My Prop Replica Collection - New Arrival : The Godfather

Re: My Prop Replica Collection - New Arrival - Star Trek : Boldly Going ......

Our house has a sort of 'central hall' / area, a kind of 'all roads lead to Rome'. You can't go anywhere without passing through here :lol

In the deco is a Tibetan Prayer Scroll

psc.jpg

However, after all these years, the cat decided he didn't like one of the lateral parchments, and he tore the bottom part off :(

Never to fear, Alan is here :lol !

Got me this beautiful Klingon Ceremonial Banner, and before the Mrs. could say 'Jack Sparrow', I had it up :lol

kb1-404x762.jpg

kbcomb1-762x570.jpg

My camera lens is not capable of capturing the whole area & how the banner fits in, but I tried to superimpose images to give an idea what it looks like. Please excuse the crudity of the merged pics :lol

kbcomb2-962x508.jpg

kbcomb3-960x633.jpg

One small step for me, and boldly going where I've not been before ..... first replica that is not in the prop room :love

Actually, the Mrs. loves it, and it is fast becoming a 'tradition' to shout 'Qapla' every time we walk past it :lol

Slowly slowly captures the whole house ;) Once the props escape there is no stopping them :)

I got one of those Brady Bunch Tiki Idols from Matt Munson, Now I can't find it , Nanananaaaaa~

Re: My Prop Replica Collection - New Arrivals - Ind. Jones, Stargate, Jur. Park, Sere

Slowly slowly captures the whole house ;) Once the props escape there is no stopping them :)

Indeed :love

-------------------------------------------------

Got a call from the PC place, and it seems my laptop is going to be at the hospital for about another week :cry

However, I don't like to let stuff accumulate, so again, at the risk of posting crappy pics because I am using the Mrs' PC (good for her Farmville though :lol), here goes a few updates to bring the collection up to speed :)

From Stargate SG-1, 2 great items made by Brian (TK1565) :thumbsup

A Tok'ra TER modification device / chip

tokwmodSG-603x703.jpg

wepmod1-931x595.jpg

wepmod2-925x612.jpg

... and a Tok'ra Short-range Communicator. (Strangely enough, the colours on the replica are in accordance to some of the original ones sold at auction, but they look different on screen).

tokcommSG-917x584.jpg

tokcom12-785x579.jpg

tokcom2-788x683.jpg

tokcom3-703x633.jpg

Next, from markpoon, the KOTCS Challenge Coin I got a while back, now together with the ROTLA Coin in the newly arrived lovely wooden Display Frame. 2 down, 2 to go :)

IJF1-941x637.jpg

IJF2-935x632.jpg

From Jurassic Park 3, and with pics shamelessly pinched from Troy, (Beechy McFly) because at least I know these pics look good :lol, here's a Raptor Resonating Chamber I traded with him :)

resoSG-906x504.jpg

resch1-963x382.jpg

resch2-964x384.jpg

... on display with some other JP items :)

reschdisp-890x601.jpg

Finally, from "Firefly" / "Serenity", here's ....... Serenity :lol

Little Damn Heroes version from Qmx :) :thumbsup

seren1-908x614.jpg

seren2-904x611.jpg

seren3-900x608.jpg

seren4-895x604.jpg

seren5-888x600.jpg

seren6-882x595.jpg

Rearranged some items on the shelving to accommodate the new babies :)

SGSEdisp-877x616.jpg

OK, I think I'm up to date now :confused

Last edited:
Re: My Prop Replica Collection - New Arrivals - Ind. Jones, Stargate, Jur. Park, Sere

Seriously, Alan, are you building an addition on to your house for all your props?
You can start charging admission.
hehe.

Did you treat the cat for getting rid of the old decoration :) I hope the new banner is at a cat safe height.

That mermaid is wonderful :) And still, everytime the Indiana Jones monkey head comes along on one of your photo's...:)

Wow, that mermaid is just plain freaky! Very cool though--awesome collection!

Re: My Prop Replica Collection - New Arrivals - Firefly / Serenity

Thank you all so much for the nice comments folks :)

Seriously, Alan, are you building an addition on to your house for all your props?

Nope. I'm still playing musical chairs in the prop room (except for a certain banner that 'escaped' :lol)

Did you treat the cat for getting rid of the old decoration :) I hope the new banner is at a cat safe height.

Nothing in the house is at cat safe height unfortunately :( We just live with it and work around His Royal Highness as best we can :lol

------------------------------------------------------------------

Some more 'standard' Firefly / Serenity additions to complete that display section :)

The (gasp, folded :lol) Map of the Miranda Region

firmir-905x611.jpg

Which of course came with the Money Pack from the bank heist

firmonSG-747x679.jpg

firmon1-914x618.jpg

firmon2-911x616.jpg

And of course, what Firefly / Serenity display would be complete without this :)

firpi0-899x541.jpg

firpiSG-608x803.jpg

firpi1-894x603.jpg

firpi2-892x602.jpg

firpi3-891x602.jpg

firpi4-887x599.jpg

firdisp-931x630.jpg

Think I'll call this the Qmx shelf :lol

Last edited:
Re: My Prop Replica Collection - New Arrivals - Firefly / Serenity

Nice new additions, the new unti will soon be filled ;)

If the screen gun that heavily shaded ? It almost looks like it had been burnt.

