Mad Max: Fury Road

I really don't get the whole "pro-masculine" bruhaha - like it's REALLY this whole "big argument" breaking out across the world - like "all men everywhere" were crying out. Give me a break, what was it, like one knucklehead makes one post and it spreads like digital wildfire because it touched a nerve in the zeitgeist…? The internet really loves these false "controversies" don't they…? I didn't hear or see - nor can I even picture - even one guy walking out of that movie all hangdog and saying, "Wow, I feel so emasculated…" Who would say that? If you honestly feel emasculated by this movie, you've got much bigger problems then Fury Road...

I know it emasculated me...

...only for the fact that after seeing the movie and walking back to my car, the adrenaline from watching all those amazing cars and their stunts/crashes, completely subsided when I went back to my 4-cylinder Kia Soul. It was just embarrassment, then.

Last edited:
That's very true. I I drove the whole way home (while stuck in traffic) in "sport mode".

Despite the fact that I was driving a small diesel wagon with two child seats

Some of you guys need to get yourselves some V8.
How can you honor him with your deeds without one????

I've got this so I'm good. ;)

20150501_143123.jpg

I didn't take it to the theater, though. If I had I probably would have been arrested driving home. :lol

I watched it before reading online about all this 'feminism' in the movie and not once did I think while watching it 'man this needs to be more masculine, why the storyline with all these girls? Seems like Charlize Theron stole the main character'. Whoever started this ****e on the internet must be pretty insecure about themselves. It worked perfectly, her character and Max.
The only thing I wish they had were A FEW newer model muscle cars too. Not too many to detract from the older model cars, just a few. And a limo. That would've been ballz!

I've got this so I'm good. ;)

http://s28.postimg.org/p2jgywhel/20150501_143123.jpg

I didn't take it to the theater, though. If I had I probably would have been arrested driving home. :lol

I'm rockin' a C6. By the time it needs replacing I think they will be on the C8.LOL These cars are solid. Run like a raped ape on rails.
You ask of it, and it gives.

Been behind Chevy V8s since I could drive, big blocks stuffed in Camaros with double pumper holleys then later Vettes. Now we have the high tech LS series
and all the advances in tech since.
But one ever ringing truth and gospel.....No replacement for displacement. Electric this, turbo 4 cylinder that. BAH!
The worship of the V8 in this film is not misplaced.

You know, after some thinking, I can see how the Feral Kid as the new Max theory could be possible. I mean, Max acts rather animalistic at the start of the film, much like the kid did. And there is the music box that turns up in this film, which Max gave to the kid. But I noticed smaller details that could make the argument for the theory. For example, Max in the film has a voice that almost sounds more like the gruffly voice of the Feral Kid's adult narration. And the child Max hallucinates is apparently his daughter (while Max had a son in the first film). So, with those details in mind, maybe the Feral Kid is actually the new Max, and that he became him because he lost his family like how Max lost his, and took up the name because he went insane to the point where he couldn't be himself anymore.

Now, I know, "But how did the Feral Kid get a V8 Interceptor with the same mods when the mechanic in the first film said he had to salvage what he could find to put the car together?" After some thinking, I've got a possible explanation: the body of the car may not be as difficult to find. And in The Road Warrior, the gas tanks exploded the back of the car, so there's a very slim chance the car's engine may have still been mostly intact (I say very slim, taking not only the explosion into account, but the crash that occurred before that. The main engine block and some of the other parts for it may have survived and years later, after the Feral Kid grew up, he put together his Interceptor, long before he lost everything).

Like I said, I can see how the theory could be possible, though unlikely.

Last edited:
You know, after some thinking, I can see how the Feral Kid as the new Max theory could be possible. I mean, Max acts rather animalistic at the start of the film, much like the kid did. And there is the music box that turns up in this film, which Max gave to the kid. But I noticed smaller details that could make the argument for the theory. For example, Max in the film has a voice that almost sounds more like the gruffly voice of the Feral Kid's adult narration. And the child Max hallucinates is apparently his daughter (while Max had a son in the first film). So, with those details in mind, maybe the Feral Kid is actually the new Max, and that he became him because he lost his family like how Max lost his, and took up the name because he went insane to the point where he couldn't be himself anymore.

