1:1 Millennium Falcon Cockpit Replica - Group Build

Re: 1:1 Millennium Falcon Console Replica

:eek That is incredible looking! :cheers You are a MACHINE! :cool

Thank you, my friend! It's been fun getting back into things... and no rain! :)

I am continually amazed at th' skill and creativity of th' members of this forum this is one of th' most legendary builds I have seen great job Greg, keep up th' great work :p:thumbup:

Always, thank you for the very kind words. You are correct, the folks on this forum are simply amazing!

Very cool! Now here's the million dollar question... What does it sound like when you walk on it? Like hollow wooden floor?

Thanks! Because the floor in uneven and on casters there is a little wooden sound to it but not as bad as I had anticipated. I'm thinking when the casters are removed, foam pads and a flat surface under the frame would solve most of the "wood" sound.

i love the idea that the Millennium Falcon comes with a "warranty and installation instructions" (as seen on the outside of the panels :D

LOL! :)

Nice! Make sure one of them starts the engine, one makes the jump to hyperspace, and one turns on the radio.

And the "one" that holds it together! :)

Those switches are beautiful Greg, keep up th' great work. :p
Sent from my SGH-T989 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

Thanks! I still have just a "few" more to go... :) OH, and note to self... don't put after shave on your hands "after" you've popped a few blisters...

be honest: how much time did you lose, after you installed all those switches, "cutting the sub-light engines"?
every time I say keep up the good work, you do it. So I'll say it again. Keep up the good work, man!

LOL! Dang it... it's like you know me... I have to admit, I did do that a few times when all the panels were together... Felt pretty good. :)

I'm doing my best to make this come to life. I say it all the time, but it's true... this never would have happened without you! :)

To all the men and women who have served this country and to those who have paid the ultimate sacrifice... I offer all my thanks and you have my utmost respect and admiration. I thank you all.

Thanks! Because the floor in uneven and on casters there is a little wooden sound to it but not as bad as I had anticipated. I'm thinking when the casters are removed, foam pads and a flat surface under the frame would solve most of the "wood" sound.

Awesome!

If it still sounds hollow try using some of the hard insulation foam to fill the void. Should get rid of the sound. :)

Fantastic! The platforms look great and solid. Big step forward there. Dem switches... :cool

About the floor of the real set of the ship... Anyone know anything about the slotted floor grate panels used throughout the rest of the ship as seen in the movies, if they are available somewhere, or were custom made?

Use the search function with "alien floor tiles" and learn about cargo paletes no longer available in this form.

Thanks! Looks like the original is no longer available (unless replicated). Cryin' shame, but something "kind of", "sort of" similar still seems to be available... http://www.therpf.com/f9/aliens-floor-tile-150618/ If Lucasfilm ends up remaking the Falcon interior for "Episode 7", I wonder which route they will go.

Last edited:

Awesome!

If it still sounds hollow try using some of the hard insulation foam to fill the void. Should get rid of the sound. :)

I thought the exact same thing. I was also looking at foam as a sound deadener and amybe adding some thin padding on the frame edges that actuall make contact with the ground. :)

- - - Updated - - -

Fantastic! The platforms look great and solid. Big step forward there. Dem switches... :cool

Thank you, Sir! They are solid. I do need to add a few more supports on the console platform. But we're definately getting there... :)

- - - Updated - - -

So... where are you going to keep this when you're done? :p

You know... I have no idea! ;) I think Chris Lee is going to take possession once it's finished...

Not sure if this is connected to the console build, but regarding the flooring used throughout the ship. As has been mentioned the exact type of shipping pallet is not manufactured now. There is a similar pallet available, EURO 1200x800 CPP 850 type of pallet. listed below is a list of vendors.

bekuplast, HP 01114/1

dynawest, DW1208FT4, 1200 x 800 Euro Size Plastic Pallets | Heavy Duty & Lightweight Plastic Pallets

plastics2go, P2G850, Plastic Pallets » Euro 1200x800 - Plastic2go

CABKA, CPP 850, http://www.cabka.com/cms/fileadmin/media/cpp/pdf/eu/CPP-850_plastic-pallet.pdf (includes a blueprint with dimensions)

Whirlowdale, CPP 850, Plastic Pallets European Sizes

USA distributer:
PAK-EDGE, CPP 850,Euro Pallet Plastic CPP 850 PE - Medium Duty Plastic Pallet Products by Pak-Edge Innovations - Suppliers of Thermoformed Plastic Pallets, Custom Packaging and Structural Foam Manufacturing., 1-888-572-5334

The Whirlodale CPP 888 and 850 are pretty close! :) Even though they are plastic, adhering metal strips both directly under the pallet and the base it rests on should achieve the same metal "clanking" sound when walked over? Maybe?

Maybe a thicker (1/4") bar stock under each corner, resting on the same? The thicker stock would resonate 'heavier' maybe, and if one corner was shimmed just a little out of level (<1/8") it would encourage the panels to shift (and clang). That engineering would drive my OCD brain nuts though, fudging an absolutely happy level panel 'for the sake of the clang'. :lol

Hi Gang,

Another panel all dressed with switches!
20130531_051750_zps04f6828f.jpg

20130531_051915_zps92e25bc1.jpg

Starting another... There are approx. 80-82 holes and I'm 42 switches short... :)
20130531_051836_zpsbd1218fb.jpg

More to Come!

I need 42 switches stat Mr. Scott I've givin' it all I've got Captain!!!!! But Walmart doesn't exist!!!! lol!!!!

Hi Gang,

Not much of an update this time around. I had WAY too many little home projects to take care off. But I was able to work on the second throttle greeblie...

First thing I did was mask off the entire greeblie before adding the fiberglass resin... Then mixed the resin and poured... :)

Underside of the small greeblie that attaches near the bottom
20130602_184902_zps88d27bd5.jpg

Throttle greeblie
20130602_184913_zpse80a6eaa.jpg

Both
20130602_184928_zpsd0de50cc.jpg

Hopefully I'll have time this week to get back to the platform. Also... SpikeTV aired the OT this weekend and I am seriously leaning toward removing the glass 1 inch square tiles and replacing them with 3mm colored 1 inch tiles and backlighting them... :)

Stay Tuned!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back