Nerf Gun Props? YES!

I need help with a Nerf mod, recreating something seen on tv with one, is this a good place to ask? Like I already have a thread for help, but I'm just wondering if this is a good place to ask for more insight and help.

Hi Laain-

You can ask.. but this is more a of 'show off' completed build thread..

You'd probably get more detailed/focused answers in your own thread.

post a link to your thread.. and also post thew questions you have.

I'm trying to make this:

image - Copy.jpg 14601888404_7939a7b0c4_o.jpg Link to pics of prop someone took. (posted in my thread)

My base gun is a Shadow Hawk 100. I'm just trying to figure out how to do the barrel and such like the trigger area for example.

I have a small addition I made to fit Star Lord's Nerf gun. It's just a grip piece I sculpted, molded and cast in resin, then wrapped in carbon fiber vinyl. Hardly worthy of this thread, but I thought I'd share anyways:

original
nerfblaster2.jpg

w/grip piece
blastergrip.jpg

wrapped
blasterwrap.jpg

" It's just a grip piece I sculpted, molded and cast in resin, then wrapped in carbon fiber vinyl. "

How good is carbon fiber vinyl! i've got a longshot that I'm in the process of wrapping.

Yeah, it's cool stuff. I dig the texture. Almost worthless without the heat gun though. That's where the real magic happens.

Here is a close-up pic. I still had to fill in a few small gaps with a sharpie.

blasterwrap3.jpg

Wow. Tons of Nerf mods here to look through. Amazing stuff from everyone. Hopefully my SHIELD-issued Longshot/Firefly/Recon mix will turn out even half as well as these!

I've got a Nerf question. I'm planning on making a Steampunk rifle over the summer and was wondering how the Vulcan barrel would look if it were attached onto the front of the Slingfire (or whatever the lever action rifle in the Zombie Strike line is called). I know it would have to be forcibly attached since they aren't designed to go together, I'm mainly wondering about whether the Vulcan barrel would be the right size or not (and I'm only concerned about how it looks; I don't care about how it affects performance).

Barrel alone, or the whole front half/shroud of the vulcan? I have both of those blasters so I can do some figuring for you if you'd like

Preferably the whole front half including the shroud, but if you could see how it would look with just the barrel too that would be nice.

Quick question for Nerfer's out there...

Anyone built a custom shell completely from scratch out more durable materials like MDF or aluminium? How did it work out and was it a ballache?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back