Re: My Prop Replica Collection - New Arrival - The Golden Voyage of Sinbad

Thanks guys :) :thumbsup

If the screen gun that heavily shaded ? It almost looks like it had been burnt.

No idea I'm afraid, but I'm sure Qmx knew what they were doing. It does seem to look that way from the screencaps though (?)

----------------------------------------------------------

OK, bear with me a little on this one fellows :) .........

When I was wee lad in the 70's, I had a very close relationship with my grandpa (may his soul rest in peace :( ).

I owe my initiation into fantasy worlds thanks to him.

He had a huge set of the complete volumes of ''One Thousand and One Nights", and every single time I used to go to his house, I sat down at his feet, and he'd read to me from them. I was always in utter awe.

He also used to take the fantasies into the real world, and his favourite one was to put on a stern face, pass his palm over his face while saying "Whooooosh !" ... and presto, he was invisible ! Then he'd promptly lift me horizontally so my belly was on his shoulder, and he'd walk all round the house with me there, arms stretched out, 'flying', to the utter amazement and shrieks of 'WOW !!' coming from the assembled family.

Hey, I was around 5 or 6 OK :lol

But those memories of Near & Far Eastern tales, are as vivid today as they were then :)

Of course, he always used to take me to the cinema, and first movie I remember going to was "The Golden Voyage of Sinbad".

He took me 3 or 4 times to watch it, and when I was old enough to go on my own and it was being shown again at the cinema, I used to go :)

From the whole movie, what struck me most out of all Ray Harryhausen's creations, was the statue of Kali coming to life, dancing for Koura, and then fighting Sinbad.

Till this very day, that scene is as realistic to me as it was then, with all the latest technological effects that we are used to today notwithstanding.

For all the above reasons, this figure evokes some emotion for me :)

And here she is in all her glory

kalitSG-932x718.jpg

kalisg2-925x527.jpg

If you have read this far and not gone straight down :lol, then you've got a few more minutes to spare, so please allow me to share these a moment of the movie with you before proceeding :)

This is the scene where Kali is brought to life, and dances for Koura :

And the fight scene.

Now, here is Ray Harryhausen at work with one of his creations

rh12-769x460.jpg

Here he is with some others, including Kali

rh22-764x626.jpg

And here is my replica :)

kal1-799x824.jpg

kal2-795x736.jpg

kal3-762x854.jpg

kal4-897x606.jpg

kal5-887x599.jpg

kal6-881x595.jpg

kal7-877x592.jpg

kal8-870x587.jpg

kal9-865x584.jpg

kal10-860x737.jpg

And here she is on display :)

kaldisp-931x600.jpg

Frank / Brundelfly, that space next to her is waiting :angel:D

(Here's a rather good article about this particular figure's significance and Ray Harryhausen, for those who are interested in more information.)

Attachments

• kalitSG-932x718.jpg
    kalitSG-932x718.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 71
  • kalisg2-925x527.jpg
    kalisg2-925x527.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 62
  • rh12-769x460.jpg
    rh12-769x460.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 69
  • kal1-799x824.jpg
    kal1-799x824.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 70
  • rh22-764x626.jpg
    rh22-764x626.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 67
  • kal4-897x606.jpg
    kal4-897x606.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 65
  • kal3-762x854.jpg
    kal3-762x854.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 63
  • kal2-795x736.jpg
    kal2-795x736.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 70
  • kal5-887x599.jpg
    kal5-887x599.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 60
  • kal6-881x595.jpg
    kal6-881x595.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 64
  • kal7-877x592.jpg
    kal7-877x592.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 61
  • kal9-865x584.jpg
    kal9-865x584.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 62
  • kal8-870x587.jpg
    kal8-870x587.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 74
  • kaldisp-931x600.jpg
    kaldisp-931x600.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 64
  • kal10-860x737.jpg
    kal10-860x737.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 65
Last edited by a moderator:
Re: My Prop Replica Collection - New Arrivals - Serenity, The Golden Voyage of Sinba

Great new addition Alan.

I too have fond memories of growing up with the Sinbad films.

Great new piece. :thumbsup

Re: My Prop Replica Collection - New Arrivals - Serenity, The Golden Voyage of Sinba

Thank you kind sirs :) I was beginning to think there was no love for Kali :lol

Won her on eBay. Although I've been registered there for years, its the first time in my life I used Auction Sniper .... and it worked like a charm :) :thumbsup (I absolutely hate auctions, they make me too nervous :()

Last edited:

Ah.. Welcome to the Sniper Elite Team.. It's a great feeling.. :lol Is it a nice piece..

Best part is, when I logged on after the auction was over, I saw that I won it at one third of what I put in as my max bid :lol

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back