Nerf Gun Props? YES!

I'd guess he made the parts. PVC and sheet styrene for a one off custom or wood block and then resin cast for mass produced.

Yet that is 20th century thinking.... could very easily be 3d printed.

OK, where on EARTH did you get the extension part for that. That is just made of pure awesome, and I must have one.

They sell RoboCop airsoft pistols on eBay for like $20 I think. The extensions are removable. They also sell cheaper non-functioning toys, but I'm guessing they're too small to be in scale so that's probably not what you'd want.

Yea, checked ebay, doesn't look like they've got then any more, a few resin full sized casts (with that big dumb rear sight). Maybe I'll snag one of those and try to trim it down. *sigh*

A bit of fun with a cheap water gun.

20150807_160649.jpg20150807_225501.jpg

Hey guys, really loving this page, joined for it! Lots of really amazing inspiration and tips on here and wanted to submit my first attempt at painting a nerf double strike.
DSC_5063.jpg
I had a ton of fun making it and am pretty excited to start another, full details of my build are here!

Thought you guys might like to see this Nerf -> Aliens M41 Pulse Rifle

I'm not sure I would use a single one of his techniques. I suppose if you're making something for a kid to wear at halloween or something, cardboard and curtain rods are OK. But if you're trying to create something that is sturdy for cons, or for a movie prop, you want it to be able to take a beating. Cardboard and hot glue will not do the trick.

There are some pulse rifle builds in this thread that are much nicer, and just look more like a pulse rifle. ;)

But I do appreciate that fellows enthusiasm. It's a nicely put together video.

Hey! Im Adam, im new here,i make things and make other things not be in corny colors.

photo.JPG
This was the other night. Finally decided to get to bringing a new persona to the Rapid-Strike. Super solidly designed "blaster", and was begging to be taken a lil more seriously. So, it got sprayed, and wrapped in Five miles of tape. Update pictures later, it's come a LONG way.

photo 1.JPGphoto 2.JPGphoto 3.JPG Almost there. After masking off the black base, i hit it with a few coats of a chalky grayish-navy color, followed by several mistings of a lighter blue-gray color. The metal bits were first dry brushed in testor's metallic Graphite, then metallic silver. Once those were together, i loaded my airbrush with a heavily dilute black chromacrylic drawing ink, and started blasting away, letting areas dry to see where "dirty" areas or "beat up" areas needed to be layered and built up.After inking, i started "weathering" with the metallic silver and a silver sharpie over the dark "burned" areas. For the yellow markings, i taped areas back off, and went in with a sponge brush to get a coat down, then a smaller brush for better control around the "chipping".

LEFT TO BE DONE:

3m carbon fiber vinyl wrap in sections, the stock, l.e.d work.

Hi everyone,

I've been scouring this thread a few weeks now for inspiration and ideas - it never gets old - so many talented people out there, and it seems a lot of them are all in this one thread!

Big thanks to everyone here - you've all been a huge influence on the few pieces I've done so far. I thought I'd share them here...

The Deploy: I had to start with the most complicated mechanism I could find, didn't I? Doh! Thanks to a few (mostly) helpful youtube tutorials, I got it all back together, and in working order too.

The Maverick: I decided to have a shot at some internal mods on this one, as you can see from the fully extended cylinder. It's since had a bit more grime added to it too.

The Nitefinder: A bit of a contrast here - hammered metal paint with a bit of added rust, and aluminium tape to get the chrome look for the grip, trigger and barrel.

The Rayven: fun with masking tape.

The Hammershot: My latest, and even though I'm really happy with how it looks, it's a complete flop. The undercoat didn't take to the plastic, and the rust-coloured paint I'm using doesn't want to stay on either - the slightest rub takes it right off, as you can see on parts of the the chain... so I played with a few techniques since I wasn't too concerned about messing it up, and went hard on the grime to cover the sketchy bits. Rock-salt masking for the rusty blue areas, and patinated brass on the front of the cylinder and back of the grip. I'll try this on again one day soon...

So, that's my nerf-life story so far - learning more and more as I go. I hope you like them, and maybe find a little inspiration in there too.

Nice work Vim. Welcome to the RPF.

I've had some issues with paint on the nerf guns too. Some times you have to sand them a little to give the plastic some tooth, and then prime. Sand, prime again.

I just finished one. It's based loosely on River Songs Alpha Meson blaster (doctor who) but then I went a bit crazy with the weathering :D
IMG_20150910_180025223.jpg IMG_20150910_180002673 (1).jpg
Apologies for the terrible pics

The Hammershot: My latest, and even though I'm really happy with how it looks, it's a complete flop. The undercoat didn't take to the plastic, and the rust-coloured paint I'm using doesn't want to stay on either - the slightest rub takes it right off, as you can see on parts of the the chain... so I played with a few techniques since I wasn't too concerned about messing it up, and went hard on the grime to cover the sketchy bits. Rock-salt masking for the rusty blue areas, and patinated brass on the front of the cylinder and back of the grip. I'll try this on again one day soon...
Try using a matte clear coat over the top

I was commissioned to build a ray gun for a theater prop. Started with an Nerf DoubleStrike:
IMG_1761.jpgIMG_1785.jpgIMG_1786.jpgIMG_1789.jpg

Combination of some old science department lens, aluminum fin, adjustable foot from a dryer, paint, some leather....
Non functioning as a Nerf, but looks great.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back