The 89 MattMobile Build Thread.

I sat in 1 of the 5 original movie car, with fully detailed interior, I'm sure you did your research, the owner of the one that was here in Montreal Comicon is from NY and goes all over to show off and have people take photos with his Batmobile, I'm curious to know how much he paid for it, I'm sure it's paid off by now, there was hundreds of people paying to get a photo next to the car, I was fortunate to be able to sit inside, a big Batman fan paid $100 to have photo taken sitting inside and asked me to go with him as Spidey:love I do remember him saying 5 cars were built for the movie in England using America cars but I don't remember the model they used.

GFollano

In my experience, the people who believe they own a screen used car in fact do not. They believe it with all of their heart, and the guy who sold it to them was VERY convincing... but sadly it's usually not true.

I saw one of the "number 3 cars" at SDCC this year and was immediately skeptical. People will believe what they want, that's for sure, but at the end of the day I feel a little sorry for the folks that were swindled into believing they were purchasing a piece of film history, when instead they were buying a replica.

IN OTHER NEWS, a new episode of Rise of The MattMobile is uploading right now. Be sure to check out my youtube channel later tonight for the new episode.

and tomorrow, an interview I did for the Nerdist will go live on their website.

In my experience, the people who believe they own a screen used car in fact do not. They believe it with all of their heart, and the guy who sold it to them was VERY convincing... but sadly it's usually not true.

I saw one of the "number 3 cars" at SDCC this year and was immediately skeptical. People will believe what they want, that's for sure, but at the end of the day I feel a little sorry for the folks that were swindled into believing they were purchasing a piece of film history, when instead they were buying a replica.

If it was a replica it was a good one, I'm no epxert by all mean, the inside was fully detailed with gauges and all, the guy seem to know quite a bit of the history of how they were built.

GFollano

I have our very own Rebelscum of the RPF to thank for that one! I love it!

I am gonna have to have him make me a custom one about my chevelle when I get to fixing her up. It was just to awesome.

I do have to admit finding out using a little bondo is a good thing on fiberglass. I always came from the school of thought "You can never use to much Bondo":facepalm I guess that comes from working on cars that weigh as much as a freight train :lol

Hey Matt, Its Hendric From Fonco! Just checking in on the Matmobile and WOW, It looks freaking amazing! Its really an amazing project.

See you around!

I'm finding the RPF to be quite the place for information and inspiration. I'll have to take you up on that offer.

The video was really entertaining. I'm sure you are gonna have a line of people waiting to get a ride when you're done. :D

For me it's all about convenience. More bondo means more sanding. And I frickin' hate sanding. So I'm really just doing myself a favor. :D

Hey Matt, just be sure you spend equal time using both arms when sanding - for all that you've had to do, you don't want to end up with one huge arm and a wimpy one!! :lol

Glad to see the nerdist video is getting a ton of hits, and also the comments are pretty positive. Especially the ones about the MattMobile! lol

More sanding yesterday, though nothing really to report. I REALLY need to get down to IMS to pick up my steel. I'll try to get that done this week.

More progress!

car.jpg

And to find out why there is buff paint all over my car, read this blog entry:
The Project Workbench: MattMobile Gets Buff!!!

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back