Show off thread: Upgraded Boba Fett ESB blaster - now with real MPP tube

Re: Show off thread: Upgraded Boba Fett ESB blaster

I'm not sure they are clamps exactly.
The front one has two threaded posts sticking out the bottom, they aren't tabs. The thing is bolted on.

Not exactly true, but I'm rollin' Gino-style on that one. Clamps is a good enough descriptor, or else I just call 'em mounts.

-break-

That bronze cast is key to the excellent finish. In the end, you just can't make resin and paint look or feel like real metal.

Not exactly true, but I'm rollin' Gino-style on that one. Clamps is a good enough descriptor, or else I just call 'em mounts.

Maybe it's still a "clamp", but a spring clamp is not exactly accurate considering it's held on with bolts through the MPP tube. Maybe the spring factor wasn't enough to hold them on.

PS - What's "rollin' Gino-style"?
(edit - I get the general meaning, but not how it applies here)

Last edited:

On the original prop, did they not paint the scope black along with the scope mounts? I don't see any white lettering anywhere on that ASI scope from the production photos, and it seems to have a dull look like the rest of the mount assembly.

Yes, painted with something. In some pictures it looks almost like the same dark brown/dirty/rusty look like the ROTJ version, with some small patches of the original black showing through.

On the original prop, did they not paint the scope black along with the scope mounts? I don't see any white lettering anywhere on that ASI scope from the production photos, and it seems to have a dull look like the rest of the mount assembly.

...Keeping in mind that the scope might not even be an ASI scope. There are other manufacturers that produced an identical scope...just sayin'

Even if we had the original Empire blaster in hand in the year 2010 with a scope on it, we couldn't trust that the scope was the exact same unit as seen on screen without corroborating evidence (because parts break, fall off, get replaced, etc. on so many blaster props). The scope on the 'Jedi Hero blaster prop is painted with the same colors and weathering as the rest of the prop (gray). The color of the 'Jedi blaster would actually contrast sharply with the Empire and demonstrate just how light in color the 'Jedi actually is compared to the blued steel flare gun. I actually doubt the original scope was painted for the Empire prop, but that's just an swag without any solid evidence to back it up.

Out with the Heyland and in with the MPP!

Also replaced the scope mounts with a set from Sidewinder. Lacking in some detail but a better size.

fettesb7.jpg
fettesb8.jpg

fettesb9.jpg

Necrobump with a question---

The Heiland/MPP tube, is it a 3 cell or a 2?

I'm sure most people would use a 3, but from what I see a 2 cell would work as well.

Unrelated-- I have some extra 2 cell synchronars with the rounded ports... I'M JUST SAYING.

A plausible theory is its the same MPP tube from the vader ANH V1 lightsaber.

Necrobump with a question---

The Heiland/MPP tube, is it a 3 cell or a 2?

I'm sure most people would use a 3, but from what I see a 2 cell would work as well.

Unrelated-- I have some extra 2 cell synchronars with the rounded ports... I'M JUST SAYING.

Definitely plausible!

I'm just trying to determine if a 2 cell would work given how much of a 3 cell is hidden.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back