Jayne's camo jacket

Bountys Hunted

I'm trying to put together a Jayne Cobb outfit. I know I can get the military jacket (M-65?) but I was thinking of the camo sweatjacket he wore in the pilot episode.

Has that jacket been identified yet?

Thanks all.

-Rex

Take that back after lookin in book said tanker is way off.
For one no hood. There is something familiar about that pattern though.

Looking at screen caps, I'd say it is what I call "civilian camo". There is a bunch of stuff out there in purely fanciful colors like pink for girls, blue and the yellow seen in Firefly. True military camo has become more accepted fashion-wise. So I don't know if anyone is doing the off-color stuff anymore.

The closest real-world camo is the WWII German Autumn Oakleaf camo.
It is darker and mixes more browns in with the orange. Not good to replicate screen-used, but probably the more realistic choice.

Mike

Last edited:
Thanks guys for the suggestions, good ideas.. Mike, "civilian camo" is a good idea, I've also heard it referred to as "Gucciflage"... :lol

Good idea on the WWII camo too.

Getting closer, I can feel it.

-Rex

The jacket always reminded me of those weird "foam" polyester hooded sweatshirt style jackets made by Carhartt and the like in the 90's.

Not sure if anyone understands what I mean by that. They were made of this weird "foamy" kind of thermal polyester material.

Anyone?

Yeah, I know exactly what you mean. That's what I thought it looked like too. I don't know if they still make that stuff anymore...

I thought about getting a gray sweatshirt, hopefully a darker gray, and just using fabric paint or maybe markers and painting on the camo... ;)

I've been looking around and have not had any luck. I've been searching around for the pattern, but the name doesnt pop up and I haven't seen a color like that at all.
Then I tried looking for the same design at places like PacSun or a surf shop. Maybe even a jacket for the Snow or Skiing. I've seen jackets that partially resembled what was seen, but finding everything that matched it is impossible, especially the pattern.

From what I've seen, here's what to look for:
The cuffs and the bottom of the jacket are black
The string that closes that hood part of the jacket is a drawstring, that one can stretch.
The outline of the pockets are lined with black.
The hood has a black outline around the edges were it was sewn.
The inside of the jacket (well the hoody part at least) is black.
The material, it look similar to what I've seen at Sporting places, not quite felt, but something that is waterproof.
If you look at a screenshot when he's taken out the sniper, his right arm sleeve has a pocket.
If someone can track down a name of the pattern, it would help narrow the search.

I searched for Addicts clothing or even Carhott, since they were ones that used unusal patterns (Such as Blue, Silver, pink). But the jackets didnt have the right details. So the search continues.

Re: Jayne's camo jacket

New clue?
Ok, so I'm watchin' TV yesterday, and a commercial comes on for some breakfast cereal that so awesome that it'll change your whole life.
Dad will get you a limo to school, and mom will get you a private home performance of that band you can't go see.

Thing is; one of the 'band members' I SWEAR is wearing Jayne's Camo jacket.
I'll watch for this ad to pop up again, but I'm really hoping this means the illusive jacket may finally be found somehow.

Noticed the same thing. It was for Reeses Puffs cereal. And it was one of the hiphop guys so I think whoever thought that was on the right track for sure.

I did a bit of online detective work but am still unable to find it.

Wasn't there a thread here a while back from someone who contacted the costumer who said she had bought it at an LA-area mall store that specialized in urban streetwear?

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back