Large scale Millennium Falcon Kit ID's**New Maps at start of thread**

Re: Large scale Millennium Falcon Kit ID's

swgeek, could you take high-def from-as-far-away-as-you-can photos of the direct rear, side and front views - just to capture an undistorted basic shape of the burger - er, I mean the Falcon - and something that can be translated to plan views? Something that would capture the real curve of the dome shape. Also, I'm really wondering about that engine deck - 'cause it seems like the dome isn't really the same all throughout the ship but gradually flattens a bit at the engine deck area towards the rear feathers/petals? Has anyone noticed this? Or is it an illusion created by the flat petals?

Hi guys, here are some more parts I recognized from the Airfix 1/24 Mustang and Tamiya 1/35 Panzerspahwaggen.
Today I was lucky to get my hands on an AMT 57 Chevy Bel Air and a 1/12 Ferrari 312:lol.
I've learned a lot with you guys so I am trying to give something back.
Good Luck to everyone!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

accesbay1.jpg

Last edited:

BlackPig, that's fine man, you can borrow any image, just keep the IDing up, you rock pal!:cool
And yeah! You should change names!:lol

Hey guys great job. Haven't checked in here for a few days but I see you've been busy!

Rodmart; you are beating me to the punch on the maintenance pits! - thanks though :)

MightyPig: What can I say... I've never even heard of the Bandai Bonanza!?

My time is getting a bit stretched at the moment, but I'll keep up as best I can. If we are lucky maybe SWgeek will have got some new pics?

Nick

Wow, so they actually did use a bandai 1/48 plane here. I'd wondered if those were used. I'm still looking for some parts of other studio scale models, and it always helps to find out some of the more obscure sources of parts...just in case their other parts are used on the studio model I'm looking at.

Wow, so they actually did use a bandai 1/48 plane here. I'd wondered if those were used. I'm still looking for some parts of other studio scale models, and it always helps to find out some of the more obscure sources of parts...just in case their other parts are used on the studio model I'm looking at.

Yup. Was used for the Y-Wing too.

Just a note regarding the Bonanza kit. It was originally released by Entex. The molds were also used by Bandai. At present, they are released under the Minicraft label. Same goes for the Piper Cub (which is used on the Galactica) and the Cherokee.

In other words, these kits are (thankfully) readily available - and relatively cheap.

Thanks SSR !! That's a good news as the Bonanza is also used on other ANH models ! That's always nice to hear they can be found for cheap ! :thumbsup

Thanks Gort!
Here is one more on the maintenance pits and some M42 Duster findings. Do you know to what kit does belong that radiator type part resting on the oppsite Chevy 57 ?

tamiya25pdrfieldgun.jpg

Just a note regarding the Bonanza kit. It was originally released by Entex. The molds were also used by Bandai.

Hi guys,

Though I apologizes to upset the talk, that was originally released by Bandai.

Entex's 1/8 Porsche RSR was originally released by Eidai Grip.(See the kit sprue. There must be a stamp of "Eidai" in it.)
J.P.S. Lotus and Mazda rotary engine were too. [Edit: Mazda rotary engine was reliesed by Gakken. Unsure.]
It seems to have sold Entex by repackaging kit of various manufacturers.

And more, Itareli's Steyr tractor was originally released by Max-mokei.

Last edited:

Thanks MonsieurTox, glad to contribute with the Falcon Madness!
WOW:eek
BlackPig, you really know about models, I'm impressed!
Keep it up pal!

BlackPig, you really know about models, I'm impressed!
Keep it up pal!

Hey Rodmart !

Thanks !! :love
However, Japanese old modeler might be known that thing.
Anyway, Bandai, Eidai-Grip, and Gakken were all manufacturers in Japan.:lol

BTW, I got the Nichimo's Elefant. So, I upload the images of the sprues.

It is what I confirmed that parts in a red frame were used for big MF.
(Therefore, the probability is high that was Itareli's Elefant about that engine grill.)

Happy modeling !:)

Some great info flying around here! - I wondered if the Minicraft 1/48 planes had the same tooling as the entex/Bandai kits.

Also useful to know we need both types of 1/35. Elefant.

NB: I'm not at my home PC so can't use any images, but I noticed that in Rodmarts pic of the inner jaw where he's noted the 25 pdr panel. just ahead of it to the right I can also see the Nichimo Elefant part which is shown on BP's sprue scan, just under the drive wheel that's been highlighted. Can anyone confirm?

Also same pic, behind the 25pdr panel you can see another use of the 1/9 Kettengrad block part!

Cheers
Nick

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back