dexter watch

I understand. I was just trying to avoid an Alyssa Doll fiasco. If that one sold for $405.00, imagine what the next one is going to cost someone now that everyone knows.

The older Timexes are close. How close is close-enough? You might just have to cruise flea markets or pawn shops. That's nothing new - it's the nature of the (prop) beast. :unsure

-Mike J.

I love watch... :lol
And an astronaut worn this watch after breaking his Omega speedmaster during an apollo mission ... It was this waltham watch !

I was not sure because the astronaut's bracelet was made of velcro... But I recognized the design...

Yeah, they will be hard to find now and very expensive.... But it's the game... ;)
I can't find a cheap graflex now !! :lol

I'll add this to my "Watch Request List" and keep an eye out for it.
This watch really isn't a true "Waltham" watch. After 1957 the rights to the name "Waltham Watch Company" were sold to the Hallmark Watch Company of Chicago, Illinois who continued to sell swiss imported watches using the Waltham name. This watch was most likely made in the 60's. I'm sure I even have parts for these watches.

I looked thru my parts and found this movement. I'm not sure if this is the exact movement used but its a typical close example for this particular watch with a different dial of course.

Last edited:
Thanks, newb! When I find one I'll be sending you the bill!

Kidding, but yes, now its going to be even harder for those of us who already were looking. :unsure

Collaborate, create, and collect at the internet's largest community dedicated to props, costumes and models.

;)

Last edited:
Dont feel bad Thibault - you found the watch, and you shared.

If you guys couldn't find the watch, why, oh why, should you have rights to find one cheaply just because you were looking first? If you're going to attach a value to the time spent looking for it, should you not also attach a value to the ability to find it?

Well done Thibault.

Also, I highly doubt the price of this watch is going to soar if they are already extremely hard to find. If it already sold for $400, I don't forsee it increasing because 'everyone knows' due to a single post on the 3rd page of this thread.

Life's about sharing, not hoarding, fellas. In my most humble of opinions, anyway.

Dont feel bad Thibault - you found the watch, and you shared.

If you guys couldn't find the watch, why, oh why, should you have rights to find one cheaply just because you were looking first? If you're going to attach a value to the time spent looking for it, should you not also attach a value to the ability to find it?

Well done Thibault.

Also, I highly doubt the price of this watch is going to soar if they are already extremely hard to find. If it already sold for $400, I don't forsee it increasing because 'everyone knows' due to a single post on the 3rd page of this thread.

Life's about sharing, not hoarding, fellas. In my most humble of opinions, anyway.

LOL, you wait. The price will be insane now. It went for $400 without being public info on here.

I wasn't hoarding anything, I already have the damn thing. Why would I hoard what the watch was? I have shared EVERYTHING I have found except this so the price gouging wouldn't happened.

Last edited:
Thanks Fawbish

LOL, you wait. The price will be insane now. It went for $400 without being public info on here.

I wasn't hoarding anything, I already have the damn thing. Why would I hoard what the watch was? I have shared EVERYTHING I have found except this so the price gouging wouldn't happened.

Man... You have already the watch, and I bet you knew the brand since a long time... And you never share this information here... :unsure

I understaind that you didn't say anything when you discovered it, the time to get one... I will not lie, I would have done the same thing... :lol
But after getting it, you could have shared this information...

Thanks Fawbish

Man... You have already the watch, and I bet you knew the brand since a long time... And you never share this information here... :unsure

I understaind that you didn't say anything when you discovered it, the time to get one... I will not lie, I would have done the same thing... :lol

No I understand why, he wanted to keep the price down for other people. That is fair enough, even though I personally don't believe it will change.

But I guess we shall see! Quite interested in it, actually. :thumbsup

Thanks Fawbish

Why don't you mosy into the Dexter Costume thread before coming in here saying I never shared. I told everyone who wanted to know to PM me and I will tell them. Check your facts first before saying things about me.

No I understand why, he wanted to keep the price down for other people. That is fair enough, even though I personally don't believe it will change.

But I guess we shall see! Quite interested in it, actually. :thumbsup

Yes, exactly. I told everyone through PM to keep it away from Jewelers and TronGuys who will fly around the world buying them all and selling them for insane prices. My intentions were never to hide the info, just keep it private and off the public forum.

This watch really isn't a true "Waltham" watch. After 1957 the rights to the name "Waltham Watch Company" were sold to the Hallmark Watch Company of Chicago, Illinois who continued to sell swiss imported watches using the Waltham name. This watch was most likely made in the 60's. I'm sure I even have parts for these watches.

Good information. When I first heard the brand name, it was difficult to find much useful history.

Just won 1 on eBay :)

I've only seen 2 of these in the last 3 months on ebay. Unfortunately, they were both within the last week.

Collaborate, create, and collect at the internet's largest community dedicated to props, costumes and models.

;)

I've been doing that for many years here. I knew the brand of the watch when DarkPassenger was still looking for his own. We collaborated with each other to try and track some down.

Being on the 3rd page has nothing to do with it. If you search "Dexter wrist watch" on google images, it is now on page 2.

Clearly you have missed out on the aftermath of some of the biggest prop discoveries over the last 10 years. As collectors, we don't need Joe Blow walking into an antique store and explaining the real reason he needs a Waltham 25 Jewel or even Graflex flashtube. I remember when some antique stores would not even sell you a Graflex if you mentioned Star Wars, and the prices went from cheap to outrageous.

I think the biggest thing is that those of us Dexter fans that have been collaborating and dissecting the kill tools were trying to keep the information secret until those of us who were trying to find one had done so. Now we have to dodge all these new people who only joined here to find the brand of watch, and not to help the rest of us, saavy?

@Pinder91

Okay, I intended to be nice, but here is the fond of my thought.

1. I saw this thread, I spotted this watch, I shared.
Sorry that it will cost you an arm, but since there is the word "community" in the RPF's credo, I choose to serve the interest of the community, and not the selfish interest of a minority.

2. If you knew the brand, and wanted to collaborate with DarkPassenger in private, that's ok, it's privacy... But since you are boasting of knowing those information in public... Then, you publicly admitting that you choose to not collaborate, just to serve your own purposes...
That is regrettable and is reprehensible.

I honestly don't care what you think is right or reprehensible. After doing all the leg work to find out what it is, you think I'm going to post it publicly before I find one for myself? You think I'm going to tell a new member over someone whos been looking for years? NO to both.

And before this thread was started, I personally pmed and told about 10-15 members.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back