Classic Tron Lightcycle - Rereleased?

redshirt

Sr Member
Anyone hear of the original Tron Lightcycle being re-released now that the new movie has revived interest?

One of the better original Tron Lightcycle replica toys was the Medicom version. I hope they release these again. It was 6.5" inches long, a good size.

1_b64887577cf4563d4b2909053cde6e26.jpg

Some Disney TRON screencaps:

Lightcycle6.jpg

LightCycle-1.jpg

Some pics of the Medicom Tron Cycle:

DSC04649.jpg

DSC04648.jpg

DSC04655.jpg

You can see the Medicom doesn't have the screw-holes like earlier toy versions, and it opens up to fit in the Tron figure that comes with it. The window is smoke plastic, so you can see into it too.

I like the medicoms a lot. I would love to grab one of these because I like the light trails. But I think they did the blue a little too dark.

I wouldn't bother to keep these in the package, these would totally be on display.

If I had my druthers I would do a 12" replica of this one. I would LOVE to have one that size.

I was hoping that Sideshow or the company that made Kaneda's light up bike (Akira) would create an original lightcycle. I have a set of Medicoms boxed away, intended for future display. These are the best ones, I think. The figures are fairly so so. I don't think they were released in the U.S. I had to import them around the time of the release of the anniversary DVD.

Just read about Timeslip's Resin Tron Kit from 2007 at a HobbyTalk thread. Here's someone's buildup of it. It's 10 inches in length. I want one!

IMG_00121.jpg

You think someone would be doing "Classic Tron" lightcycles. Sideshow, to their credit, is doing the classic Tron statue. But c'mon somebody release the classic lightcycles please!!

I'd love to get my hands on the Timeslip resin kit and put that on a lighted stand with areas masked off on the base floor so a lined grid lights up underneath it. That would ROCK!

You think someone would be doing "Classic Tron" lightcycles. Sideshow, to their credit, is doing the classic Tron statue. But c'mon somebody release the classic lightcycles please!!

I'd love to get my hands on the Timeslip resin kit and put that on a lighted stand with areas masked off on the base floor so a lined grid lights up underneath it. That would ROCK!

You mean the classic TRON statue from Electric Tiki that Sideshow is selling? The concept is cool but the face doesn't look like TRON to me.

I do wish a company would make a light up version of the original lightcycle too. It shouldn't be too hard. The really difficult part would be placing a light up accurate figure with light up handle bars on the inside of the cycle.

There are a bunch of reissues of the figures and such on amazon for the 25th anniversary of the movie. They're kinda steep but I wouldn't mine one of the vehicles.

There are a bunch of reissues of the figures and such on amazon for the 25th anniversary of the movie. They're kinda steep but I wouldn't mine one of the vehicles.

It's a shame that Medicom didn't do a new release for the movie.

Here's the Tron Polystone bust being sold by Sideshow (released from Enesco, LLC). It has a Tron lightcycle, but it's a tiny 3 inches long.

TronBust.jpg

Does anyone know if Timeslip still comes here?

Found this too. Not sure if it's from the orig Lightcycle 3D renders for the 1st movie?

lightcycle_all_sides.jpg

That is a original rendering form the movie (form the dvd). I researched high and low years ago and that is the BEST reference for the lightcycle you can get.

Notice the top stripe is a clearer color. No replica has reproduced this

While it is small, about 4" long, this is by far, the most accurate classic model kit available...I've done a lot of research on the classic one and this is it..I didn't do it, but I have one:cool

CyberCycle

Sweet mother Mary! That's it!! Gotta get me a few of those. Wonder if they do a better price for 3 of them. Wow, thanks for the heads up. Their site pics speak volumes.

shot_01.jpg

shot_03.jpg

shot_02.jpg

Last edited:
This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back