My Trumpeter 1/16 scale Russian T-34/85 Tank

Robert McLain

Sr Member
Here's my just completed build of Trumpeter's exelent WWII T-34 medium tank. The inside is fully detailed from front to back plus I've made a few mods myself such as cutting open the top of the turret and engine access hatches, wiring, weathering etc. I also hand painted the lettering on the turret, which was pretty common with russian field vehicles.

IMG_5821.jpg

IMG_5823.jpg

IMG_5826.jpg

IMG_5838.jpg

IMG_5837.jpg

IMG_5830.jpg

Just a hint at the detail under the transmission access hatch.
IMG_5862.jpg

IMG_5863.jpg

IMG_5864.jpg

IMG_5866.jpg

500 hp V2 12 cylinder engine.
IMG_5871.jpg

IMG_5869.jpg

IMG_5854.jpg

IMG_5857.jpg

Turret interior.
IMG_5841.jpg

IMG_5842.jpg

IMG_5844.jpg

IMG_5845.jpg

IMG_5852.jpg

IMG_5846.jpg

IMG_5859.jpg

IMG_5874.jpg

IMG_5858.jpg

IMG_5839.jpg

IMG_5876.jpg

This model is a detailers paradise. There was room to do SO much more to this kit but I got burned out:lol

Robert

Last edited:
Thanks. It's 15 inches long from front to rear fender, 6 and 1/4 inches high and 7 and 1/2 inches wide. I can feel your pain..I'm just about finished with Trumpeter's 1/32 scale TBM-3 Avenger:lol

Robert

Thanks for the replies. I love the detail included on some of Trumpeter's kits, but I wish they would put a little more thought in the placement of the ejector pins....if you are a perfectionist plan on filling a LOT of ejector pin marks:lol
Robert

Last edited:
i had one of these five or six years ago, i sold it before building it, i can't remember it having an interior, did they release a version without the interior??

nice job btw.

-z

i had one of these five or six years ago, i sold it before building it, i can't remember it having an interior, did they release a version without the interior??

nice job btw.

-z

Not sure but it's entirely possible: Trumpeter is known for releasing improved/revamped versions of the same subject.

Once again thanks to everyone for the kind comments:)

Robert

Love the paint and weather job, Robert :thumbsup.

I love Trumpeter's attention to detail, but for the price of some of their kits, you could almost buy the real thing, :lol.

-Fred

Love the paint and weather job, Robert :thumbsup.

I love Trumpeter's attention to detail, but for the price of some of their kits, you could almost buy the real thing, :lol.

-Fred

Thanks!

They are a bit pricey but I'm a sucker for the 1/16 scale size and all that interior detail.

I'm ordering this puppy next month...it.s about a hundred bucks more than the T-34!

http://www.amazon.com/910-German-Ki...U0P8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1317144871&sr=8-1

Here's and old preview of the kit.
http://www.missing-lynx.com/reviews/german/trumpeter00906preview_1.html

Robert

Outstanding work!!!:thumbsup

I stockpiled on these and hope to find time to complete at least one. Just picked up a King Tiger as well. You won't be disappointed if you do. :)

Outstanding work!!!:thumbsup

I stockpiled on these and hope to find time to complete at least one. Just picked up a King Tiger as well. You won't be disappointed if you do. :)

There are two versions of the King Tiger out there: one with optional clear hull and turret and one without. Which did you get?

Robert

I got the latest release, the 2 in 1 with both Henshel and Porsche turrets. It was actually cheaper than their previous 2 releases.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back