Breaking Bad Props

The picture is the temple of the SG-104 (color ANTIQUE PEWTER). They are available in BROWN, but, get this, not from Walmart. According to the Vision Center manager you can only order the exact color and size that's on display. I'm a little ticked about it because I have a 15% discount coupon that the Walmart optometrist gave me when I had my prescription renewed there. I have ordered a BROWN pair (also larger) online from MyEyewear2Go. Frames only. I'm sure I will be happy with the color, but I want to make sure before I pay for the prescription lenses.

If you want a virtual carbon copy of what he wore (without the loops), check out the link below. I have had them in hand and held them up to my wide screen TV with a paused image of WW. I would challenge anyone to find a better match. But the damned things only come in black or gold!

In any event, the loops are important to me because I want them to show up in close-up shots (like the classic WW head shot).

I'll be sure to post better pictures of the SG-104 frames when I get them. I think the bottom line is any final choice will involve some compromise (exact color-vs-exact shape-vs-loops). I suppose if I started making real money at this I would buy the RX-554 (link below) and pay someone to professionally repaint them and tack weld loops to the temples.

http://www.rx-safety.com/prescripti...asses/prescription-safety-glasses-rx-554.html

View attachment 451697

The thing is, the loops on the screen-used pair weren't a perfect circular coil:

cQpKKwh.jpg

They looked more like a little bracket, as seen in this Season 4 promo photo.

I think an accurate overall shape of the frames is most important, as little details like color and loops can be altered after the fact whereas the overall shape can't be as much. So maybe the RX-554 frames are the way to go, if indeed they are as accurate shape and size-wise as you say they are, and then alter them to match the show?

I think an accurate overall shape of the frames is most important, as little details like color and loops can be altered after the fact whereas the overall shape can't be as much. So maybe the RX-554 frames are the way to go, if indeed they are as accurate shape and size-wise as you say they are, and then alter them to match the show?

I could stand back at a distance, holding up the RX-554, and visually align them to the glasses on the screen and the shape matched very very well. Just so you know, MyEyewear2Go has a "no questions asked" 30-day return policy on frame-only orders (non-prescription). I ordered 6 pair that I thought might be right. My plan was to choose the best ones, return them all for a refund, then re-order the ones I liked with prescription lenses. It turned out that, once I had them in person, 5 of the 6 were not right at all. And the RX-554 does not come in any shade of brown (Aagghh!). I returned them all, and ordered the SG-104 frames which, for some reason, did not catch my attention when I selected the frames for the first order. I guess my eyes were just too tired from looking at hundreds of product pages lol. But after seeing the SG-104 at Walmart I determined those will be my best choice. I have a friend who can do precision machining. I'm going to see if he can machine the temples down between the hinge and loop. By the way, I don't know why I did not take a front-view pic of the SG-104 when I was at Walmart, but I did take a pic of the SG-103. Very similar, except it has a cross bar...

SG103.JPG

BTW... Just to show I'm paying close attention to detail.. The one thing not right with the shape of SG-104 is that the lens curvatures on each side of the bridge are too smooth. The glasses used in BB have steeper slopes in that area. The curves of each outer edge are perfect. No obvious "elbow" to give any pronounced rectangular appearance.

The thing is, the loops on the screen-used pair weren't a perfect circular coil. They looked more like a little bracket, as seen in this Season 4 promo photo...

http://i.imgur.com/cQpKKwh.jpg

Very true. They are indeed little wire loops, rather than perfectly round threaded holes. The only realistic option I can think of, if you want to be 99.9% authentic, is to find the best shaped frames you can and have someone solder wire loops on. I will probably just settle for the 85% solution and go with the SG-104. At least, on close inspection, people will see that I am wearing safety frames with the shields removed.

Last edited:
**** DUFFEL BAG ****

I searched this thread for the word "duffel" and got no returns, so I assume this has not already been answered. Does anyone know the brand of black duffel bag used in the show? Like the one Walt used to carry the cash to Jesse and Jane?

Frames (SG-104 BROWN) arrived today. Color is better than I expected. I think I will settle on these.

View attachment 454967View attachment 454968

Those look roughly close, but the shape isn't quite right:

e3XCBSE.gif

IsXWAwu.gif

Also, I found this old blog post online about glasses that are the closest I've ever seen to what the screen-used ones looked like, but in the wrong color:

http://gentsbreakfast.blogspot.com/2011/08/breaking-glad.html

I emailed them a long time ago for more info but never got a response, unfortunately.

100MEDIA_IMAG0491.jpg

Here's an animated gif comparing them to a screen-used pair, someone posted the photo of the screen-used ones on this forum but can't remember who (sorry, don't mean to not credit you):

h4RNiCf.gif

If the frame rims of the glasses from this blog post were slightly bent outward along the bridge (and I'm sure they could be, the bridge of most wireframe glasses is easily bent by hand), they'd match the shape of the screen-used pair almost perfectly.

Last edited:
... someone posted the photo of the screen-used ones on this forum but can't remember who (sorry, don't mean to not credit you)

It was RAVEN, page 33 of this thread.

I wonder why he called them "hero glasses". They definitely have the wire loops in the temples, but the color seems much lighter.

I searched the thread and it looks as if no one posted about Skyler White's signature silver bracelet worn in many episodes.
At first glance it looks like one big silver cuff, but really it's actually two silver Liquid Metal Sergio Gutierrez bracelets worn together.

http://www.sgliquidmetal.com/

This is the one.

bracelet.jpgbracelet-b44_large.jpgbreakingbad_skyler2.jpg

Almost done with Jesse's mask from Salud! Just have to figure out how they mashed the 3M filter onto the MSA mask...

And that is Walter's Season 2 mask in the background.

attachment.php

Attachments

• jess-pinkman-mexican-cartel-gas-mask.jpg
    jess-pinkman-mexican-cartel-gas-mask.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 1,266
Okay guys, long time no see. I have a prototype for an item that has been in the works for a long time now. Now before you make comments about inaccuracies this is not supposed to be SA, it is a prototype so that I could test stains, and figure out how I want to go about making the final product. So without further ado: The Zafiro Anejo box
photo 1 (1).jpgphoto 2 (1).jpgphoto 3 (1).jpgphoto 4 (1).jpgphoto 5 (1).jpg

So obviously the stain is too light, the hinge is on the outside rather than the inside, the clasp is in no way SA, but is a beautiful handmade piece either way. Even though this project has a long way to go this is a great start. I will post more pictures after I fit the foam, and the purple velvet so stay tuned! It's been a long time since I've posted here, but it feels good to be back.

Haven't posted here in a while, wanted to share my collection as of now:

CVHhGXN.jpg

Not prop replicas, but here is my collection of Breaking Bad press kits:

MKhzqO6.jpg

These are the press book from the Season 2 kit, the Heisenberg figurine from the Season 3 kit, and the full Season 5A and Season 5B kits.
Hope to one day get my hands on the Season 1 and 4 kits.

My limited edition BrBa items:

VckjeW0.jpg

The Dia de Los Muertos Heisenberg figurine from the Season 3 press kit is one of 500 produced.

The Vannen Tristan Eaton "Contaminant" watch is one of only 200.

BVBx5Ab.jpg

I have Season 4, 5A & 5B Press kits so far.

Is the season 2 press kit the complete version or it it just the book?

Do you have any of the coins given to cast & crew? I have 2 so far-

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back