Elstreeprops Luke ROTJ Extending Saber

I do know that judging from the long shot that shows everything, this prop is different from the sliding control box saber seen on Parts of Star Wars since the circutry is different as well as some other features.

It's all very odd. There are features of the Elstree saber which don't fit with any known version of the ROTJ luke. And their "lightsaber collection" includes more than just those sabers they might reasonable claim to have had originals of.

If you read it, you are merging two comments. They say they have original Light Sabers and they say they have a Light Saber collection. They never say that all the sabers in their collection are original. And given that they are selling MR stuff, it is resonable to assume that they are using MR to flesh out their collection.

I saw this a while ago, and I thought it would be a neat one to build. If nothing else, the sliding control box to reveal the crystal would be neat.

WookieGunner--you're right of course, but they're also 'merging' the meaning of 'collection' in a way that doesn't help their claims to provenance for the 'originals' they sell.

Am I the only one that agrees with Ghost Host here? It seems like a lot of their items are really questionable but they get the pass because they are/were Norank. Any thoughts?

This auction of theirs was done by a member of this board, RIArtist: (I used to have the exact same one).

(Link to active auction removed)

Not all of their stuff was done by them. I'd like to see their V.2 that is laying there. I'll bet it's a russrep.

Last edited by a moderator:
<div class='quotetop'>(bobasfett @ Sep 12 2006, 11:43 PM) [snapback]1318809[/snapback]</div>
Am I the only one that agrees with Ghost Host here? It seems like a lot of their items are really questionable but they get the pass because they are/were Norank. Any thoughts?
[/b]

You're not alone.
I've noticed several replicas in their collection (RPF not MR). No doubt there likely are some real pieces in their collection, but they get lost among the noise.
I've always heard from people I know at Lucasfilm that the scenes with Luke building his ROTJ lightsaber were never filmed - contrary to Norank's story.
They've written to me (as PoSW) a couple times and I take their stories with a big grain of salt. They claimed the Luke RotJ was machined from nothing more than ideas and a scribble on a napkin yet it's VERY obvious the thing was just duplicated off an ANH stunt.

<div class='quotetop'>(DonnieDarko688 @ Sep 13 2006, 04:40 PM) [snapback]1319307[/snapback]</div>
Hmm I dunno.
[/b]

Hi guys that sliding saber it that pic is a VERY VERY well made saber, I think it was made by Pauls dad. I have spoke to Paul about it I think they were gonna use that saber in the film showing Luke building his own saber, But never got put in.. :) I have had it in my hands its a very nice item plus alot of £ $'s's.....................

Russ.

It's a fantastic piece, I held it in my own hands when I visited them. Tragically, it never made it on screen.

Tom

How have all of you been able to hold this thing? I thought original OT props were kept under lock and key when it comes to fans getting to see them in person, much less hold them.

Seth

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back