Now, I know, "But how did the Feral Kid get a V8 Interceptor with the same mods when the mechanic in the first film said he had to salvage what he could find to put the car together?" After some thinking, I've got a possible explanation: the body of the car may not be as difficult to find. And in The Road Warrior, the gas tanks exploded the back of the car, so there's a very slim chance the car's engine may have still been mostly intact (I say very slim, taking not only the explosion into account, but the crash that occurred before that. The main engine block and some of the other parts for it may have survived and years later, after the Feral Kid grew up, he put together his Interceptor, long before he lost everything).

Like I said, I can't see how the theory could be possible, though unlikely.

I'm a sucker for theories like this and the "Bond is a codename" one. I know they are avoiding nailing Fury Road down as a reboot or a sequel, but I think the idea that Max has become a myth, and his likeness has been appropriated by someone he had a big impact on is pretty awesome, and it also leaves Gibson's legacy intact while giving us a new character to watch develop.

I can't see this guy becoming like Max at the beginning of the film based on his words as an adult about his life later.
"We" he says. I'm putting Feral Kid comfortably with his people as they travelled, not a loner in the wastelands.

And so began thejourney north to safety

to our place in the sun.

Among us we found a new leader: The man who came from the sky

the Gyro Captain.

And just as Pappagallo had planned

we traveled far beyond the reach of men on machines.

The juice, the precious juice, was hidden in the vehicles.

As for me, I grew to manhood

and in the fullness of time, I became the leader

the Chief of the Great Northern Tribe.

And the Road Warrior?

That was the last we ever saw of him.

He lives now

only in my memories.

I can't see this guy becoming like Max at the beginning of the film based on his words as an adult about his life later.
"We" he says. I'm putting Feral Kid comfortably with his people as they travelled, not a loner in the wastelands.

And so began thejourney north to safety

to our place in the sun.

Among us we found a new leader: The man who came from the sky

the Gyro Captain.

And just as Pappagallo had planned

we traveled far beyond the reach of men on machines.

The juice, the precious juice, was hidden in the vehicles.

As for me, I grew to manhood

and in the fullness of time, I became the leader

the Chief of the Great Northern Tribe.

And the Road Warrior?

That was the last we ever saw of him.

He lives now

only in my memories.

And you don't think that sometime after that closing narration, his entire group got wiped out? Seriously, if you notice the scene when he's trying to escape the War Boys after he got tattooed, he has hallucinations of people blaming him for not helping them. That could suggest that if the Feral Kid did become Max some time after the closing narration of The Road Warrior, then he blames himself for his entire group being dead (and it would also account for the Gyro Captain skull on Nux's car, the car previously being driven by Nux haven been used by a War Boy of the past who participated in the destruction of the the group, maybe). It would make even more sense that he became Max because he saw Max as a heroic figure when he was a child, and having grown up and realized that Max was a person who suffered a tragic loss and went mad, jut like he did. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised the reason why Max didn't tell Furiosa his name when she asked, and waited until she was near death was because the Feral Kid was trying to decide if he really wanted to take up the Max mantle in some sort of "one man can make a difference" mentality or not, and decided to do so by the end of the film, knowing he could help others like he had in the film.

And don't you think it's possible that the group from the compound in The Road Warrior didn't get a happily ever after? I mean, Furiosa's community and home died out, and that was due to the effects of the nuclear war. And in the Wasteland, there's more people like the Imortan Joe and Humungus leading groups of savages that are willing to rip whatever good people there are left apart in order to steal their supplies and materials. And that kind of situation, that's enough to drive any man to near insanity and lead to excessive guilt, leading them to wonder if there was anything they could have done to prevent it (much like the "voices" and hallucinations of the people blaming Max for not helping them).

Like I said before, I can see how the theory could be possible, though unlikely. I personally just take it that each film is a tall-tale of a man named Max, where the only consistent detail is Max, with each tale being from the point of view of people who have encountered him. Basically, Max being like Pecos Bill, John Henry, or Paul Bunyun, but in a post-apocalyptic setting and with an awesome car.

Last edited:
I just accept that narration at face value. I think the narrative gymnastics for Feral Kid to be a "Max" though possible aren't elegant to fit for me.
I'd put Max more in line with a sort of post apocalypse Moses type, there was one guy but the stories got passed down and so on as with such stories.

BTW, found this on YouTube. Someone took the vocals from Black Sabbath's War Pigs and mixed it in with the audio from the trailers. And I have to say, I think its rather fitting.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back