Mad Max: Fury Road

Im pretty sure this movie is filled with practical stunts and actual car chases. Of course it will feature cgi but I don't think you'll be disappointed on a practical side of things. I'm so eager to see this and then play the game.

Ben

Miller clearly knows that there's no school like old-school effects.

First there was Mad Max on the NES. Then there was Outlander, which started off as an official licensed Mad Max game, but the license fell through. What followed was the tons of downloadable game mods for Max's Interceptor for various games, from Need for Speed 3 to the GTA series... Now, it looks like we're about to dive into Max's world once again in the video game format.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKRGvSi5xXk

That actually looks pretty cool. Hope it ends up living up to the preview.

That actually looks pretty cool. Hope it ends up living up to the preview.

The only thing that could have made the trailer better is if they used "One of the Living" by Tina Turner. But then again, that's just my opinion.

That Magnum Opus has potential to be done as a kit bash by die hard fans. :)

The only thing that could have made the trailer better is if they used "One of the Living" by Tina Turner. But then again, that's just my opinion.

That Magnum Opus has potential to be done as a kit bash by die hard fans. :)

Yeah, and I'll bet they do a "New Game+" mode after you beat it where you get to use the classic gear only (which is probably top-tier gear).

I like the concept described. I'm just waiting to see if it's actually executed successfully.

Yeah, and I'll bet they do a "New Game+" mode after you beat it where you get to use the classic gear only (which is probably top-tier gear).

I like the concept described. I'm just waiting to see if it's actually executed successfully.

Probably. I mean, you can't have a Mad Max game without allowing the players to drive the last V8 Interceptor. That'd be like having a Dukes of Hazzard game without being allowed to drive the General Lee, or a Knight Rider game without being allowed to drive KITT.

I'm interested in seeing if they pull it off as well. An open world Is the only way a Mad Max game could work.

http://collider.com/mad-max-fury-road-images-reveal-gigahorse-war-rig-and-more-vehicles/

mad-max-fury-road-interceptor.jpg

mad-max-fury-road-plymouth-rock.jpg

mad-max-fury-road-buggy-9.jpg

mad-max-fury-road-war-rig.jpg

Last edited:
I can't believe that in like three weeks there's going to be a new Mad Max film. I mean, when was the first time you all heard of the mythic fourth movie, Fury Road? I think it was like a decade ago for me. Stuff of nerd legend. I'm still apprehensive about revisiting this world after so much time, and with so many changes, but...good lord I can't help but be excited :D

Why does main bad guy remind me of this guy from Omega Man?

The-Omega-Man.jpg

And the whole premise of this movie is he wants his 'property' back??

BTW, am I the only one who wishes that they had used the song "One of the Living" by Tina Turner for one of the trailers? I think it'd be a great shout out (especially if they had used it for the Legacy trailer).

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back