing experience! And with that said... WHAT AN AMAZING DAY! :)

Last edited:
I can't remember whether this was mentioned before, but is it a SketchUp model that you're using for reference and measurements? And if so, did you have to purchase the model or was it free? Nice work, by the way! Do you reckon you'll have the cockpit done in time for the new movie?

I can't remember whether this was mentioned before, but is it a SketchUp model that you're using for reference and measurements? And if so, did you have to purchase the model or was it free? Nice work, by the way! Do you reckon you'll have the cockpit done in time for the new movie?

Hi 14thDr,

Thanks for the kind words! :)

I'm working very closely with Steve Starkiller who is also part of the FullScaleFalcon project. He created a 1:1 scale replica of the entire MF in SketchUp. Starkiller has worked for years on his model ensuring not only screen accuracy but he has taken the time to solve all the little mysteries between the interior and exterior full scale / on-screen props and sets. It's an amazing piece of work. You can actually photolay any image or screen grab of the ship and everything will align perfectly with his model! So... those are the plans I want to work from!

I'm really hoping to be further along these next few months but life gets in the way and def slows us down at times. But we are always moving forward. I can't and won't make any promises... but we can def keep our fingers crossed for that deadline!

Hi 14thDr,

Thanks for the kind words! :)

I'm working very closely with Steve Starkiller who is also part of the FullScaleFalcon project. He created a 1:1 scale replica of the entire MF in SketchUp. Starkiller has worked for years on his model ensuring not only screen accuracy but he has taken the time to solve all the little mysteries between the interior and exterior full scale / on-screen props and sets. It's an amazing piece of work. You can actually photolay any image or screen grab of the ship and everything will align perfectly with his model! So... those are the plans I want to work from!

I'm really hoping to be further along these next few months but life gets in the way and def slows us down at times. But we are always moving forward. I can't and won't make any promises... but we can def keep our fingers crossed for that deadline!
Good to know. :) I'll be watching this thread with great interest.
Did the Falcon ever have shields? I may just be having a mental block on the issue.
I'm not sure. I looked on the Star Wars Wikia pages for both the Millennium Falcon and the YT-1300 Corellian Light Freighter, but I don't think there wasn't any mention of shield generators on either article.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back