MattyCollector "Mattel Hoverboard" discussion

i wish, i meant the matty hover boards they released for 110 bucks and now going for 600 on eBay

Yeah, the almost Hover Board. I have one. Paid $99 for it.
Yes it is crazy that they go for many times what they were listed at. This is also one reason I don't take mine to cons anymore - replacement value if it does get damaged. Like a few years ago when some women told her very fat kid to stand on it for a photo. Then had an upset when I said, not this actually not a toy.

Yeah, the almost Hover Board. I have one. Paid $99 for it.
Yes it is crazy that they go for many times what they were listed at. This is also one reason I don't take mine to cons anymore - replacement value if it does get damaged. Like a few years ago when some women told her very fat kid to stand on it for a photo. Then had an upset when I said, not this actually not a toy.

that could have been deadly. i know the released the ghostbusters PKE, i was thinking they would do the same with all the other GB props they made, and even the hover board. seeing what insane prices eBay sellers are getting, i figured matty would open up production again

i dont think the hover boards lasted 2 days before they were sold out

that could have been deadly. i know the released the ghostbusters PKE, i was thinking they would do the same with all the other GB props they made, and even the hover board. seeing what insane prices eBay sellers are getting, i figured matty would open up production again

i dont think the hover boards lasted 2 days before they were sold out

Initially I was not going to buy one based on the trashing it got here. Then a new thread with people that had them popped up, and suddenly there was sense of joy and that whilst these were not screen accurate, they were still cool to have.

I started my search finding boards well over $400. I kind of thought I missed the boat. A few weeks later, I did another search and found a guy with 6 boards for sale. His disclaimer was that the mini board has been removed and the box sealed back up. I like 1:1 props, so I didn't care that the so called 3" board was missing.

Shipping was fast and I had fun opening up the box, installing batteries and having this thing set up at work for the day. I pulled the batteries out about 2 weeks later because of that annoying sound it makes. The "turn off" sound is cool, but every time you move the thing it does this annoying buzzing thing.

In the end, I could not have made one this good for the price.

Will it be the same board or a revised version?

Yeah here's the new version
image.jpeg

KIDDING! I just visited the Prop Store of London. I cannot begin to explain what it was like to hold this.
But re: the Super7 takeover of Matty Collector, I was just speculating. For now it looks like they're just focusing on He-Man.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    279 KB · Views: 182
If only Mattel had one or two like that in their office, to carefully measure and duplicate. :D

My understanding is that had both hero and stunt board available to take measurements and the product we got is sort of mix of both. In the end, as a prop collector, I want a 1:1 hero prop.

My understanding is that had both hero and stunt board available to take measurements and the product we got is sort of mix of both. In the end, as a prop collector, I want a 1:1 hero prop.

Tastes can be very different. I'd always prefer the darker look of the photo board (the so-called "stunt" board). It's the actual hero board in the movies: Has much more scenes than the lenticular board (it's even the only board you can see in part III) and it's also used by the hero, not just by stuntmen. :)

Tastes can be very different. I'd always prefer the darker look of the photo board (the so-called "stunt" board). It's the actual hero board in the movies: Has much more scenes than the lenticular board (it's even the only board you can see in part III) and it's also used by the hero, not just by stuntmen. :)

I thought the one that they screwed to his shoes was the hero. Is this the stunt?

The wooden one I held didn't have real lenticular, just a print. Is that the stunt version? The green foot pad didn't rotate wither.

Yes, that's the stunt version. But it's not printed, it's exposed on photographic paper. That's why it's known as "photo board", too. The so-called hero version has real lenticular sheets instead of photos. Actually both versions were used by the hero in the movies and that's why I would prefer the names "photo board" and "lenticular board".

OMG they made a mess of that. In a video (I think you posted) it showed them using a cordless drill to screw tech screws right through the mid-sole into the board. Because all the pairs of screen used MAGs seemed to have the same split close to the same place. We agreed that was caused by the screws.

attachment.php

This image suggests there was physical bolts passing through the sole of the left shoe.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back