Replica Lynda Carter Wonder Woman costume

And just because-

a.gif

Nick

wonderful work! sounds like it was a lot of fun for both of you. thanks for sharing. :) I'm impressed with the level of detail and quality.

It's funny seeing this post now because I recently watched Double Dare, where Jeannie Eppe (Linda Carter's stunt double for Wonder Woman) remarked on how hard it was to do all those stunts in that costume. Not only did she have to do flips and fights in a backless strapless corset without having a "wardrobe malfunction," but the costume was so skimpy that there was no room for typical stunt pads. Seeing the costume here makes me realize not just how detailed it was (a lot of those details got lost on TV) but how crazy it was to try to run in that. LOL.

P.S. - I used to have the Wonder Woman doll when I was a kid. I remember the star underpants being particularly amusing. man, I would've loved to have had a mini replica for my doll as a kid.

Last edited:
Thanks Guys!!

@Jinyo, the amount of time on this is considerable.

Lynne would spend her evenings beading this. Her eyes would get shot beading on the reflective gold surface.

Chuck...

<--- said girlfriend.

Don't scare him! :p We've already been shying away from this project for months just thinking about the amount of detail work involved.

The costume recreation is positively astounding. Honestly, I think I want to cry looking at the painstaking amount of work that went into making it. It's beautiful, simply beautiful. Your wife is a superhero in her own right!

Dare I ask if this is a project your wife would ever be willing to attempt again? Or is it the kind of project where no amount of money would be worth ruining her eyes over more endless nights of beadwork?

~Victoria

Thanks Guys!!!

@Scruffyrebel, HAHA!
Mum's the word.

Thanks you very much for the kind words, I'll be sure to pass them on to Lynne.
Here's a link to Lynne's sewing blog that has a shot of the inside.
http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=htt...er-woman-glimpse-inside.html?spref=fb&h=8a07d

Yes, Lynne has accepted two more commissions for this costume.
Here is a very nice page on The Wonder Woman Collectors website.
WonderWomanCollectors.com - The Ultimate Wonder Woman Collectors Guide

Thanks again,
Chuck...

Last edited:
Beautiful! I never even noticed all the detail that was in that outfit. That's a spectacular replica of an iconic costume!

thanks for the link to her blog. very interesting reading about all the details. I can't believe they had put boning on the butt in the original... butt boning, who woulda thunk?

Ms Carter is a resident of my fire station's first-due area. We see her regularly and she usually stops in on Thanksgiving Day to give us a spiral ham. She could easily fit into the suit today. She still looks great.

Chuck, I am in AWE. I just signed up in this forum. I am starting Han in Carbonite Project. The Wonder Woman is amazing in detail. WOW

Best to you,
Allan (QuickBat) on 1966 Batman message Board

Hi All,

Well here it is finished and with it's enormous new cape!!

We're pretty happy with the cape!
We figured out the unique construction of the pattern and layout for almost 100 sequined stars.

This is the first WW cape replica to my knowledge to replicate the original pattern and one layered,French seamed construction.

Thanks again for all the kind words!
All the best,
Chuck...

Amazing!!!!

Again I love the attention to detail, top notch work! it's the little details that makes the big difference.

GFollano

I actually have a horror story about ww when i was jusy a small boy i had just taken a bath and was hurrying to get to the tube. Cause my favorite show was gettin ready to come on wonder woman of course as i layed down in front of the t.v. It started! Omg i loved that show long story short i got so excited i bumped my elbow on my grandmas cedar chest forcing the q tip i had in my hand into my eardrum ouch! I stood up very carefully and staggered into the hall and screamed at the top of my lungs my mom came into the room as i pulled the qtip from my ear a stream of blood ran down the side of my face i had punctured my ear drum so needless to say i missed my show! And had to have reconstructive surgery on my eardrum so when i say now thats wonder woman! I mean it

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back