MattyCollector "Mattel Hoverboard" discussion

Re: MattyCollector "Mattel Hoverboard" discussion

- - - Updated - - -

The main thing wrong with them is the magnets and their holders are all the same height and there is no separation between them. The holders should be lower than the top face of the magnets. I had a look and I couldn't find any screen used boards like this anywhere.
http://i678.photobucket.com/albums/vv142/kurtyboy2/props2/magnets3.jpg

There's some available from a site called Goldenarmor in the US that look ok. You'll know better than I would though :)

Also I've found this from a site in the UK do you guys think this is a bit dark?
image.jpegimage.jpeg

Last edited:

There's some available from a site called Goldenarmor in the US that look ok.

I wouldn't recommend buying anything from GoldenArmor:
http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=44546&page=5

From what I've read over the years via this forum, he recasts over multiple forums, is known to lie about the validity/accuracy of his products and delivers shoddy work (if he delivers it at all).

I can't speak from personal experience, but from the terrible reputation he built up among this forum I wouldn't put my faith in him personally.

I wouldn't recommend buying anything from GoldenArmor:
http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=44546&page=5

From what I've read over the years via this forum, he recasts over multiple forums, is known to lie about the validity/accuracy of his products and delivers shoddy work (if he delivers it at all).

I can't speak from personal experience, but from the terrible reputation he built up among this forum I wouldn't put my faith in him personally.

that is a real shame because it's the only place I've found that I could get magnets and clamps from. Guess ill have to keep searching as I've found 99% of the rest of my board. Thanks for clearing that up for me, much appreciated.

The correct material should look like the following 2015 police citation that was printed on the same lenticular material that was used for the Hoverboard surface. Unfortunately this police citation wasn't seen in the final cut of the movie.

16044_1.jpg 16044_2.jpg

The correct material should look like the following 2015 police citation that was printed on the same lenticular material that was used for the Hoverboard surface. Unfortunately this police citation wasn't seen in the final cut of the movie.

View attachment 560808 View attachment 560809

If only I could find some, that's the first time I've seen the police citation, thanks for sharing Roland. I'm going to go with Sommers clear and maybe a hot pink vinyl layer underneath and see how that turns out.

Last edited:
Here is a trio of pictures I took today of my Mattel hoverboard upgraded with ROLAND's excellent kit he sold a little while back. WoW!!

URL]

URL]

URL]

Wow, that looks great outside in the sun. It looks so clean! I wish I was around when all these amazing parts were for sale. I'm always late to the party lol. I'm going to have to try making my own magnets and clamps and see how I get on.

Your board looks amazing 121Gigabytes

Last edited:
Thanks for the kind comments Crash Overide!! Yeah, ROLAND's decals he made along with the neon Velcro he chose all look perfectly in the sun. The best thing is, the decals and pink fur strap all went together perfectly in fit. In the pics on the previous page, you can see how it looks like it's floating above the ground in my driveway ��

Thanks for the kind comments Crash Overide!! Yeah, ROLAND's decals he made along with the neon Velcro he chose all look perfectly in the sun. The best thing is, the decals and pink fur strap all went together perfectly in fit. In the pics on the previous page, you can see how it looks like it's floating above the ground in my driveway ��

They really do look good, Roland does amazing work. This thread has provided me with everything I need to start my own board. I'd be lost if if wasn't for all you guys and gals doing all the hard work. I can't afford a matty board at the moment but I do have an MDF deck that someone made, if it turns ou looking half as good as yours and the others on here then I'll be very happy.

Are these measurements correct for the magnets and clamps? I'm not sure the battery pack is 5 inches long on other pics I've seen? Im going to make what I can from MDF and use milliput to get the curves and shape I need for the clamps.
Can any kind soul tell me the correct measurements for the magnets and clamps? My MDF deck is 28" by 8"

cheers.

image.jpeg

Hey guys,

Does anybody know where I would be able to get the more screen accurate foot strap from? And how hard would it be to replace on the Mattel Hoverboard? Keep in mind I really have no experience with recreating props or some of the awesome stuff people do on here!

I could live with everything else on the Mattel really but the strap is just something I would really want to change.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back