Large scale Millennium Falcon Kit ID's**New Maps at start of thread**

Re: Large scale Millennium Falcon Kit ID's

Hi everyone
Thanks BP!!(y)thumbsup:thumbsup
It seems to me that the part matches, both have seven layers. Now it just have to be the right size. Thanks for the info BP.

Hi Treadwell:)

Is it me, or has that part been retooled? The wire ribbons (or whatever) seem to be a different shape, for example.
As far as I know this kit has not been retooled by Airfix, it's the same good old kit.
What might have happened is that I "free transformed" -PS- several falcon pictures to fit a flat perspective of the side panels to have an idea of what kind of parts too look for to enhance my AMT Falcon:).
On an other hand, some kits on the falcon seem to be resin casts filled in with several layers of paint just as Asemblyrequired mentioned, what could explain some loss of definition on some parts in relation with it's original counterpart.

I will soon post more Id's of Centurion and Kettengrad parts:cool see ya!

Last edited:

Here are some more Centurion IDs. to keep on with the Millennium Madness:wacko
There are even more Centurion parts but those have been already accurately IDed. I've count 32 parts of this kit on the 5 footer.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I am stunned at the dedication it took to I.D. those parts.....Unbelievable! :eek
:cool

Scott

What I like about Rodmart's presentation style, though, is that it reveals so much about the parts which I'd eventually scratchbuild :)

Sorry if I repeated some IDs, you see, I've got a lousy memory:) so I make my Id pages to remember from what kit I took these parts off in case they are needed for another ship (like the Y-Wing), so I may repeat some already Ideed parts just for clarity´s sake (My own clarity).
Hope it does not bother anyone.:cool

Last edited:

Personaly, I am very appreciative of the way you put your parts lists together, and repeating only clarifies for me.

But I dont think anyone was criticising your layout.

Great work as always guys.

Ozzy

Yes:)
The presentation of Gort, Rodmart or Blackpig are very good !

My post isn't bad critic about Rodmart job, who is excellent, :thumbsup ! It was simple information...

Just found this part, highlighted in green, also from the Hasegawa M4.
Stu

Great!, can't seem to post pics at the mo, try later.

Last edited:

Hi,

Her is another batch up updates of previous maps, plus a first pass at the various maintenance pits. I have to say I've struggled with these pits, but I'm sure Blackpig will make a dent in the parts I can't spot!.

The images we have have in public domain don't really give us enough angles and clarity for all of these pits. I recall SWgeek was offering to get some pics recently but doesn't sound like that came off. If anyone has the Lucasfilm exhibition near them and has a chance to grab some pics of the big Falcon that would be a massive help.

Anyway, here are the next batch of updates in no particular order.

Cheers
Nick

MF022_underside_stbd_access.jpg

MF020_underside_stbd_rear_pit.jpg

Hey Nick,

MF020A

The tank deck is a panther/jadgpantger or King Tiger.
In comparison with the Handley Page parts, I would say 1/48. That can discard the Bandai Panther/Jagdpanter deck (which have the late version of the cooler or whatever it is called), so I think it's a King Tiger. I think you have the Bandai so you can check (I dont have it).

I dont know the diameter of the access pits on the 5', but from what I can recall (I'm not at home to check my build) the 32" has 27 mm holes, so I would say the holes are about 2" (probably a tad more) on the 5' since it about twice the size of the 32" ? A 1/35 deck would be too large to fit into this hole I think and 1/72-76 is way too small.

Nice job on the partmaps !!

MF012 1.1

I dont think parts #4 are from the JPS.

I believe they are from the Tamiya Tyrrell Ford F1 :

tyrrelfordf1.jpg

They are one part molded instead of the usual 2 separates tranny parts.

Not a big deal though as the result is nearly identical !

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back